[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Trump is in office and Republicans control the house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

File: INS_M249.png (30KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
INS_M249.png
30KB, 512x256px
Now that Trump is in office and Republicans control the house and senate, is there any chance of the automatic weapons ban being reversed?
>>
>>31958933
Bump
>>
>>31958933
Doubt it. Republicans are pro 2nd amendment, but not that pro 2nd
>>
>>31959241
>the NRA is pro 2nd amendment, but not that pro 2nd
Ftfy
But seriously, the GOA would push that shit in a hot second
>>
>>31958933
We need to make a huge, I mean HUGE push for it. We need to start campaigns organize and labby for this.
>>
File: trumpjr.jpg (87KB, 750x509px) Image search: [Google]
trumpjr.jpg
87KB, 750x509px
https://youtu.be/0vlu2G5UkXk
32:35 relevant
36:00 they talk about hearing protection act
>>
>>31958933
Doing it without restriction isn't possible. I want at minimum 3 round burst.

Full auto could be passed, but make the guns prohibitively expensive, say $500 tax stamp or something.

I want full auto, but I don't want a school shot up with full auto and it get taken away and worse.
>>
>>31961091
Nobody is going to do that, for the price of a LMG and ammo you could make a fertilizer bomb that would kill far more people.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (10KB, 220x171px) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
10KB, 220x171px
Anon, I think everyone on /k/ believes that you have the right to a gun for hunting, defense, or so forth. But a machine gun is not a sporting rifle or needed for the defense of your property.
>>
I don't want to be THAT GUY but why should we focus on getting fun switches?

I'm not saying we shouldn't be allowed to have it, I'm just saying there's so much we should focus on first. Let's campaign to reduce NFA controlled items, enhance legal protections for self defense, concealed carry, and ending state AWBs.

Jumping straight to "GIBS ME FULL AUTO" is going to turn off a lot of people
>>
Nope. Not a snowflakes chance in hell it will ever happen.
>>
>>31961091
Okay but if someone shot a place up with full auto they'd fucking miss everything and run out of ammo if they weren't just immediately dropped by a teacher.
>>
>>31961157
This.

Uncuck silencers and CC reciprocity YESTERDAY!
>>
>>31958933
its not gonna happen dubsOP.
we will get silencers and nation wide CC reciprocity, theres a good chance of getting SBRs, and about a 40% chance of import bans/sanctions being lifted, and at the very very optimistic most the machinegun registry gets expanded. I have no idea whats gonna happen to cucked states though
>>
>>31961091
My reason is that you need to do something that would let it pass.
>>
>>31959645
2nded. We should definitely labia for this.
>>
>>31961152
fuck off you senile jellybean loving retard
>>
>>31961175
Here's where the problem lies. Full auto is intended to produce a come of fire, in that sense, you are correct in that it is not intended to be accurate. Where you are wrong is that there are accurate full auto weapons. The MP5, M249 and M240 are all fully automatic but are also relatively accurate when the rate of fire is controlled. The P90 is accurate when firing fully automatic and given it's popularity in vidya games, it would be a matter of time before some autistic sperglord would fuck up the fun for us.

That said, I really want some full fucking auto. The fact that a M1917 like my grandpa used in WW2 could be a realistic goal in the next few years is downright exciting. I feel like I'm living in a dream right now.
>>
>>31961387
Goddamn it. Sorry guys, I fat fingered the word "cone"
>>
>>31958933
I'd prefer we start with CC reciprocity before jumping straight into legalizing civilian purchases of automatic weapons. Babysteps mang.
>>
>>31961476
Fucking cucks like you should have voted hillary.

TRUMP IS NOT GONNA BE BOUGHT BY FUCKING LOBBYIST! the fucker is already rich!

He can not give a shit and do it for "free trade" and force American companies to actually UP their fucking innovation.

thyan again maybe you live in some non free state like LEFT coast WA, OR, or some other shit hole that allows themselves to be cucked.
>>
>>31958933
Look for mass shootings to become a daily event.
>>
>>31961387
Contrary to what people believe, gun restriction does work. With automatic weapons banned in the early 20th century many gun related deaths and crimes were stopped and eliminated.
I'm all for guns, but I think the current means for automatic weapons are plenty reasonable.
>>
>>31962329
Please come back after your 18th birthday.
>>
>>31958933
Can't see that happening. Unless you want mass shootings.
>>
We need this shit in steps. National reciprocity for cc is first. Bring crime down, then start in on the fun shit.
>>
>>31958933
Doubt it, much more likely NFA or parts of are repealed.
>>
>>31961205
Silencers are getting uncucked bruh.
>>
File: GOV.-GARY-JOHNSON.jpg (36KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
GOV.-GARY-JOHNSON.jpg
36KB, 534x712px
>"I think [the Second Amendment] was designed to protect us against a government that could be very intrusive." Johnson said. "And in this country, we have a growing police state - if people can own assault rifles or automatic rifles, I think leads to a more civil government."

Why you didn't vote for him /k/? He's was the only one to actually defend ownership of automatic weapons.
>>
>>31962519
>"Aleppo moment" Johnson
>"if we wait long enough that people forget what the word Hooverville means, neoclassical economics will totally work" Johnson
>"I ran as a Libertarian but my VP supports an assault weapons ban" Johnson

nah
>>
>>31961152

>need
>>
>>31962519
>pro gun
>ran with Bill "AR 15s are WMDs" Weld
>>
>>31961091
They could keep the GCA and NFA but drop the tax stamp as violating constitutional rights.

I'm fine with a "super duper sekret double ATF background check" that will reveal the very same "not a felon" result of a normal NICS check as long as it's free and is done in a reasonable amount of time.

Make using a machinegun in the commission of a crime a felony on par with robbing a bank - 20 years in pound me in the ass federal prison

Problem solved and I get my beretta 93r
>>
>>31961116
The AR-15 in .223 is a terrible fucking choice for an active shooter event against unarmored civilians at ranges under 50m, and yet, they keep using it.

Most active shooters have remarkably shit aim, so full-auto would probably be a boon to them, seeing as the volume of fire would counteract the usual drawback of inaccurate shots when not in semi.
>>
>>31962881
>Shit aim
>volume of fire would counteract
Have you ever fired a full auto?
>>
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Second_Amendment_Rights.pdf
>>
>>31958933
>Do not post threads about gun control. They belong on /pol/.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>31963052
This is not a thread about debating gun control, this is a practical thread about what trump being president will mean for gun owners.
>>
>>31961387
>it would be a matter of time before some autistic sperglord would fuck up the fun for us.
Actually, from the past five or so years, major shootings with an AR are all normally budget crap that's under $1000 USD (like that Colt AR that was used somewhere after they were flying out of Walmarts or Dicks or something because their shareholders' balls drew up from PR fears).
So depending on where FA weapons end up in pricing, they could be perfectly safe by nature of how bourgoise they are.

Ultimately, crime is often a lower/middle-class issue. The rich ultimately are rarely affected due to the fact that they can pay to have shit unfucked (or buried) before it gets horrendous.
>>
File: 1212334345555366.jpg (108KB, 467x463px) Image search: [Google]
1212334345555366.jpg
108KB, 467x463px
>>31961152

Reagan was a traitor to the Republic.
>>
>>31962881

Full auto is a stupid choice for mass murder, too.
>>
>>31963104

America was founded by slave owning traitors that grew hemp.

>yfw America was never good
>>
>>31963123
That hemp was legit for rope though. They were at that interesting phase of scientific knowledge where they know that that plants have medicinal/recreational uses, yet are cautious enough to not go trying to smoke a bowl of every green thing in the forest.
>>
I would be perfectly content if they just opened the MG registry again.
Keep making me pay cuckstamps, I don't care. Just gimme the literal catch-all NFA category back.
>>
>>31962483
sweet words but I'll wait till it actually happens instead of harboring false optimism.
>>
I want;

>national conceal carry reciprocity
>suppressors taken off as an NFA item
>SBRs taken off as an NFA item

There are a lot of guns that I want like an MP5 that I'd be perfectly happy to have as semi auto.
>>
>>31961116
People who shoot up schools tend to be stupid anon. I find the arguments that they will be smart enough to use a more effencient options to be weak. A loud scary looking full auto feels like it would appeal to such a dumbass who doesn't understand accuracy.
>>
>>31961152
I have the god given right to provide cover for my neibhor and want the right tool for the job.
>>
>>31963239
Let's push suppressors please.
>>
>>31963361
Man would I like to be able to use a suppressor...

Too bad they're banned in my state
>>
>>31958933
Doubt it. Don't forget, a Republican was the one that enacted the ban.
>>
>>31963239
>this

These are realistic goals.
>>
>>31963239
>like an MP5 that I'd be perfectly happy to have as semi auto.
As someone who owns a semi MP5, fuck you I want the autosear for mine
>>
National CCW.
Suppressors off the NFA list.
Stuff from Russia-I want a Stechkin in semi.
Reopen NFA Registry- make it so someone doesn't go to jail for finding an H & R Handi-gun in their granddad's attic.
>>
File: fun things are fun.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fun things are fun.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>31961152
there is literally nothing wrong with wanting .22lr or 9mm full auto firearms
>>
>>31962519
>Gary Johnson
>only fully 2A candidate
I think you meant to type Darrell Castle.
>>
I'm going to buy myself an RPK-74 and just eat the tax stamp fuck em dude
>>
File: 1412068921406.jpg (659KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1412068921406.jpg
659KB, 1920x1080px
>>31958933
I want a full auto m60, I don't give a shit if its a dirty pig, I want one.
>>
>>31961205
Agreed.
Remove suppressors from NFA
Remove SBR from NFA
National CC reciprocity
>>
>>31965374
Remove import restrictions on guns, parts, ammo
Remove 922r compliance
>>
>>31961157
Gibe jiggle switch pl0x
>>
>>31961157
I know, I just want to live in a world where Civillians buy the exact same weapons the military does.

I don't want "Well this is technically an AR-15 Platform Ruger 556..." I want "Yeah, this is an M4."
>>
>>31961233
Cuck states will just ban whatever trump unbans, but the rest of us get to have our fun. Glory to the Trumpenreich!
>>
>>31962519
>why didn't you vote for Johnson?
I did.
>>
>>31965414
California can go fuck itself.

As an Arizonan, the only thing I give a fuck about is making sure California suffers.
>>
>>31963052
Thats more intended to stop trolls from making anti gun threads here are spamming shit about their local elections "hurr guiz, bumblefuck township is electing a drain commissioner who has anti gun stuff on her jewbook... plz raid for me!!!11!1!"
>>
>>31964325
American 180
>>
>>31965632
> American 180
> constructed by Austrian students and stolen by the Americans

great story behind that firearm
>>
File: latest.png (7KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
7KB, 426x426px
>>31963439
i know them feels
>>
>>31965694
Not to mention it was meant to be police weapon if I remember correctly, with the idea that even .22LR could chew through body armor given enough time but that's just it, time.
Would be more efficient to just use .223 even from carbine lenght gun or something.
>>
>>31961152

>need

if the military has it, we deserve it
>>
>>31962519

>not voting libertarian
>>
>>31965754
this
>>
>>31961152
Wow...just....wow
>>
>>31961116

Yeah, because so many people make fucking fertilizer bombs these days.
>>
I do think full autos should be non regulated, but we need to take baby steps, but not small baby steps, we need to be one fast buff as shit baby and push hard, hard enough to where the nfa and import bans are gone, then one final assault on full autos

But like i said we need to push now, write them letters boys
>>
>>31958933

I just want to be able to buy a suppressor without going through the bullshit.
>>
>>31958933
While I understand the appeal of full-auto, the principle of having a firearm that's unrestricted in it's capabilities, it's not all that practical. Heck, some semi-auto guns can fire as fast as full-auto anyway as long as you can pull the trigger fast enough, so what's that matter?
>>
>>31965786
No way that is going to happen.
Hell, we can expect Foreign Guns to rise up in price if Trump starts a trade war
>>
>>31962329
>implying the congress can't be bought
>>
>>31963181
I can agree to this, so long as they also opened trade sanctions to allow shit not produced in the US.
>>
>>31965804
Sore fingers after pulling the trigger so fast, especially when you spend a whole day at the range.

We need to push for fingers protection act NOW.
>>
>>31964993
mah nigga
>>
I want an Any Other Weapon so bad. Sbr and suppressors are cool, but I want a fucking foregrip on my pistol.
>>
>>31965402
Feel ya b0ss
>>
File: PleasedWojak.jpg (57KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
PleasedWojak.jpg
57KB, 645x773px
>>31963239
This is probably the best way to start expanding firearm freedoms. Point out that SBRs are hardly concealable and that suppressors help hearing. Asking for the giggle switch right away is a bit much.
>>
File: IMG_2483.jpg (33KB, 535x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2483.jpg
33KB, 535x412px
I would settle for the SAFE Act being challenged away and constitutional carry.

I want to move but I really like my job. On the bright side tho, I do live in the most pro 2A county in NY and I should have my unrestricted carry permit in a month or two. I live in the only county that issues unrestricted permits to all applicants. Feels kinda ok

>pic related

Putting this on layaway next week
>>
>>31958933
Maybe
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.