[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a cheap gun that puts holes in bad people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: SCCY_3.jpg (75KB, 1100x891px) Image search: [Google]
SCCY_3.jpg
75KB, 1100x891px
I'm looking for a cheap gun that puts holes in bad people and my local store is selling these for 286 dollars. But I've never heard of this company. What does /k/ know about them?
>>
nothing for 286 will be bad ass but it will do the job, and just go fucking watch a review or two or three and make a decision from there.
>>
Decent. They lose in every way to higher end subcompacts but they go bang. Distant relative has one... first shot was a squib round, bullet didn't leave the barrel. Second shot ruptured the barrel. SCCY took the return and replaced the gun for free to see what went wrong. So good customer service.
>>
Sccy is pronouced Sky. Better than a hipoint since its smaller. Double action only so you'll have to learn that kind of trigger. Its made in the U.S. I think.

If you wait till Black Friday sales it might be cheaper. Also check out the Taurus Pt111 G2 and the Taurus Slim 9mm. Those two are about the same price as the sccy at my stores
>>
Fine for the price. You can often find them cheaper than $280.
I was about to buy one until I literally pulled the trigger in the store. I wasn't a fan of how the gun felt in my hands overall, so I passed.
>>
bulgarian makarov
>>
>>31966058
Its a keltec knockoff made by former keltec employees. It comes in a remarkable variety of color combinations, with or without safeties. Noted for having a garbage trigger.
>>
>>31966058
Look on gunbroker and you can find it for less. Reviews are decent, they're American made and already have a rep for great service and no questions warranty. Kind of like the harbor freight of guns.
>>
>>31966058
they're worse than a Taurus. What you actually want for $280 is a Bersa Thunder Pro.
>>
>>31966540
Isn't the P250 300 bucks now? Buy a poorfag sig.
>>
>>31967080
They're closer to $400 and have a bad reputation with Sig owners. You can reliably get a Bersa for under $300 and it's a pretty good pistol with a small profile.
If OP isn't limited to .380 there are a handful of choices but most of the really cheap deals are subcompacts. $250 9mm's are usually really used or are from a company that cuts too many corners.
>>
>>31967251
>If OP isn't limited to .380 there are a handful of choices but most of the really cheap deals are subcompacts. $250 9mm's are usually really used or are from a company that cuts too many corners.

Suggestions? Looking for a ccw under 400 dollars. My LGS has a MP shield 9mm for 369 right now and I'm about to jump on that but if I can save more without compromising my safety then it's all the better.
>>
>>31967492

Go with the Shield.

Here's my 0.02 cents on inexpensive handguns:

There are some good ones, there are some bad ones. When eyeballing a cheaper gun, thoroughly research and examine the weapon and ask "what could go wrong with this"

There are a lot of cheaper handguns that don't have anything of significance to go wrong in concept:

>S&W SD9VE
>Zastava M88
>Sar B6P
>PT92
>Taurus 809
>PT111
>Mak
>Tok
>Bersa
>Kahr
>Armscor
>various .22lr sundries

Companies like SCCY, Kel-Tec, Hi-Point, Chiappa, etc are often hit or miss and/or both, you just have to examine the specific model, the history, lists of improvements on different generations, etc.
>>
>>31966540
>worse than taurus
Lol no
Watch iragiveteran's review
>>
File: 1476676147434.jpg (625KB, 1366x1541px) Image search: [Google]
1476676147434.jpg
625KB, 1366x1541px
>>31966058

I saw the IV8888 video on these and it seems to stand up to quite a bit of abuse. Like Hi-Point they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty that stays with the gun. I saw a used one in a Fudd LGS for $160 and couldn't pass it up. DAO, the trigger is like pulling frozen taffy. After a few trips to the range I noticed that the trigger begin to struggle to reset after firing, eventually it wouldn't reset at all. I sent it in for warranty repair and got it back in good working condition no problem after about a week. I like it at $160, but I wouldn't ever go over $200 for this gun.

PROS
>cheap
>10+1
>9mm
>easy to conceal, even fits in big pockets
>lifetime no questions asked warranty
>decent factory sights

CONS
>mine broke after firing about 100 rounds
>trigger is more awkward and heavy than your ex
>cannot disassemble with just your hands
>manufacturer says +P should be used very rarely if ever
>annoying recoil, the spring in the grip to reduce recoil is a meme
>stupid name that reminds one of shitty vodka
>>
File: 45 smith.jpg (480KB, 1920x1123px) Image search: [Google]
45 smith.jpg
480KB, 1920x1123px
>>31966058
ive actually heard mostly good things. It may be a little rough around the edges and not have the top notch quality of others, but its meant to be a cheap "I need a gun now" pistol
IMO, save another 150-200 and get a known quality pistol. Ive seen glocks and other police trade ins for that much. Unless you need a gun tomorrow, save up a little more and get something better
>>
>>31966140
You are right about the PT111 G2. The double action pull requires different trigger control skills. Pick up the Taurus and you are good to go without having to perfect another skill. If you have less than $300 for a gun, you probably don't have an extra $40-50 to spend on range ammo practicing with the SCCY
>>
File: image.jpg (294KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294KB, 800x635px
>>31966058
9mm M&P shields can be had for $330.

infinitely better quality with large aftermarket support
>>
>>31967619
sauce on movie?
>>
>>31968099
>>
>>31966058
Garbage. Mine broke on the 3rd shot. The trigger snapped off. I called to ship it to the manufacturer and they said it was within the refund timeframe and they'd take it back. Sent it in, then a couple weeks later it's on my goddamn doorstep. Called them and talked to some retarded Floridian that told me "you said to fix it and send it back, that's what we did." Sold it immediately.

It didn't feel well in the hand either. The safety cutout dug into my knuckle. One of the mags didn't fit also, and one barely fit. They didn't machine them to proper specs
>>
File: M200.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
M200.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>31966058
I have one. I put the pinky extension on the mag floorplate before I took it out. I ran 100 rounds through it and it jammed every other shot. I was pissed. On a hunch I swapped the mag floorplates out for the one without the extension and it worked perfectly. I've ran 400 more rounds through it and It has performed as it should since. I think putting pressure on the extension with my pinky bound the magazine up against the slide. I use it for occasional CCW and full time truck gun. The trigger pull isn't horrible, it's the reset that sucks. The trigger is better than the keltec p11 at least. I was most impressed with the machining of the slide. It is impeccable. The polymer feels chintzy to me but honestlly I havent felt a polymer pistol that doesn't. I like it and would buy it again. It is a cheap, high capacity for its size, and reliable outside the mag base issue. Oh and read they are now making them with slide rails that extend all the way to the end of the frame. Pictured is another functional poorfag gun I picked up to teach my sister on and ended up just giving to her to use as a HD gun.
>>
>>31968848
>he doesn't recognize red dawn

Mate...
>>
File: noexcuses2update3.jpg (2MB, 4032x5008px) Image search: [Google]
noexcuses2update3.jpg
2MB, 4032x5008px
i Dont know of this ever got finished but heres what i saved
>>
>>31966540
>Bersa Thunder
I can assure you this is a bad idea. Bersa is shit
>>
>>31966058
I've heard that these are pretty reliable for the price.
>>
>>31966058
Florida made.
Good warranty.
Good customer service.
That's good because you'll need it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.