[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

United Cuckdom Anon here, just wondering whether or not /k/ likes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 13

File: C96.png (3MB, 1469x1102px) Image search: [Google]
C96.png
3MB, 1469x1102px
United Cuckdom Anon here, just wondering whether or not /k/ likes air guns and/or BB guns?

Over in the UK we have strict as fuck firearms laws which prevent us from getting anything, and if you somehow miraculously get a shotgun license, you're watched like a hawk.

Pic related, it's my KWC M712 C96 (UKSPEC, which means it won't go full-auto), looking to make some dark stained oak grips for it tomorrow that match the box I knocked up for it.
>>
>>31968676
Airsoft belongs on /asp/, though actual air guns are a grey area so I don't really know where they go.
>>
File: puppo.jpg (74KB, 669x667px) Image search: [Google]
puppo.jpg
74KB, 669x667px
>>31968704
Yeah, I'm aware that airsoft goes on /asp/, but as you said, air guns are a bit different/grey.

Would assume that they go on here as they are /technically/ guns, and mine falls under that category as it isn't permitted for airsoft due to the FPS. Didn't buy it for that purpose anyway - Bought it for fun and hunting rabbits.
>>
>>31968676
>shotgun license
good god.
>>
File: 1476638901291.png (282KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1476638901291.png
282KB, 1680x1050px
>>31968841
I know Anon, I know. This country sucks dick. Gotta' work with what I'm given though.
>>
>Airshit
Fuck off.
>>
>>31968860
to be fair, ive seen some pretty dank vids on youtube of euro friends carving some pretty based slingshots. i wouldnt mind going full dennis the menace with one of those
>>
>>31968676
/asp/.
Air guns go on /k/, electric bb guns go to /asp/.
>>
>>31968676
>miraculously get a shotgun license
It's easy as fuck to get a shotgun certificate. It's not even difficult to get a FAC.

This is assuming you're not a total mong.
>>
>>31968741
Just because your airshit is considered an airgun in cuckland doesn't mean it is everywhere else. Until the majority changes to agree this shit belongs on /asp/
>>
File: machete.png (707KB, 704x536px) Image search: [Google]
machete.png
707KB, 704x536px
>>31968896
Slingshots used to be the shit when I was a kid. Back when I was younger we used to make them out of scrap metal, wood, all kinds of stuff.

Weapons are incredibly hard to get in the UK, so you see some gnarly home-made stuff. I made a machete with my work colleague way back when I got my first job at an automotive refinishing place. Reasoning for the flat blade is that I used to use it for chopping up pallets. Ugly thing, but it got the job done.

If you had a Black Widow back in the day, you were the cool kid on the playground. Even cooler if you were a crack shot with one. Sad part was that they were impractical as fuck for hunting though. Crossbows and Air rifles are where its at for that type of thing if you're a Britbong.
>>31968894
>>31968971
Read the OP again. Not talking about airsoft, talking about air guns/air rifles is on-topic as far as the rules on /k/ go as far as I can see. Airsoft belongs on /asp/, air guns belong on /k/.
>>31968912
My gun isn't electric, it's an air gun that works using co2 canisters and mechanical parts. Thought those were the rules though. Thanks Anon.
>>31968934
A lot harder than you'd think. It's more of a fucking hassle than anything else. You need to provide proof of why you need/want a shotgun, need to be a member of a gun club, among a few other things. I don't particularly want a shotgun anyway. I prefer rifles and hand guns for what sort of use I get out of them.
>>
>>31968934
>It's easy as fuck to get a shotgun certificate

He wont be able to own a shotgun unless he owns a house first.

good luck convincing a shitty landlord that you want to bolt a gun safe in his bedroom wall, no bolted gun safe? police take away your funs

such is life in the UK
>>
>>31969062
Let me rephrase, if it's not a pellet gun, it goes to /asp/. Your gun is bb only, thanks for visiting.

Don't forget to delete this thread!
>>
>>31969140
Point me towards the rule where it says this and I gladly will - I legitimately want a discussion on this topic.

If my OP gun being BB only is the issue, would it be acceptable for me to recreate this thread with my air rifle (fires pellets) and start it over again?

Cheers Anon.
>>
>>31968676
You're a faggot mate it's not hard to get SGC at all. FAC isn't hard either just requires a bit more money and time. If you are that into shooting that you're spending your Friday night posting on /k/ get off your arse and get your SGC sent off.

No one cares about your 12 lb/ft air rifle you absolute bellend, stop making the rest of us look bad
>>
>>31969171
Does the OP gun shoot metal or plastic BBs? I'd say that's where the distinction lies.
>>
File: 1468555064406.jpg (25KB, 458x418px) Image search: [Google]
1468555064406.jpg
25KB, 458x418px
>>31968741
>/k/ - Weapons

They're fun toys to shoot your friends with, something you can't do with real guns, but they are just that. Toys. This board is for weapons, items made to kill.
>>
Depends

Airsoft is generally gay
BB guns are kinda too /toy/ for /k/, I have a co2 bb gun in my office to shoot at soda cans to distress myself
Cheap chinese pellet rifles are good for backyard plinking and teaching kids how to shoot.
More serious air rifles (PCPs, high end springers, gas rams) sometimes get discussed on /k/, most people who own them seem to be British, accuracy freaks or just like sneaky small game hunting.

I actually like bb gun replicas, but they're kinda expensive for what they are. I've got a KWC Luger and I'd totally buy a Borchardt if they made one.
>>
>>31968741
Dude you can't hunt rabbits with a fucking bb gun, jesus don't be such a nigger, that's animal cruelty. Get some good 12 ft-lbs rifle with a glass if you want to hunt, otherwise you're just hurting them.
>>
>>31968741
>bb for hunting rabbits
what are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>31969328
Metal.
>>31969293
Calm down mate, no need to call me a faggot or a bellend.

It's impossible for me to get a shotgun cert under my circumstances as >>31969101 has said. My landlord isn't going to let me get a gun safe bolted to my fucking floor. I don't really want a shotgun to start with as stated here though >>31969062
>>31969429
Fair enough point - I can see the argument with this when it comes to airsoft and most shitty BB guns.

I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of my C96 or either of my rifles though, they're pretty powerful as far as air guns go. Wouldn't the distinction change if they were suitable for hunting?
>>31969447
>Airsoft is generally gay
100% agree with this.
>BB guns are kinda too /toy/ for /k/, I have a co2 bb gun in my office to shoot at soda cans to distress myself
I can also agree with this for the most part - the cheaper Chinese BB guns that shoot plastic pellets are fun for shooting cans and shit. Metal-BB firing ones that use CO2 are a bit too kicky to use in an office environment though in my opinion. Could be wrong, but hey.
>Cheap chinese pellet rifles are good for backyard plinking and teaching kids how to shoot.
Also agree with this.
>More serious air rifles (PCPs, high end springers, gas rams) sometimes get discussed on /k/, most people who own them seem to be British, accuracy freaks or just like sneaky small game hunting.
>accuracy freaks or just like sneaky small game hunting.
That fits my bill. My reasoning for buying the KWC C96 in the OP is because I wanted something that was more challenging to aim than my air rifle for fun shooting.
>>31969468
>>31969511
Haven't had any issues, kills them stone dead. Besides, I've only used it a handful of times for that purpose. My rifle is more effective for that sort of thing.
>>
File: stephme.jpg (173KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
stephme.jpg
173KB, 600x450px
>>31969429
You're underinformed.

Pic related is a .575 caliber air rifle.
>>
File: 47-009815_3.jpg (38KB, 740x413px) Image search: [Google]
47-009815_3.jpg
38KB, 740x413px
what does /k/ think of deacs?
I'm a britbong and I have a fuck tonne of deactivated weapons
>>
>>31969624
I was thinking of buying a deac a while ago but I failed to see the point in the end. I like them, but I wouldn't spend the money on one as you're basically buying a crippled gun that has been raped into being unusable. I've seen a couple of deactivated Lugers and C96's that bring absolutely fucking /insane/ prices, they make me feel ill whenever I look at them. Obsolete calibres are kinda' neat though.

Show some pictures of what you've got Anon. Curious.
>>31969591
Also, that is fucking impressive.
>>
>>31969697
I have a few martini henry rifles that haven't been raped, they are classed as an obsolete calibre so they aren't fucked with.
>>
>>31969753
Would love to see pictures of these. I've been thinking about buying a pinfire revolver but I've been a bit hard up lately. Really cool looking little guns.
>>
>>31968676
they are good for 5 years old and thereabout to learn how to get acquainted with the idea of aiming as well as teaching younguns' "gun" safety at an early age.

I have also on occasion been known to play horse for drinks with a BB gun for fun.
>>
>>31969555
What air rifles do you have?
>>
File: 1478721033411.gif (1MB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478721033411.gif
1MB, 700x600px
>>31970177
Shitty old air rifle which I use for can shooting and nostalgia (gun I learned to shoot with, so it holds sentimental value), and I'm looking to sell my Kral Puncher Bullpup (177) as I feel like getting something different now I don't go out as much. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I don't shoot anything much bigger than rabbits.

I've mainly been letting my buddy use it for shooting rats on his property lately as he tends to take good care of my stuff and gets enjoyment out of shooting rodents for some reason. Each to their own I guess.

Grandfather quite likes it so I might do him a trade for his gun depending on what he's using at the minute. We'll see.
>>
>>31969697
> buying deacts after the EU deactivation revamp
don't do it

>>31969624
> britbong
> deacts
your deacts are pure paperweights
you can do absolutly nothing with them

> new deactivation laws
fuck this
I should have bought a PPS43 when I could for 100 bucks
>>
>>31968912
>Air guns go on /k/, electric bb guns go to /asp/.
So airshit is okay here as long as the guns run on compressed air?

>>31969624
Honestly, I think they're fucking stupid most of the time unless it's a particularly mechanically interesting model and you live in a country that doesn't require the gun to be incapable of being disassembled or put in any other condition where you can't observe the internals. I'd seriously put the gas operated airshit guns over most deactivated guns.
>>
>>31970696
Airguns are ok because they're actual guns; that kill things.
While airsoft guns, which mimic the look and function of the real thing, aren't.
>>
File: 1478220362745.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1478220362745.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>31970696
As the previous Anon said, theres a difference between airsoft guns and airguns.

>Airsoft guns are purely for entertainment/manchild purposes. They fall under the same category as paintball guns and fucking NERF guns. Most are electric powered and all fire plastic BB's. These belong on either /toy/ or /asp/

>Airguns are for entertainment, sport, and hunting. They probably wont kill anyone, but you wouldn't want to play army men and stand on the wrong end of one. All of them are 100% air powered and fire steel BB's, pellets, or both. These belong on /k/.

"Airshit" should only apply to airsoft.

In short: Airguns kill stuff, which in turn, makes them /k/ related. Airsoft guns on the other hand don't kill stuff, which makes them not /k/ related.
>>
File: IMG_2283.jpg (593KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2283.jpg
593KB, 1500x1000px
>>31969772
Not that anon but here is my Martini mk. III - I did a what's in the box with it a few months ago
>>
File: IMG_2275.jpg (394KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2275.jpg
394KB, 1500x1000px
>>31969772
>>31971163
I got it for an absolute steal as well, £500 when Mk. IIIs normally go for £1000+
>>
File: IMG_2278.jpg (541KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2278.jpg
541KB, 1500x1000px
>>31969772
>>31971163
>>31971177
Last picture so I don't spam the thread, I have a bayonet too... Got it before I got the rifle actually
>>
>>31971121
>Airguns are for entertainment, sport,
But more realistic airsoft guns are used for these purposes in countries where guns are harder to obtain. Does anyone have a link to that video of the Japanese steel challenge competition where they use airsoft guns because real handguns are illegal?
>>
File: beam_rifle.jpg (69KB, 700x435px) Image search: [Google]
beam_rifle.jpg
69KB, 700x435px
>>31971227
Exactly, they're toys not weapons.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.