[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy my first pistol, and I'm having difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: m9 1911.jpg (111KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
m9 1911.jpg
111KB, 800x650px
Looking to buy my first pistol, and I'm having difficulty deciding between 1911 9mm and m9/m92. Plz help.
>>
>>31958354
The 1911 was made to be .45 acp. Low capacity, large diameter round. If you're going to go 9mm, get something that actually holds a decent amount of it. Don't you dare get a doublestack 1911. The grip is just right in single stack, feels like shit double stacked
>>
>>31958354
I like the 92fs okay, but I detest slide mounted safeties, and a lot of people hate the first heavy trigger pull
>>
>>31958354
just get a glock 19 or actually go to a gun store and pick the one that feels the best in your hand
>>
>>31958354
>Saved money for fist handgun on 21st birthday.
>walked into gunstore to buy my beretta
>walked out with a shit eating grin carrying a beretta m9 and a Ruger sr1911
>1911 was on sale due to scratch on frame.
>spent less than $1000 with ammo included

Best birthday ever
>>
Check out some CZ's
>>
>>31958446
dont worry, tomorrow you will be kidnapped by atf because you bought two handguns at once and interrogatted for links to isis
>>
>>31958416
The square slide bugs the hell out of me.

>>31958453
I've shot a 75, and wasn't a big fan of it. Anything else you think I should look at?
>>
>>31958466
This was several years ago anon, would have happened already
>>
>>31958482
Fns9c is good, I like it more than the g19
>>
>>31958482
Any CZ polymer pistol is good
>>
>>31958354
I have pretty much all the classics and I would strongly recommend the 92 over a 1911.
It is cheaper to shoot and easier to use for a beginner. If you buy a 1911, get it in 45 or 10mm or something else silly. The 1911 is easy to fuck up while taking down, has a lower capacity while being heavier and lacks safety mechanisms that cater to newbs in my opinion.

It would also be worthwhile for you to buy a 22 semi auto pistol as it looks like 22 will remain cheap and plentiful for a while.
>>
>>31958354
92FS is just the better gun for 99% of people.
>>
>>31958354
Whichever one feels better in your hands and points itself naturally. Ergonomics uber alles.
>>
>>31958354
If you are only picking from those 2... M9 in 9mm it's cheaper to shoot and learn, you can always buy another gun. Get your fundamental down then move on to other calibers and platform.
>>
>>31960026
The 1911 has a manual and grip safety
How does it lack safety mechanisms
>>
>>31958354
If you want a 9mm 1911 get a Colt Government or Springfield Range Officer. I would definitely say that a 9mm 1911 would be a better shooter and more fun at the range. Also, either of the models I suggested would retain good resale value if you decide you don't want it anymore.

The Beretta will be cheaper by a couple hundred bucks though. That's money that you could spend on ammo.
>>
Not OP I'm also looking to buy a new pistol, a Jericho 941 is it worth it and how bad will it hurt my wallet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.