[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All these innawood shooting threads. >All these box o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: steel n brass.jpg (599KB, 1238x923px) Image search: [Google]
steel n brass.jpg
599KB, 1238x923px
>All these innawood shooting threads.
>All these box opening threads.
>All these what should I buy threads.

Why no competition shooting threads? Are you all afraid to compete or something?

https://youtu.be/ctuF9EOwf8g
>>
>>31980143
Would love to get into 3 gun op. not gonna happen with a px4 storm and a 590A1. Aside from buying 2 new guns, what would be your advice?
>>
>>31980143
I'd like to, but time and money are not in abundance. One of these days after school I'll get off my ass and try it out.
Any experience in cowboy action comp?
>>
I've only got rifles, been considering picking up a cheap shotgun and handgun for it but there's really no shooting competitions around me
>>
>tfw you're not a morning person and all the competitions start early

I'm never going to compete
>>
I'm not a social person and I wouldn't even know where to start to join a competition.
>>
>>31980143
Mortified, Petrified, Stupified.

More accurately, college.
>>
>>31980143
Going to a pistol match next month. Hoping it'll be fun, but honestly stages like in that video look ungodly boring. I enjoy challenges that aren't just about split times.
>>
File: 20160708_102951.jpg (509KB, 1226x703px) Image search: [Google]
20160708_102951.jpg
509KB, 1226x703px
My fat ass went to a 3 gun match once and out shot most of the guys who had been doing it 20 years. When I was 14 I outshot every Fudd with a 20 Guage nova at a skeet and trap competition. Always found competing against others pretty lame.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PgYcBr429tw
>>
File: 1404847856274.jpg (20KB, 323x416px) Image search: [Google]
1404847856274.jpg
20KB, 323x416px
>>31983958
>>
>>31983958
You look and move like a workplace shooter desu
>>
File: 20161009_150915.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_150915.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31983966
Pic related, picture of me in ducks unlimited when I was 12

>>31983990
>work
Hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>31980143
>implying /k/ shoots their guns, let alone owns any
>>
>>31983958
nice moves christian
>>
>IDPA
>I suck at shooting, figure it will be a good way to improve, shoot under stress, etc
>Everyone has hair trigger, full size guns they open carry/barely attempt to conceal with match grade ammo
>show up stock xds 3.3 barrel, 9mm, +p hollow point I use for self defense
>know I'm not going to get near placing, and decide to just enjoy myself without worrying about score but rather improving myself
>everyone is try hard mode, some chill guys, but majority are elitist dicks
>I politely listen to their advice, even though 80% of it is complete fudlore
>meet 2 navy seal/DEVGRU/AIRBORN/KGB/SAS operators
>"this gun has killed more people than years you've been alive kiddo"
>1911 chambered in .22
>....
>place 4th out of 16

Whelp.
>>
>>31984081
Thanks. Who dis?
>>
I do competitions now and then and it's a lotta fun.
Wear regular clothes and shoot a carry gun, go out for eats later.
Think of shooting to improve yourself under stress and to learn something new and it can be a good experience.
I like IDPA better than the rest because it's the closest to reality of what you may encounter.
Like hiding behind blue barrels that are bulletproof!
Anyway, you might like it or find some property with friends and make up your own courses.
>>
>>31984158
you used your real acct/name to respond to the guy who commented, christian
>>
>>31984224
Oh, well then who gives a fuck. I don't have any social media to be linked to this cesspool. I was excited that maybe someone I personally knew lurked this shitpot too.
>>
>>31984091
>IDPA
>open carry
>.22
What kind of person would just... lie on the internet
>>
>>31980143
OP your channel shows a glaring lack of experience and general fear of unpaved roads in your driving videos. Why is that?
>>
I went to one competition and waited around all damn day to shoot for like 5 minutes. If you're into competing it'd be fun I suppose but I'd rather just shoot as much as I want when I want on my own time.
>>
>>31984321
>he uses social media
Wow kys yourself.
>>
>>31985023
Learn to read
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhUZa_q20Os

VP9 btfo yet again
kek
>>
>>31980143

I did one competition a few years ago, then tried to do it again a year later but showed up on the wrong Saturday.

I don't mind that they're in the morning, I do mind the entry fee. I don't want to pay 10 bucks to shoot a competition, especially when the winner gets a share of the entry fees. The winner is going to be that guy who's been shooting for 25 years and uses a $2,400 STI. He's going to beat me and fuck paying for his next upgrade. But I guess that money pile is a good incentive to win.

Then there's the rules. I always get turned off when every competition that includes drawing from a holster bans appendix carry. I carry appendix because it is objectively faster. Now I have to train a different draw just for the competition and I can't help but think that the rule was put in place because the people who made the rule prefer strong side draw and didn't want to get beat. But they'll tell me that I'll shoot my dick off or something, as if people have never put a round through their leg drawing from 3 o'clock.

One of these days, I suppose.
>>
File: 200px-19sfg.svg.png (6KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
200px-19sfg.svg.png
6KB, 200x231px
>>31980143
>thinks shooting paper and steel real fast is competitive

While I admit, it does take skill, it's far from the top of competitive firearm use.
>>
>>31985023
>atm machine
>>
>>31983958
Sure thing, fat fuck. The average IPSC shooter outshoots even Navy Seals.
>>
>>31980143
4chan is full of the underaged and the poor and unemployed.

Very very few of us can afford the entry fees for competition, and even fewer can afford the ammo.
>>
>>31980143
>why no competition threads ?
half of /k/ doesn't own a gun
30% are poorfags and/or fudds and just own up to 3 items of basic shit, like a shotgun, bolt action hunting rifle and maybe a standard pistol
15% pump money into their hobby and actually buy stuff on quantities
and then lastly 5% actually do partake in competitions

that's why you don't get competition threads
also there are actual forums for that kind of stuff and not an anonymous image board with a couple of trips
>>
>>31986697
>but muh tactical movement and camo mashup
>>
>>31986744
this guy gets it
>>
i'd shoot more if i could, but fuck the ontario CFO, fuck the black badge course, fuck IPSC ontario and their political clusterfuck, fuck the fudd ranges who won't let me bring my handguns because of legal bullshit (LOOKING AT YOU SILVERDALE).
>>
>shoot IDPA handful of time
>good club with good people
>competition is good but atmosphere is relaxed
>really enjoy it, going to join club
>work requires me to move to another even more gun friendly state!
>100% Fudd no competitors what so ever
>nearest events are 3-4 hour 100+ mile away drives
>sad
>>
>>31984450
There's no actual condoned IDPA competitions. It's just a thing the local range puts on.
>>
I did IDPA matches earlier this year. Was very enjoyable even if I was a total noob. Some of the people there are p elitist not gonna lie but at least I learned quite a bit about myself and guns and what it may feel like.

Like >>31984183 said it's the closest thing to being under pressure you'll really get outside of specialized training and/or military. I haven't been back because of my schedule though will definitely try to go again.

Also, they weren't really going by the rules and were doing open carry. Nothing was hidden when I was there. It was fucking hot though so there's that.
>>
>>31986965
oh forgot to mention the ONE thing i didn't like above all was how little you actually shoot. like probably 10 minutes out of a few hours.

if you can do it, find your own land and shoot there.
>>
File: travishaley.png (675KB, 1271x646px) Image search: [Google]
travishaley.png
675KB, 1271x646px
>>31986987
this is what I do

>head to competition
>pay 20 dollars
>paste up targets for 30 dudes
>shoot 3 stages for a combined total of 50 seconds of trigger time
>at the range for 3 hours. How about no.

Private range
>invest in target stands (20 bucks per)
>go to private land or own some 10 mins from house
>go to private land
>setup
>shoot for a combined total of 1 h 30 m to 2 h.
>setup and break down takes 15 minutes combined.
>if buddies come to shoot they pay in with ipsc targets or masking tape to help
>investment has already paid for itself.
>2 h 30 mins total with mostly trigger time.
>>
File: foto_no_exif.jpg (166KB, 956x1600px) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
166KB, 956x1600px
Dunno if it fits but here.

Very first day at the range, .22lr carbine, 50mt, on bench with sandbag rest. Do i have potential?
>>
>>31987033
yeah it bothered me but i have no access to land or anything like that and at least this way i know now how it works.
>>
>>31987080
If that was with irons, thats alright.
If that was with a scope, KYS.
>>
>>31987192
Iron, and it was the range's gun so idk how well it kept the zeroing
>>
>>31982432
Actually, I went to an event just yesterday where someone was using a storm. I competed with an Sks as my rifle, dont worry.
>>
>>31986165
What's your idea of competing?
>>
>>31987765
Not that anon, but probably bullseye, silhouette, or some other form of accuracy based competition.
>>
>>31983958

too bad you cant lose your virginity you fat fuck
>>
>>31980143
I'd love to compete...but i have no idea where to start or even what to look for.
>>
File: 1450588618212.png (715KB, 629x758px) Image search: [Google]
1450588618212.png
715KB, 629x758px
>only range near me doesn't allow rapid fire or holster work
>already mad that I can't do any of this since I recently began carrying
>want to try out uspsa
>>
>>31984601
>OP your channel shows a glaring lack of experience and general fear of unpaved roads in your driving videos. Why is that?

Okay then. I don't fear unpaved road, it's more fun to go where there are no roads, thus the off road driving in Cape Town.
>>
>>31983822
This

Some of us work night shift
>>
>>31980143
Stop spamming your shitty channel SAO.
>>
>>31983958
You admit that you're fat, just buy some jeans that fit, no need to delude yourself.
>>
>>31986744
For me, it's not money. It's fear. Not fear of humiliation; I live in California, and they keep changiing what I can and can't have, I'm fucking terrified that I'm going to show up to compete somewhere with a rifle that was legal last month, but is illegal now, and some feds gonna give me the ol' book 'em danno.
>>
>>31988667
I can't make any promises.
>>
>>31988777
>I live in California
That's simple to fix. Move to AZ or TX.

>some feds
It won't be the feds. It will be some state agency. All those safety laws making fun shit illegal are state laws.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.