[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain to me why india paid 8.8 billion for 36 aircraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: CgbAdNTUAAEQDqm.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CgbAdNTUAAEQDqm.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
can someone explain to me why india paid 8.8 billion for 36 aircraft (or ~250 million) for a Rafale? That is like 2x the cost of a F-35 and approaching f-22 levels for an outdated design.
>>
Because like everything else from France you pay extra for it to be aged and smell like shit
>>
logistic support and TT costs extra.

Also a bit of >>31964421 for good measure.
>>
>>31964406
they want a plane that will work?
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 259x194px
>>31964406
Because it's better than the shit Fail-35 that doesn't work.
And its electronics are superior to the F-22
>>31964421
Success breeds jealousy.

>>31964478
They want a perfect plane
>>
>>31964406
The jets themselves are only 3.42 billion euros (some sources say that number includes the inflation risk), the rest goes to funding India specific upgrades to the platform (1.7bEUR), fuck ton of new missiles, setting up logistics in two different bases to be able to handle up to 2x90 Rafales, etc. It's a package deal that is laying the groundwork for future MII Rafales, you can't just divide the total sum with 36 and expect to get a comparable number to just the plane number of another jet.
>>
>>31964697
This.
>>
>>31964697
You make much too much sense to post here, stop it.
>>
>>31964697
This

>>31965370
Also this.

And on top of that, 250 million dollars/unit is what japan payed for its F-35s
>>
>>31964697
what upgrades are they looking for? i know israeli hmd is one, but what else?
>>
>>31964541
>Implying only being able to sell to India, Qatar, and Egypt is success
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.