[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fellow /k/ Britfags; whats your excuse for not having a poppy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: 20161111_092807.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_092807.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Fellow /k/ Britfags; whats your excuse for not having a poppy. Support our veterans and service men.

Post pics of British and ANZAC troops in respect.

#LestWeForget
>>
>>31965301
Canadian's wear poppies too
>>
File: 12341324124.jpg (95KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
12341324124.jpg
95KB, 620x349px
>>31965310
Granted, ours look a lot different
>>
>>31965301

Been selling the things since the end of October and will be parading on Sunday.

You don't understand the shit we get, selling poppies in uniform. So much hate around at the moment. I mean generally it's all positive, but it just takes one loon to ruin a day.
>>
>>31965353
yours looks like a prolapsed anus
>>
Ah fug, I was going to get one today since they were selling them over by the war memorial but my gym buddy cancelled and I didn't end up going out. Feels bad man.

Also, thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Pz5KsyfN0

LEST WE FORGET
>>
>>31965301
https://twitter.com/crimesofbrits/status/792067209786978305?lang=en
>WEAR A POPPY FOR THESE HEROES
Irish banter is getting personal.
>>
File: lwf.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lwf.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>31965383
Good on you for doing it anyway
Its important that the ordinary people remember that once both ordinary and extraordinary people alike laid down their lives, so some scrub now can have their 'worst day ever' complaining about irrelevant shit like bad phone reception, price of potatoes, someone giving them shit on the internet and being stuck in traffic.

Sometimes I worry the only thing people would get in line and lay down for now is a new iphone.
>>
>>31965383
Keep pushing through it mate. The majority of the British public look at you with pride and honour; the party is the righteous is never easy.

#LestWeForget
>>
>>31965501
Path of the righteous*
God damn auto correct
>>
respect to all British and Commonwealth soldiers past and present

lest we forget
>>
>>31965463
fuckin spudfaced scum
>>
>>31965301
I dont know where to get one and am not going out today anyway
>>
>>31965463
>used children as human shields
>by squatting down next to them and having a chat

Fucking potato niggers can't do anything right
>>
File: 1468314248010.jpg (79KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
1468314248010.jpg
79KB, 720x609px
>>
>>31965598
Most shops will have honesty boxes and a box of poppy's nearby near the counter

Also a lot of vets walking around with boxes on them if your in a major town. Certainly are here in the north of England!
>>
>>31965383

Really? I was selling poppies a couple of days ago in uniform all day and I never got any shit for it.
>>
Friendly reminder that if people are selling poppies they have to have identification from the RBL with them. Plenty of scammers pocketing the money themselves this time of year.
>>
>>31965301
made in china
most of the vets are dead
Turks showed up and lay a reef
the sunk cost fallacy applied to patriotism
.ie that was a pointless cluster fuck . better not forget to do it again

I just go to the rsa instead for food and the winter small bore club
and at least I can mingle with the vets without any added pretence
>>
Been looking for one since the first but no-one is collecting in my town.
>>
>>31965301
I donate but I don't actually wear the poppy outside of the 11th and the closest Sunday. Everything else is excessive and a lot of people nowadays are doing it for appearances instead of the right reasons.
>>31965383
I sold them back during my time in cadets and always got sent to the poorest part of the city. Only had trouble twice in 6 years. Once with what I can assume was an IRA sympathiser and once with a pedo who claimed he could get us promoted if we did 'things' with him (he was stroking his chest hair the entire time). All in all could have been worse.
>>
>>31965758
And needless to say we did not go with the pedo, he fucked off when he realised he wasn't getting anywhere.
>>
I was out shopping today and it was a bit of a clusterfuck, really. everyone stopped for the last post, but no one was really sure if that counted as the minutes silence, so there was all this awkward hesitant murmuring going on.

all the while some half-islander is pissing and moaning at his missus about not telling him to shut up.
>>
>>31965301
I studied the period and I regularly read around the subject, so I think about the first world war most weeks.
Seems a little cynical for everyone to have a designated day to care and frankly it's not as if anything stopped on the 11th.
Spanish flu, British troops in Russia etc etc
>>
>>31965788
Kill yourself.

I genuinely mean it.
>>
>>31965788
its simulacrum of regret for things no one can remember
also the one day a year thing has gotten worse
now its just the first few hours of one day a year

>when there are only three public holidays a year and shekel miser can't stand loosing even an hour of trading
>>
>>31965463
>Ah, yes. A Brit has decided to squat down next to a child. I will now plant a nail bomb next to a nursery to really get my point across. Stop standing next to our children, tyrant, or there'll be more bodies at your feet!

Spud wog logic. Fuck 'em. Disgusting terrorists from before Clapistanis knew what the word even meant.
>>
>>31965848
>simulacrum

Why do you pretend everyone is as ignorant and cynical as you?
>>
>>31965937
cynicism comes with awareness
tradition has lost its purpose
remembrance is just routine with no reason at this point
>>
>>31965966
*tips*
>>
>>31965966
>remembrance is just routine with no reason at this point

Again, why are you lying? You would have to be mentally sub normal to assume that all the people who actually care are just pretending.
>>
File: 6392746-1x1-940x940.jpg (83KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
6392746-1x1-940x940.jpg
83KB, 940x940px
>>31965979
>dips
the further away from an event we get the more is forgotten
it just leaves room to fictionalise that event for what ever purpose you have in mind

better yet the only people who remember the event are dead or the media they contributed to has fallen out of normal circulation
the public has no interest in ignoring historical revisionism
>>
>>31966000
>all the people who actually care are just pretending.

veterans and their family die off
even Vietnam and Korean war veterans are thin on the ground now
but at lest the current army shows up still

its just headed more towards obligation without context
>>
>>31966055
well, you're not obligated to actually do anything. you just seem like a bit of a knob trying to convince everyone that having a day of remembrance should be forgotten.
>>
>>31966095
most of the people who show up now are not either
and keeping up appearances might imply people care why they are there

>hey guys we got our asses kicked and it untimely changed nothing
>but they still did it any way and so should we
>>
>>31966151
Wwll, you're best course of action would probably be to write a letter to your local MP explaining how you feel and why all memorial services should be suspended.
>>
>>31966209
>I'm an Islamic Syrian transexual feminist and Remembrance Day offends me because it doesn't emphasise the contributions of my people
All events cancelled, poppies declared a hate symbol.
>>
>Reading some stupid puff piece on the BBC about FIFA not specifically allowing players to wear poppies.
>Dumb Britishers remarking on the decision and say that it's right to wear it anyways because of the men that died for their freedom of speech.
>Thinking the poppy has anything to do with freedom of speech.
>Implying the British have fought anything but wars of imperialism in the last 200 years.
>>
>>31966315
>Implying the British have fought anything but wars of imperialism in the last 200 years.
Korea and WW2 are pretty hard to define as imperial, particularly Korea.
>>
>>31966315
Falklands, WW1, WW2, Korea, Gulf Wars, various UN peacekeeping missions, a whole load of counter terrorist shit.....
>>
>>31966209
its still pretty good
just the rhetoric changed as larger crowds of people showed up
and part of the armed forces are on a bit of a pr binge

I talk to people who show up
some reasons are more vague than others

I'm with the sea scouts
ayee son check this out
my family or friends went
currently in the military
recently dead family in military
birds of a feather flock together
here for the feels and the spectacle
fair weather patriot woooooo (waves tiny flag)
sacrifice of comfort is what makes a man and we owe a debt
shows up alone to contemplate duty and dwell amidst the hive
low altitude flypast cleared for three spitfires and two Hurricanes
grandfather was in the war just want to pay respect to his memory and time
surely sacrificing our most able body's and minds to a meat grinder must underpin our current property
got to catch up with what's left of my squad and pay homage to the ones who could not make it and reminisce of the good and the bad times

>>31966209
how you feel about reconciliation ?
like your sworn enemy showing up to what amounts a funeral pire
"my condolences"
"sorry bout that bruv but it was like 100 years ago"
"we was just rolling with the times"

>>31966268
>poppies declared a hate symbol.
>soon..
not that I have anything to do with it
#become a stranger in your own land
>>
>>31966361
>Falklands
>Not a war of imperialism
>Korea
>Peace keeping
>Not imperialism
>Gulf War
>Not imperialism
>WWI
>Not a war of imperialism/power grab
WWII is the only one you can argue isn't a power grab/imperialism.
>>
>>31966389
>Falklands
On what basis do you make the claim it was an imperialist war?
>>
>>31965806
Nice one prick, I think about it regularly, sorry if it doesn't bother me to sit for a mere 2 minutes along with everyone else due to societal pressure.

Face it, you're being quiet because everyone else, you're not actually thinking about it, you can't sum up the end of WWI up in minute.
>>
>>31966413
He's an argie, ignore him.
>>
>>31966413
>Maintaining hold of some small island halfway around the world that Argentina really has a legitimate claim to.
What right does a woman in the UK have to an island in S. America? You tell me.
>>
>>31966448
>Maintaining hold of some small island halfway around the world that Argentina really has a legitimate claim to.
How does it feel knowing Argentina will never be white?
>>
>>31966454
Indifferent as I'm not an Argentinian nor do I have any stake in the matter of Las Malvinas/Falkland Islands.

I'm not even going to say it's wrong to defend your territory, but if you can't see how the Falklands War really is a matter of imperialism is pretty ignorant of you.
>>
>>31966448
The British owned that island before Argentina even existed, the only ones acting imperialistically in that war was Argentina when they tried to steal the territory of another nation.

So why should they have an island with a British population that has been British for centuries just because its a few hundred miles away from them?
>>
>>31966448
What right did the shitskins have to invade soil that they had never once owned?
shitskins invaded other peoples land and hoped they wouldn't suffer retaliation
They were wrong clearly
>>
Quick question if anyone can answer-

I'm home from training and am going with my Dad to a memorial service in London tomorrow, he's ex military and will be wearing his beret. Can I wear my beret to the event (My Navy one that I wear normally since I am still in training)
>>
>>31966315

Then stop being such a hypocrite, enjoying the standard of living those wars helped create and fuck off somewhere else where you can live guilt free.
>>
>>31966884

I wouldn't bother, its more of a ex-military thing to do. If you're still serving then you will get the piss ripped out of you and questioned for being in mixed dress.
>>
>>31965383

I had a girl call me a murder in a club once shortly after I got back from Afgan. I just laughed in here face and told she's welcome to her opinion. The kind of people who go around giving shit to soldiers are the most mentally deficient people there are, but think they are incredibly clever.
>>
>>31967302
The plan was to wear a black suit, regimental tie and the beret. Why would I get the piss ripped out of me? It's not like I'd be pretending to be fully trained or wearing any medals.
>>
As an Irishman I'd honestly have no problem wearing a poppy, especially to honour the memory of all those Irishmen who volunteered during WW1 and WW2. However, like everything else on this island retards in the North have once again turned a symbol of remembrance into a club to bather those who don't agree with what they say. It's always "themmuns" to your average loyalist. God help their tiny brains if they see you with a poppy and an easter lilly on at the same time.
>>
>>31966448
>Argentina really has a legitimate claim to.

Fucking moron. The Brits landed and named the Islands a century before Argentina was even a fucking state.

You are genuinely a fucking retard.
>>
>>31967288
Dont count on those cunts living up to their principles remember the old saying they hate the British crown but love the British half crown.
>>
Saw this gem pop up a few days back.
>http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/poppy-symbol-of-racism-never-worn-one-never-will-robert-fisk-remembrance-day-first-world-war-second-a7394976.html
>http://pastebin.com/J9CTHdSs
>>
File: 1477468087806.png (194KB, 423x474px) Image search: [Google]
1477468087806.png
194KB, 423x474px
>>31967677
Holy fuck I'm mad
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.