[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of a criminal using body armor, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (5KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 202x249px
What are the chances of a criminal using body armor, I've heard alot of talk saying a shotgun or pistol won't do the job because of this, is this a legitimate concern?
>>
Unless it's some sort of organized crime or high profile bank robbery type thing I doubt your average criminal will wear any form of body armor aside from a thick coat.
>>
>>31938256
What like a burglar? The good ones are smart enough to specifically target your home when you are least likely to be home and not carry stuff that would add extra charges on them if caught.

The ones going after houses at night are dummies or crackheads, neither of which have the resources or forethought for armor.
>>
I do believe that it is a federal crime to wear body armor during the commission of a crime. If so, it would mean spending a number of years in the federal no-parole prison system.
>>
>>31938293
this

i can only think of one highly publicized incident in which criminals used body armor, and that's the LA bank robberies from a while ago

maybe the James Holmes did too? I forget
>>
File: China_Lake_4x40_REMOV.jpg (382KB, 1200x748px) Image search: [Google]
China_Lake_4x40_REMOV.jpg
382KB, 1200x748px
>>31938256
It's a legitimate concern for a specific type of crime and criminal. Statistically it's unlikely you'd have to defeat armor if you aren't someone who guards something valuable. That said, shit happens so practice that T ZONE
>>
>>31938318
Holmes just wore a tactical vest, IIRC one of those pre-positioned Blackhawk style vests that was initially mistaken for armor.

Both of those are examples of extreme outliers of criminals who were intending to get into a fight. Most criminals are acting out of more simple, self preserving desires.
>>
>>31938256
just aim for the dick
>>
>>31938256
>What are the chances of a criminal using body armor?
Low, unless you're talking about a rare armed home invasion instead of the usual burglar scenario

>I heard alot of talk saying a shotgun or pistol won't do the job because of this, is this a legitimate concern?
Alternate aim points are your friend. Hard body armor? Aim for the head or mag-dump into their pelvic girdle to mechanically break down their body. Soft body armor? Same thing unless you're using a rifle. Note that a 1oz slug to the chest, even with soft body armor, will cause massive internal trauma, broken ribs, and internal bleeding
>>
>>31938506
Low blow but works especially with a rifle also hips
>>
>>31938614
Listen to this one info is spot on
>>
>>31938256
The criminals who use body armor arent the ones who will break into some random house in the middle of the night.
>>
>>31938256
Have you ever been shot in the chest? Even wearing body armor you're gonna feel that.
>>
>>31938815
I was gonna post this! Getting shot center mass, even with armor on, would have to hurt like a motherfucker. Surely the person in question would be incapacitated long enough for you to follow up with some more shots, or disarm him? Way I figure it, anyone who wears body armor in case he gets shot is fairly likely to be packing so he can do a little shooting of his own.
>>
>>31938648
Also if you dont have a gun but have like some sort of bat/club type thing, fuck up elbows and knees. People cant function without that shit.
>>
>>31938855
>>31938815
I know guys who got shot in their plates and didn't even realize it until later, so that's my non-hypothetical take on it.

That said I don't think a criminal is coming after you wearing body armor unless it's a very rare mass shooter/terrorist attack, or you dun goofed and robbed a methlab.
>>
>>31938681
Short of a targeted hit you are absolutely correct and only ever heard of 2 where armor was used so majority correct your side
>>
>>31938316

A lot of other things are federal crimes, it doesn't stop them.
>>
>>31938889
Absolutely. Living in NY I had a naval cutlas for the apartment. Upgraded since but limbs and neck would have been the targets
>>
>>31938316
>It's a crime to commit a crime while committing a crime

Who gives a shit
>>
I wouldn't put it past one of them to wear it if they stole it.

Or if they tend to carry out a lot of armed robberies
>>
>>31938990
Criminals actually. If it's a few months for some minor charge many will see it as a calculated risk against some bullshit time. That's compared to something that will make them go away forever, essentially.

It depends on the mindset of course, but most guys breaking into places would prefer to limit possible charges stacked on them if caught.
>>
>>31938890
Plates are a different ballgame from Kevlar and other ballistic fibers. And yes plates laugh at non ap rifle rounds. But surplus police kevlar or concealed vests are cheap and more comfortable than plates so it is a possible invader asset
>>
>>31939001
>Criminals care about committing crimes

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>31938256
if you actually read the news every now & then you'd realize this has already happened

https://www.google.com/#q=shooter+wearing+body+armor
>>
>>31939001

For every 1 white person who's actually putting that into their calculation, there are 50 niggers who just walk through the front door and shoot you.

Niggers don't get caught, by the way, since all of their nigger friends (and victims, usually) don't want to rat them out.

But go ahead and continue telling me all about how white people commit crimes really nicely. That totally makes me feel better about all those niggers who don't.
>>
>>31939009
A lot of them do actually care about the risk/reward of additional charges. Especially something like body armor which isn't helpful is a decently planned break in and is a legal liability outweighing its usefulness.
>>
>>31939027

No, seriously, fuck off.

Nobody sits around googling laws about body armor and calculating what the charges might be. They just go out and rob somebody.

Your faggoty little white kid version of real life is something you need to abandon ASAP. It's not going to get you very far in the real world, where we actually live.
>>
>>31939016
Well I was LEO so just saying that yes actually this stuff is part of it. But I see you are just using the thread as an excuse to go full /pol/.
>>
>>31938855
You realize people get shot in the chest with no armor and don't even notice it?
>>
>>31939040
>I was a cop so everything I'm saying is automatically right!

You have the writing style of a second grader and think that niggers look this stuff up before shooting their girlfriend's kid.

Get the fuck outta here. Nobody's buying this shit.
>>
That concept is, like, *so* 1880...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly
>>
>>31939016
Some one obviously spent more than a week around feral pavement apes
>>
File: 2016-10-24 23.17.54.jpg (2MB, 918x1630px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-24 23.17.54.jpg
2MB, 918x1630px
>>31939004
Ceramic plates yeah
Steel is vulnerable to high velocity fmj.
>>
>>31939114
Potentially if longer barrel and higher velocity with a near 90 degree impact yes. Not sure if the common m4 length will get it to that speed.
>>
>>31939001
>>31938990
>criminals don't care about the difference between 6 months in local, vs 15 years in federal
>>
>>31939078
>MOM
>MOOOOOOOOOOM
>BRING THE TENDIES DOWN HERE
>NO MOM BRING THEM TO THE BASEMENT MOM
>NOOOOOO
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31939037
I'm not him but it's true. Yes not every criminal will care about laws on body armor or being armed but many will do whatever they can do reduce the risk of getting 5, 10, 15 years or whatever in prison. For example some (I.e. not all) robbers may choose to go unarmed because they know it would be a much longer sentence should they get caught.
>>
>>31939141
It won't, but that's why I have 20
>>
>>31938256
>the thought of getting shot in the intestines, your gunk spilling out with puddles of blood, infection being likely
Damn I wish plate carriers could cover more without so much damn weight.
>>
>>31938985
>In NY
>Having a Deadly Military-style Assault "Cutloose"
100% Haram, Mr. Somali..
>>
>>31939037
>>31939009
idiot
>>
>>31938256
>shoot them several times in the chest
>still standing
>shoot their legs/arms/neck/head
Not that hard OP
>>
>>31939577
>>still standing
noguns detected
>>
>>31939037
>Nobody sits around googling laws about body armor and calculating what the charges might be.
Of course they don't. They mention their brilliant idea to a friend/dealer/partner who tells them that if they get caught stealing your TV while wearing body armor they're going to prison for 15 years. So they stop doing it and tell other people who have the idea to stop doing it.

Criminals don't exist in a vacuum, man, these people all know each other. I work court security, I see it every week. The criminal (and drug) scene is closely tied in with itself, its members collectively spend far more time in courts and with lawyers than the average citizen ever will, and their knowledge of the legal system shows.
>>
>>31938256
buckshot, the vest only covers so much. also shoot at groin, arms, neck, head
>>
>>31939483
Honoring my limey heritage you mongrel cur
>>
>>31940785
Sorry, I didn't realize you were Pakistani.
>>
>>31940859
While no curry to my lime I did have a giggle mate. Seriously though pakies in jew york just carry box cutters and hi points
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.