[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that we have trump, and republican control, does /k/ think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

So now that we have trump, and republican control, does /k/ think ammo will be more available than b4? Will prices on guns go down? Are we finally safe from the mean ol gun grabbers?? What does /k/ think?
>>
We are never safe. The tide has receded for but a moment and we must hasten to repair the dike, to return it to its original glory and rebuild all the pieces carved out of it, because when the anti-gun waters return they will crash against us ever the harder.

In only 2 years will be the midterm elections. We cannot rest.
>>
File: portland riots.png (355KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
portland riots.png
355KB, 600x534px
>>31979809
We've bought four years of breathing space at the federal level -- nothing more. Our enemies will keep trying to turn red states purple and blue states bluer, and will keep whipping themselves into a frothing shit-eating lather.

My own personal best guess is no. The price of ammo and funz will stabilize. The chances of your having to expend some in self defense will probably go up, however. Especially if you live in a large city.
>>
Nah, ammo prices had a lot more to do with demand for metals in China affecting brass cost than anything else.

ARs have been cheap since the market dropped out from under then after the Sandy Hook panic. AKs are due to weak supply due to EOs and all the civil wars in the ME.

Hunting rifles have been priced about the same as they ever were.
>>
Trump has promised us in his most recent policy paper:
>National concealed carry reciprocity
>Improved self-defense laws
>Concealed carry on military bases
>Working to stop gun/magazine bans
>Pro-gun justice appointees
Further, it should be trivial at this point to get silencers off the NFA, the bill is already written. SBRs/SBSs/AOWs could be feasibly removed as well.

If we have a sympathetic SCOTUS we could appeal Harris vs Lynch and get machine guns legalized again--at least have the registry re-opened.

So what's next after we accomplish this? Let's consider some feasible but worthwhile things:
>Massive scaling back of ATF regulatory power; that is, ending the ability of the ATF to ban guns or accessories at whim
>Concealed carry allowed on all publicly funded college campuses--if you take Uncle Sam's cash, you have to allow students to carry within existing state law
>Re-opening the process to restore firearms rights after a federal felony has had its sentence served--there are too many bullshit felonies that are nonviolent and that catch people who meant to do nothing wrong to not allow a means to restore their rights
>Import bans struck down

Get ALL our rights back, ALL of them, before we lose this, our best chance.
>>
>>31979944
>Working to stop gun/magazine bans
Correct me if I'm wrong but all he's said is that he (officially) thinks they're bullshit. I honestly don't see how the Federal government can interfere in internal state affairs to that degree, and I honestly don;t think I want them to.
>>
>>31979971
Same way they make the drinking age 21 nationally even though different states had it set otherwise and there isn't a national law with the age: withholding federal money to the state until it complies.
>>
>>31979857
>Our enemies will keep trying to turn red states purple and blue states bluer, and will keep whipping themselves into a frothing shit-eating lather.
It turns out that most of that process is due to massive fucking fraud which ICE, the Border Patrol, and the FBI will be rooting out. I would not be surprised to see California bright red by 2020.
>>
>>31979971
>I honestly don't see how the Federal government can interfere in internal state affairs to that degree, and I honestly don;t think I want them to.
We're one state government control away from being able to pass a Constitutional amendment banning state laws restricting firearms usage or ownership other than hunting laws. The Dems lost HARD on Tuesday.
>>
File: 1477568179084.png (82KB, 253x255px) Image search: [Google]
1477568179084.png
82KB, 253x255px
>>31980045
>I would not be surprised to see California bright red by 2020.
>>
>>31980059
One has to be careful about calling a Constitutional Convention. iirc, surprises can happen there and they don't always go the way the folks who called them expect.
>>
>>31980069

I have never seen a more exquisite paring of a quote and reaction image.
>>
>>31980083
Why, thank you.
>>
>>31980078
You don't need a convention. You can just pass both houses of Congress and then enough state legislatures in an up or down vote.
>>
File: california poll gun laws.jpg (204KB, 576x1283px) Image search: [Google]
california poll gun laws.jpg
204KB, 576x1283px
>>31980045
You must not live here. The blue-state suburban fascists don't *need* the help of three million newly enfranchised illegals to stomp us with their jackboots. They are creatures of conviction. And they predominate to a ridiculous degree.
>>
>>31980105
Why don't you leave california instead of crying for the federal government to trample states rights?
>>
>>31980105
>trusting polls
>11/09+3/2016
>>
>>31979809
We're safe in the fact that no new federal gun-grabber laws will turn up, but current laws will stay. States can continue doing their own thing.
>>
>>31980105
These are the same polling companies that claimed Hillary was on track for over 320 electoral votes.
>>
Also people have proven they'll buy at these prices, why would they go down?
>>
>>31980119
I am.
>>
>>31980119

He argues the exact opposite at >>31979971

>>31980128

While I certainly trust them much less, do you have a solution that provides better results?
>>
>>31980159
>do you have a solution that provides better results?
Assuming that you can't stump the Trump has been a flawless assumption for over a year. Make your plea to the President-Elect and see what happens.
>>
>>31980153
that's why we have to stop buying at these prices.

i've been going on armslist and offering 25cpr for xm193 and telling them that since trump won, no one is gonna pay 40cpr
>>
File: magritte_was_kind_of_weird.jpg (76KB, 266x374px) Image search: [Google]
magritte_was_kind_of_weird.jpg
76KB, 266x374px
>>31980169

Ah, so prayer. To a businessman.

Odd religion you have there, but who knows. Maybe it will work out.
>>
File: kekmyths.jpg (437KB, 1124x1136px) Image search: [Google]
kekmyths.jpg
437KB, 1124x1136px
>>31980301
Trump is the avatar, not the god himself.
>>
>>31980327

> When /x/ finally lets /pol/ get to third base
>>
>>31979944
THIS

FORWARD
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.