[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much is this worth? Mosin Nagant 1894 Made in France, Chatellerault

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: chatellerault.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
chatellerault.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
How much is this worth?
Mosin Nagant 1894
Made in France, Chatellerault
Has a "Deutsches Reich" mark on the stock, presumably captured in WW1 by Germans
Has a Finnish military mark on it, probably sent by the Germans to the Finnish in the civil war.
Somehow ended up in the hands of some hunters for saving an officer and slightly used in hunting as well

Sorta worn (Probably seen combat more than once), medium rust and still has bayonet, bayonet sheath, cleaning rod and even the original sling but lacks rear sights

Posting more pics below
>>
File: 20130712_191727.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130712_191727.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Here's another pic
>>
about tree fiddy
>>
>>31978982
imagine if gun could talk
>>
File: lolbolt.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
lolbolt.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Other side
>>
>>31979035
It would talk about how it spent 60 years in a wooden crate
>>
File: takemeon.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
takemeon.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
insides
>>
File: makeshiftsightquestionmark.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
makeshiftsightquestionmark.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Some ghetto ass makeshift sight hunters used
>>
>>31978996
What's going on with the rear sight? Is that just a cover he put on the bare edges of the sight base or has it been permanently modified?

>>31979006
>$350
Actually a reasonable offer, given the condition of it and the missing sight.
>>
>>31979043
That maybe be true. But if so, there's still another 62 years it spent out in one of the most defining ages of humanity.
>>
>>31979069
>What's going on with the rear sight? Is that just a cover he put on the bare edges of the sight base or has it been permanently modified?
It's some trippy makeshift rear sight, just half a tube basically stuck onto there on the edges. Easily removed and probably falls off when shooting because of recoil. Accuracy wasn't too neccesary because it was used to hunt moose on an island and seals

>$350
Really? I thought it being used in WW1 and Finnish Civil War would make it more valuable, and that French made mosins were rare. But I guess no one would really find a use for this other than collecting purposes. Maybe it would do better in a museum about WW1 or the Finnish Civil War.
>>
>>31979050
the strikeout on the bolt serials means the bolt was force matched, right?
>>
>>31979096
Yes
>>
>>31979092
>Really? I thought it being used in WW1 and Finnish Civil War would make it more valuable, and that French made mosins were rare
They are, but it's hard to tell the overall condition from your pics; I see a fair amount of discoloration and what looks like surface rust on it so I was being conservative. Plus the bolt is a Finn-match, and the rifle has been through a couple upgrades (handguard fitted, recoil cross-bolt fitted) so it's not exactly in original configuration. Having that original M91 sling on there is pretty cool though; they often didn't survive. How much does he want for it?
>>
>>31979092
It being a Finnish capture actually lowers it's value, and French Mosins aren't rare they're at most slightly more uncommon than Remington and NEW Mosins.

[SA] marked Mosins, while cool and collectible on their own, are actually less valuable than original condition pre WWI M91s.
>>
>>31979092
A great condition basic M91 goes for $400
One in the same condition as yours would be $200.
>>
>>31979242
>[SA] marked Mosins, while cool and collectible on their own, are actually less valuable than original condition pre WWI M91s.
Before any smartass brings it up I'm obviously talking about Finnish captured M91s, not any Finnish Mosin in general.
>>
>>31979242
At first I thought you meant new production Mosins
>>
>>31979157
It's mine. Just wondering how much it's worth.
>>31979242
>It being a Finnish capture actually lowers it's value, and French Mosins aren't rare they're at most slightly more uncommon than Remington and NEW Mosins.
Why is this? I'd imagine it being worth more if it has history behind it.
>>
>>31979518
>Why is this?
Because most of the early Mosin examples still extant have come from Finland. The Finns (and the Russians before them) altered these rifles during various refurbishments and rebuilds because they used the rifles extensively and stuff wears out/breaks with use. This means that finding an example which has all its factory-original features is more difficult for the collector who wants a rifle in the same configuration as it was when issued to, say, the Russian Army during the Russo-Japanese War for example.
>>
>>31978982
>>31978996
>>31979064
Does it have the original sights?
>>
>>31980207
Senpai... Here's your (yuu)
>>
>>31979518
>I'd imagine it being worth more if it has history behind it.
Some people don't want the Finnish history behind it. They want a legitimate original Russian issued M91 in as close to factory configuration as possible, but like >>31980111 said the Finns had A LOT of M91s and they used, abused, upgraded and replaced parts on them making them "less original" from the perspective of someone interested in the Russian collectability of the rifle.

Again like >>31980111 said, I'd love to pick up an original condition M91 with provenance from the Russo Japanese War because that was an extremely interesting conflict but finding original M91s is quite harder than finding Finnish captured ones.
>>
>>31979035
Isn't that the whole premise of Upotte?
>>
I mean I'd keep it, looks likes something you could hang around on your wall and think of Finland.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.