[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pocket carrying worth it? I notice almost nobody in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: ghost.jpg (214KB, 1600x1551px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
214KB, 1600x1551px
Is pocket carrying worth it? I notice almost nobody in the EDC threads do it.
>>
>>31948616
>gun falls out of pocket
>>
>>31948616
I do it with cargo shorts
>>
>>31948661
how the fuck does it fall out of your pocket? You use a pocket holster and dedicate that pocket to your pistol. carrying on the waist seems ridiculously uncomfortable.
>>
>>31948616
You'll shoot your dick out kid.
>>
>>31948675
i know several guys who carry revolvers unholstered in a cargo pocket. some use pocket holsters, but not many. waist carry isn't uncomfortable if you're carrying the appropriate sized gun in a good holster, in the right spot, I do it every day. most people do.
>>
>>31948616
I used to pocket carry a Beretta Tomcat. It was still kinda big for my liking so I now pocket carry a Seecamp. It's so small you forget you even have it there.
>>
>>31948616
I pocket carry a Ruger LCR in 9mm. It's a little big but I forget it's there.
>>
>>31949281
same but with an LCR .38, with a pocket holster. didn't know they made them in 9 now
>>
>>31949260
How do you get that little bugger out in time?
>>
>>31948698
>in a cargo pocket
what about for people who actually have sex though?
>>
>>31948616
Im just here to point out how sexy this berretta is
>>
>>31949395
it's just a 92fs ghost. they go for like $900 at the most
>>
>>31949328
Yup, they actually use moon clips. I love mine.
>>
>>31948616
It's far less than ideal, but it's better than no gun. However, if you don't secure your trigger you deserve to shoot yourself the way you inevitably will.
>>
>>31949416
who can't afford a $10 pocket holster for fucks sakes you idiot. some of them just give you a pocket holster with the gun now.
>>
I pocket carry an airweight J-frame. The reason the EDC people don't post pocket carry rigs is because a mouse gun in a leather sleeve doesn't win you any cool points despite it being the most practical method when done correctly.
>>
>>31948616
Pocket carry doesn't make sense unless you really need maximum concealment. A bigger gun has better capacity and controllability, so IWB is normally the better option. As a bonus, it doesn't waste pocket space for your phone or keys or wallet or whatever.
>>
>>31948616
Because it's mostly for things like suits
>>
>>31951274
If you're getting mugged, it gives you a bit more believability, the option to chicken out, and if you decide it's not worth the risk to draw (let's say he's already got a gun trained on you) then he doesn't see you have one and escalate the situation, for starters.
>>
>>31951274
While all of what you said is true, IWB creates problems for anyone who has a job where he's required to tuck his shirt in. For someone like that, such as me, it makes the draw unacceptably slow and doesn't allow me to adopt a stance where I'm ready to fire without obviously looking like I have a gun.

That's why I went for pocket carry. It's no fun from the standpoint of having a cool gun that's easy to shoot, but it has the potential to save my life in certain situations where IWB could not.
>>
>>31948675
he's referring to the gun in your pic, saying its too large and wouldnt fit in a pocket. In his defense you could have used a pocket gun OP pic for your pocket gun thread
>>
>>31951419
If you're getting mugged, he's probably going to want what's in your pockets. He isn't likely, however, to check under your shirt for valuables.

>>31951541
Or just rock a shoulder holster and tell your boss to go fuck himself.
>>
Go for it, I pocket carry my Ketland brass barrel smooth bore pistol everyda. Never had printing issues or issues drawing it. Albeit I've never needed to draw it for any reason
>>
>>31949361
Not him, but I keep it in a pocket holster, and I tend to wear pants with big pockets. It's only a second to grip and draw while turning off the safety.

Even then, it's my backup. My primary is an IWB Glock 30S opposite from the tomcat.
>>
>>31951366
but shoulder holsters are way cooler
>>
>>31952404
>If you're getting mugged, he's probably going to want what's in your pockets. He isn't likely, however, to check under your shirt for valuables.

He isn't likely to get what's in your pockets when you produce a pistol instead of a cell phone/wallet. That was the whole point he was making. It's a mugging, not a pat down
>>
>>31953305
But then we're back at pocket holsters having no significant advantage over IWB holsters. Since lots of people carry their wallets in their back pockets for some retarded reason, you can just as easily produce a gun from the back of your waistband as from your pocket.
>>
If I were going to carry a pistol unholstered in a pocket with no safety I literally wouldn't have the balls to after it went off. People buying $600 conceal revolvers and then letting them slap around their dicks all day without a $15 holster will never make sense to me.
If it's small enough to put in a pocket it will go just great in a real belt holster where I can draw it.
>>
>>31948616
I might as well put in my 2 cents on this thread. I work at a big box store that has a no gun or weapon policy. I carry my Ruger LCP Custom in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster because I don't want someone to see my Walther PPQ M2 printing from under my tucked in shirt. I think pocket carry really shines for places (like work) where you can LEGALLY conceal carry a gun, but it is against COMPANY POLICY. I also think that pocket carry makes a lot of sense for a back up gun. When I am not at work I carry my Walther PPQ M2 and my Ruger LCP Custom. There are times when a pocket gun could save your life. In my state there is no laws against having your hand on your gun if its in your pocket. There has been multiple situations where I had my hand on my pocket rocket, the latest example was when this tweaked out dude was power walking towards me and my little brothers as we were waiting for our pizza. Turns out the druggy just really wanted to get some pizza fast but the look in his eyes, the way he was walking, the fact he had one hand in his front right pocket......well let's just say I was happy I had my hand on one of the guns I was carrying. The only downsides to pocket carry is the limited capacity and it is hard to draw it if you are sitting down.
>>
>>31948616
I pocket carry a sig p232.
>>
File: a14.jpg (160KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
a14.jpg
160KB, 600x709px
>>31954733
>M2
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.