[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm a newfag when it comes to weapons, and I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: glock silencer.jpg (157KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
glock silencer.jpg
157KB, 660x439px
Hey guys, I'm a newfag when it comes to weapons, and I think it is about time I got a gun.

However, I am unsure where I should start.
I am thinking just a common police issue gun like a Glock 22, However I am unsure. I really just want something usable, because we all know a bullet is a fucking bullet.
Two questions, along with confirming/suggestions aside from a Glock,
Should I get a suppressor, and What kind of reaction should I have with a gun in the event of a home invasion? Should I still avoid killing if at all possible, such as aiming for disabling?
I know that's a moral question, but is it viable, could I disable someone reliably without having to risk them, or me, dying?
>>
>>31954446
Suppressors need a $200 dollar tax stamp and ATF approval on top of the price of the suppressor.

Never shoot to wound. You'll get fucked in court even in a free state for shooting to wound.
>>
>>31954446
Get a 9mm
>less recoil
>cheaper ammo
>more capacity

Yes go the proper route for a suppressor

Shoot to stop the threat
>>
>>31954446
leave only one person to tell their side of the story.
>>
>>31954446
/k/ Memes spam
>Glock
Why are you buying a hand grenade?
>only 9m
No penetration 10mm is where it is at
ACTUAL ADVICE
Wait a bit for the suppressor until Trump gets into office, he says he will remove the tax stamp on suppressors. 9mm is a decent choice for beginners. Shoot to killin a home invasion because if they get wounded you will be sued.

In a home invasion you will be shaking like a baby.
I know this because I was in your position with a Mosin. greentaxt time

>be me
>20
>Live in woods
>have only 1 gun
>a noble Mosin is first
>late at night finish a WW2 movie
>I was larping a bit and had the bayonet on Mosin
>IamBecomeIvanChesnokov.jpg
>in room looking around
>have clip by bed
>BOOM from outside the door
>YUO SEE IVAN ENEMY IS HERE
>fail to load clip first time
>finally load it second time
>enter shooting walk thing
>Shaking like San Francisco in 1906
>Clear 2 rooms
>Living room I enter shaken af
>see a White Meth head looking around
>Me being me and seeing WW2 movies I figure I will miss I am shaking too much.
>FORYOUGLORIOUSMOTHERLANDCHAAAAAAAAAAARGE.jpg
>I cannot think clearly at the moment to say something witty I let loose a primal autistic scream
>methheadshitspants.jpg and runs away.
>He runs fast
>He enters truck
>mad minute a white truck
>Call Police
>They find a truck with 3 bulletholes at the guys house matching the description driving away
My grouping sucked...

I gave the Mosin to a museum that got a Soviet Uniform and I decided to help finish the display

When people stop by that museum the are looking at the gun that was held by me during the great autistic charge
>>
>>31954760
>he says he will remove the tax stamp on suppressors

Has he actually said anything about signing that legislation?

We need to start seriously pushing it if so.

Put the fear of gods into your representatives.
>>
File: templar im only 6.jpg (14KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
templar im only 6.jpg
14KB, 211x239px
>>31954760
Brilliant. Somehow, even though you acted like a total sperg, that sounds glorious.

How would a glock 17 fair then, should should I just drop glocks?

Any recommendations for handguns?

I would prefer to avoid revolvers and meme guns.
>>
>>31954446
Get the Glock 22, but instead of buying a silencer buy a 9mm barrel and some 9mm magazines. Also always shoot to kill because the last thing you want is the "victim" getting you put in jail because "he wasn doin' nuffin wrong" in your house.
>>
>>31954836
Glocks are an enigma, there seems to be no one that thinks they're middle of the line. Everyone that has an opinion about them either thinks they're shit or loves them. That said I like glocks a lot, they're pretty reliable in my experience and feel nice in my hand.
>>
>>31954915
>there seems to be no one that thinks they're middle of the line. Everyone that has an opinion about them either thinks they're shit or loves them

I think they are middle of the line and I love them
>>
>>31954915
>>31954939

Glocks are sort of the used Mossberg 500 of the handgun world. They're not the ultimate, top-of-the-line handgun with kickass ergonomics and flawless accuracy. But, they shoot well, they're reliable and relatively cheap, and there are mags and aftermarket parts in every LGS in the country.
>>
>>31954446
The standard /k/ answer to "hey what should I get for my first gun" is some sort of .22 rifle.

It'll teach you decent habits, the recoil isn't so sharp that you'll flinch and hate it, and ammo is relatively cheap enough for you to shoot regularly.

Any future purchases will depend on what you want one for.
>>
If you're just looking for your first gun, just buy a Ruger 10/22. Deadass reliable, cheap ammo, great product.

If you're looking to carry, buy a glock 19. Great round, great gun, great caliber.

If you want home defense, a Mossberg 500 would probably be the best bet.

All these are just really basic and standard firsts. Can't go wrong with any of them.
>>
>>31954777
I haven't seen him say that, people are pulling shit out of their ass left and right.

He has said he'll roll back Obummer's EOs, so trusts will be great again.

>>31954915
I like them because they do everything adequately. Other guns are better in specific areas but I haven't found anything that averages out like Glocks. My perfect gun would be a USP with a 'murican style mag release.
>>
File: my3_zpsccef0ae6.jpg (167KB, 1024x1020px) Image search: [Google]
my3_zpsccef0ae6.jpg
167KB, 1024x1020px
>>31954915

Anon, it may appear that way here because of how attached and emotional people are to their purchases but it really is the standard in most people's opinions.

If I'm considering a handgun, I ask myself what areas it's stronger and weaker in compared to a glock or what niche it fits into and if it's different enough in the right areas I get it.

If you want to buy a first handgun for self defense, compare it to the glock in its size category. If you like it better then buy it, if you dont compare another, if the glock is better for you each time then buy the glock. It's never the wrong choice, it just may not be the perfect choice for some special snowflake people.
>>
>>31958215
Those three are the epitome of CC.

I had an extremely difficult time debating between the Shield and the 26
>>
>>31954760
>mad minute a white truck
fucking kek
>>
>>31954836
Glock 19 or Glock 17
See which one fits your hand better, they both accept 17 round mags
>>
>>31954599
exactly what I was told in my LTC class
>>
File: Hit em wit the SK.jpg (405KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
Hit em wit the SK.jpg
405KB, 1200x846px
I love my P30SK w/ LEM trigger for CC and I have a USP .45 on my night stand for home defence along with my all my other fire arms
>>
>>31959962
My spare mags are full sized 15 rounders which is nice
>>
>>31954446
always shoot to kill
if you have time to shoot to disable then your life was not in immediate danger and you had no justification to draw your weapon
>>
>>31954446
OP you shoot center mass until the target is on the ground and you only use hollow points. If you're afraid of killing someone you shouldn't CC because you might have to it's a serious responsibility.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.