[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How wise is it to buy milsurp online? I'd like to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png (144KB, 800x346px) Image search: [Google]
angled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2.png
144KB, 800x346px
How wise is it to buy milsurp online?

I'd like to get an SKS that's not 500 bucks at my local pawnshop, but I'm worried I'd get one with a shit bore, a shot-out barrel, or any other condition that can be hid in photos.
>>
>>31949843
>How wise is it to buy milsurp online?
It's always better if you can inspect it in person, but just make sure there's good pictures and descriptions.
>>
>>31949843
Most places online are generally respectable. I'm not sure about the FFL transfer process, maybe someone whose done it can chime in, but I think when it arrives at wherever you set it to be picked up, you have the right to inspect it before paying. If it's terrible quality, you can send it back, but it will be at your expense, and you still gotta pay the FFL transfer fee.

DESU, with Trump winning, I'd say way a few weeks and see if he revokes all those import bans. Maybe you'll be able to grab Russian SKS for $80 again.
>>
>>31949873
>but I think when it arrives at wherever you set it to be picked up, you have the right to inspect it before paying
Nah, you better just make sure there's a return policy for your gun.
The dealer will probably just hand you the box you ordered, charge you the transfer fee, and tell you it's your problem from this point forward.
It's not their job to march to the UPS store, buy a label, and ship your mistake back.
>>
>>31949885
No. You have to open the item and accept it. If it's not what you want they have to send it back. Now whether or not the seller will accept the return as valid is another story, but your transfer FFL cannot force you to accept it.

And online is really the only reliable source for most milsurp these days. It's a SKS, not a target rifle. As long as it functions and looks decent enough you'll be fine. Don't expect more than a reliable (mostly) rifle that can hit a man sized target at 300 meters.
>>
Not OP, but I've also been wondering something about buying guns online. Once you pay and it's shipped, do you just pick it up from the fun store and pay the transfer fee? And do you still need to go through a background check? It would suck to get denied on a 4473 once you've already paid for it and had it shipped.
>>
>>31950031
Yes, yes, and totally agreed.

If you're gonna get denied, why order a gun online?
>>
>>31950173
I doubt I'd get denied, but you never know. I've never bought a gun before and would hate for my first gun purchase to get denied for some silly shit I didn't know about.
>>
>>31950239
In that case I can only wish you the best.
>>
File: 20161109_151730[1].jpg (124KB, 449x797px) Image search: [Google]
20161109_151730[1].jpg
124KB, 449x797px
I need help. I wanted to replace the dust cover of this but it wont slide out because of the stock. Wat do
>>
>>31950305
I had that problem in the past. What you want to do is drop the mag, remove the trigger assembly, and then the rest of the gun from the stock.

Your shit should pop out fine.

Do yourself a favor and get a wood stock, dude
>>
>>31950393
what did you use to press the button the grip is making it a bitch
>>
>>31950489
Pics of where you are stuck.

Button press? If it's what I think you're stuck on, I used a bullet. No, really, a 7.62x39 FMJ. Alternative is to use a Philips head screwdriver.
>>
>>31950584
I got it, I used a bent screwdriver to get it all the way. thank you guys for the help, if you couldn't tell... I'm a new fag
>>
>>31950613
Considering you opened a new thread before googling shit yourself, yeah I could tell.
>>
>>31950031
Odds are you'll be fine as long as you don't have felonies. In the event something is wrong it usually gets delayed. If it is denied, and you don't deserve it, you can get a pin number from the FBI after they look into the matter. This sometimes happens for duplicate names of a prohibited person, but isn't terribly common.
>>
>>31949843
I highly suggest you get a c&r before milsurp in general dries up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.