[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am thinking of getting a CZ 527 in x39 for my first gun. Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: wm_6102198[1].jpg (278KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wm_6102198[1].jpg
278KB, 2048x1536px
I am thinking of getting a CZ 527 in x39 for my first gun. Can these feed through the action or do you take the mag out first? How many magazines and what other accessories does /k/ like with it?

Are there any other guns with similarly priced ammo I am better off getting? (Ie, a carbine in 9mm, .223, or .357/.38)?

I live in a cuck state so I don't plan on an AR or a pistol, at least not for my first gun.

Also how many mags do you you generally get for a gun like this?
>>
Generally you only have that one mag and it stays in the gun except to be cleaned.

I would personally get the .223/5.56 version if available being as they're far more domestic productin of that round, and it comes in brass rather than steel 90% of the time.

the pistol calibers are better off in pistols. Nothing really wrong with them, but getting one in a rifle caliber opens far more doors for use. You ain't taking this thing hunting anything higher than a rabbit with a pistol cartridge, .357 aside.
>>
>>31978732
>x39
Be moar pacific
>>
>>31978803
There's only one x39 (7.62) which isn't a meme round
>>
>>31978811
>>31978732

Using stupid abbreviations doesn't make you sound like "one of us" or "really not a newfag".
>>
>>31978780
I'm not planning to hunt with it and I figured a .30 cal would be more fun than a .223

>>31978829
Can you please tell me literally any other round that would be called x39? Cause the only other round I know of with those dimensions is 5.45 which would be called 5.45. Where as there are a billion rounds in .30 cal or 7.62
>>
>>31978811
what do you mean by meme round? The only other x39 caliber there is 5.45x39 and whats so meme about it?
>>
>>31978803
>>31978811
>>31978884
5,45x39,5 to be entirely correct. There is also 9x39.
>>
>>31978884
uh oh autism incoming
>>
>>31978732
What do you want this kind of rifle? What do you expect out of such a platform?

If you choose a bolt action, its not because you need a magazine fed weapon, cause reload time is not a priority. They are hunting rifles, not battle rifles...

If you just want a bolt action combat carbine i would choose a surplus rifle, they have stripper clips and are optimized for "combat"
>>
>>31978933
I want a gun that is reliable that has cheap ammo that I can learn to shoot on. Also while like I said I plan to get a shotgun the cz has an overall length of a hair over 3 feet so it wouldn't be the worst option in the world if someone broke into my house
>>
>>31978891
Well there's 9x39, but the most prolific in America is 7.62. These other posters are being facetious.
>>
>>31978732
If I were you getting that rifle I'd get 3 magazines with it. Not only because it's nice to have spares but because things break. So say you buy this rifle and years later a mag shits the bed on you. Good luck finding a replacement if the rifle is out of production because all the people that bought the rifle typically follow >>31978780 that logic. For all of my bolt guns I get 3 magazines. It's convenient and will last you a lifetime and beyond that.
>>
>>31979002
If your only concern is cheap ammo and learning to shoot, you should consider the 22LR options (unless your state is restricting online orders and 22LR is hard to find), since it's 6-10 cpr vs 20-40 cpr for .223. I don't think a bolt-action is recommended by anyone for home defense.

The CZ 455/452 has an excellent build quality, and comes with sights and integrated dovetail in case you want a scope later.

Tikka is a popular choice for a quality factory rifle and they're known to be very light and handy, but most models don't come with sights.

Rem/Savage if you want a US-made rifle with aftermarket support, or Ruger American if you want a cheaper rifle and use the savings for decent scope.

Howa's are also popular budget bolt actions, and lots of people buy a barreled action and use an aftermarket stock.

I'd recommend getting a sling, and maybe at least one 10 rd magazine (most rifles ship with 5 rd magazines) just for convenience.
>>
>>31979106
I want something bigger than a .22

Like this to me looks like a better mosin that my friend has
>>
>>31979196
The CZ is miles better than a Mosin. Anyone tells you different is too poor or too stupid to appreciate a nice bolt gun.
>>
>>31979270
Exactly. I want a nicer bolt gun that shoots cheap ammo like a mosin. Like I'd get an enfield or mouser or something but all those guns have expensive or rare ammo. Where as this has cheap russian ammo
>>
Nogunz here, I also am thinking about making this my first. Everything I read and see about it says it's a good investment and plus I've always wanted something that shot x39 in something that isn't an AK.
>>
>>31979106
The 527 in x39 is designed to shoot that cheap Russian steel case. I got one as my first centre fire. It's expensive but it is a great rifle, accurate cheap to run and good to learn on. It'll also serve you well as a brush gun for short range hunting. I put a 1-4x Leopold on it on medium rings which still clears the bolt handle.

Tldr do it man, ignore these autists arguing over the name of a caliber instead of discussing the actual rifle. X39 makes perfect sense, the 527 only comes in two calibers ffs and obviously x39 isn't shorthand for 223. Fucking shit posters
>>
>>31979196
>>31979317
If you're married to using 7.62x39 then the 527 is the way to go. There's no other currently-produced bolt action in the US that uses the round that I've heard of, and I only know of a limited-run Ruger M77 that ran it.

In the case of the 527, I suggest being prepared to spend extra $$ on better sights or $500+ on quality rings and optics in the near future. The sights are fixed and don't seem that great to use, but you might enjoy it anyway. I wish CZ had the leaf-and-tangent sight on more than the 22LR trainers.

It's also too bad the full-stock version is only in .223 as well.
>>
>>31979507
I figure x39 would be more fun than .223 because bigger bullet more recoil
>>
What peep sights are best for a 527?
>>
>>31978803
>>31978829
>you dont sound cool
says the faggot

OP get the CZ its pretty funny little gun.
>>
>>31979507

There's also a Zastava in 7.62x39 but it's just complete crap by all accounts.
>>
>>31980089
The only options seem to be the Skinner aperture or the NECG ghost ring sights. If you don't want a gunsmith to drill and tap your receiver, then your only option is the NECG ghostring sight.

A good thing is that you can get different aperture sizes for either option and use the one you like the most. NECG also has a ghost ring screw-in available for its peep sight base, in case you're a fan of that style.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.