[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf wants to get a ccw. The problem is, I don't know what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: px4storm.jpg (311KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
px4storm.jpg
311KB, 800x450px
My gf wants to get a ccw. The problem is, I don't know what's the best option.

She tried out my Beretta 92 Vertec and liked it. I can see why. Thin grips, full-size to tame the recoil. We also tried out the small CCW guns like the M&P Shield and Glock 26, but she doesn't like the "snappiness" of the recoil. The G19 has uncomfortable finger grooves for her, not to mention being a bit large for her small hands. At the same time, she doesn't want to lug around an all-metal, full sized pistol either. Her boobs are big enough to where a t-shirt will "tent" over, allowing for concealment of a full sized pistol in the front.

What are her options?

pic kinda related
>>
>>31955858
If she is serious about actually conceal carrying everyday than just suck it up get the glock 26 and a snub noses revolver for when she just wants a quick run. Carrying should be a daily ritual if you want the most out of the liscense and an easy to carry gun is an immense help in that regard. Shoot well enough to defend yourself is more important than shooting nickel sized groups at 7 yards.

What do you CC and does every day all day carry matter to you and her?
>>
>>31955858
Bersa Thunder mang
LCP II is also an option

inb4 fullsize fags
>>
>>31955931
I CC a G19. Typical upgrades like a trigger and sights. I don't carry everyday though, only when I'm doing errands or passing by the bad area of town. I don't carry on campus either, since I don't want to be kicked out if someone finds out.

She wants to carry when she's out alone or with friends, and especially when doing errands. Definitely not an all day everyday type deal.
>>
>>31955858
>Her boobs are big enough to where a t-shirt will "tent" over, allowing for concealment of a full sized pistol in the front.

Post pics of boobs so I can see...for concealment purposes
>>
What about a full-size M&P?
>>
OP, here are some guns worth looking into:

1.) FNS-9c (Holds 12+1, much better trigger than a Glock 26, has the option for default night sights, has the option for a manual safety, comes with a spare 17 round mag. Costs less than a Glock 26 even if you get the version with night sights.)

2.) Walther P99c (It's a polymer striker-fired gun with a decocker that imitates a conventional single/double action gun in how it operates. It's also cheaper than a new Glock.

From what you've described, either of these would work well carried in a belly band at the 2'o clock or 4'o clock positions.
>>
>>31955858
Walther ccp is noted for its gas delayed blowback which allows less felt recoil and easier slide operation. M&p series are also popular with wimmin since the slides are easier to rack. You could look for a m&p9c for her to try out.
>>
>>31956234
Just got a ccp, came into the thread to recommend it. It feels different than any other gun I've shot when you fire it, medium size grips are great for lady hands. Also medium size strong manly hands like mine, of course.
>>
>>31955858
What is the cup for?
>>
>>31956262
Holding small parts when you're detail stripping it or replacing stuff. All new Berettas come with them.
>>
>>31955858
its hard to break somebody into CC'ing, there are so many options and things that they think can go wrong it can get overwhelming. While its totally possible to cc a full sized pistol like that, I dont recommend it, especially if she's new to shooting. I wouldnt let her try to handle them for her first time either, shes going to appreciate the size and comfort when first holding it but when she tries to actually carry it it'll be uncomfortable.
I always start with a compact and either go to subcompact or duty size from there if they think they can handle it
>>
File: Beretta_84F-JH01.jpg (2MB, 2558x1872px) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_84F-JH01.jpg
2MB, 2558x1872px
consider the following. though it will be a bit heavier then others in its class, and lol.380, but its a double stack and she'll be familiar with the beretta feel
>>
File: ruger380.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ruger380.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>31955858
look at the ruger lc380

not the lcp that is also 380 but much smaller & kicks more

the lc380 is a very soft shooter, the ruger engineers did good job with recoil, same size as lc9 but 380 cartridge

problem is the horrible trigger, i got a galloway replacement trigger has 50% less travel and now the gun is very nice
>>
>>31955858
Don't get a bitch a gun unless you plan on putting a ring on her trigger hand.

Source: Divorced
>>
>>31955858
>pic kinda related

Check out the PX4 Compact Carry. It's an enhanced version of the PX4 Compact that Ernest Langdon suggested Beretta to make. Though it's taking quite a while for some of the quirks to be worked out but it will be released 'eventually'.
>>
>>31955858

I'm sorry but it's just impossible to answer this question without some pics of her boobs. We're gonna need them with and without the "tent".
>>
>>31955858

I CC a Glock 21 just fine.

Of course I'm a fat fucker with the tactical muffin top working for me so there is that....
>>
>>31958565
>Marrying a filthy southpaw.
>>
File: Sphinx-SDP-Compact-Krypton.jpg (27KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Sphinx-SDP-Compact-Krypton.jpg
27KB, 600x399px
What is /k/'s opinion on the Sphinx SDP? She likes it, but that shit is expensive.
>>
>>31955858
I cc a px4 storm full size and it ain't the easiest but it is doable if she has a large enough body frame..
>>
>>31955858
I think we need a pic of said boobs for size reference
>>
File: XF-S2E09-SIGP228.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
XF-S2E09-SIGP228.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>31955858
i wonder how she would handle a nice, compact 9mm 1911 like the defender. or if perhaps a sig p228 / m11-a1 wouldn't be too big.

>>31956026
i second this motion
>>
>>31955858
>Her boobs are big enough to where a t-shirt will "tent" over, allowing for concealment of a full sized pistol in the front.
pics or it didn't happen.

G43 is her best option.
>>
PPK/s
Just get the right ammo and it's fine.

That or one of the S&W airframes.
>>
File: P238_v_Mustang.jpg (75KB, 772x618px) Image search: [Google]
P238_v_Mustang.jpg
75KB, 772x618px
>>31955858
my wife really likes the mustang. she didn't have any complaints about recoil.
>>
>>31955858
Sounds like the Vertec it is if she likes it. It's a firearm that's controllable and ergonomic for her.
>>
>>31960443
Get a P07. Basically the same exact gun.
>half as cheap
>more holster options
>more aftermarket
>can actually get red fiber optic sights on it

A new P07 goes for ~$410 and that money saved can go towards a Cajun Gunworks trigger kit. The SDP triggers are complete dogshit for what you pay and Sphinx is also anti-gun and they're running out of buisiness.

Literally no reason as to why you should get an SDP. Period.
>>
Walther CCP. Perfect gun for woman. Ergos out of this world, gas bullshit recoil reducing, 9mm. Sucks to break down, but get used to it. Smooth shooting, trigger only drawback. 8+1
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.