[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did the separatists manage to make the Ukrainian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: sepsigla.jpg (57KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
sepsigla.jpg
57KB, 600x399px
How the fuck did the separatists manage to make the Ukrainian air force so useless?
They relied heavily on artillery, still do, but even the separatists have their own (especially Lugansk) to duel here and there.
Why didnt they carpetbomb the entire battlefields? Nobody would give a shit about 'civilian lives' nobody gave a shit when they shelled them.
What the fuck happened to the Ukrainian air force?

Did the Russians shoot them down from across the border? Did they have an already shitty air force?
>>
Separatist hero have no anti-air. Ukraine Air Force shot down by Ukraine Air Force in false flag attack. MH17 done by jew.
>>
1) Relatively small air force to begin with
2) Lots stolen in Crimea by Russia
3) Ex-Ukranian and Russian supplied MANPADS everywhere
>>
>>31938077
They had a very small Air force, many planes were captured, and others were lost to SAM systems supplied by Russia.
>>
The main, overarching reason?

Money.

Ukraine can't afford to fly the aircraft it has. Out of 80 MiG-29's, 8 were captured and 2 shot down. The rest are in storage because Ukraine can't afford to renovate and operate them.
>>
>>31938119
ФПБП
>>
>>31938179
what the fuck happened to the captured ones?
>>
>>31938282
Russia kept them
>>
>>31938077
The Ukrainian air force was complete shit and Russia has the worlds best air defence systems, some of wich they supplied the rebels with.

>>31938119
kek
>>
>>31938077
>How the fuck did the separatists manage to make the Ukrainian air force so useless?
They didn't. The Ukrainians fucked up by completely neglecting their air force since the collapse of the URSS.
>>
>>31938179

That and theyd just be in debt from the fuel needed to constantly run air force operations.
>>
>>31938077
It was useless to begin with...
>>
>>31938077
No experience.

During the first days of the conflict, a Ukranian Mi-24 got shot down by a Fagot Anti-TANK Missile.
A Ukrainian Su-24 targeted air conditioning units in Donetsk because the IR spotted them.
>>
Slavs can't into SEAD and this -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJR7SFSUq4s
>>
>>31938077
As for airforce:
Russia supports the seperatists heavily with stuff (including BUKs and Panzir) and they captured some AA material from ukraine. You can bet that if a ukraine airplane pops up on russian radar, they will give that information to the seperatists and volunteers on "vacation".
For artillery:
It gets even more dirtier there, with the crap that is pulled. Seperatits have a flavour for taking artillery position right next to or in civilian areas, making counterfire a risky business and dont get even started with Russia who shot at ukraine from their territory or scooped into ukraine with their artillery, fired and drove back over the border.
>>
>>31938454

>SEAD

There's that magic word again....
>>
>>31938697
I forgot about that part, Russian AD radar systems giving live information to forces inside Ukraine.

That's a pretty significant advantage that I've never known insurgents to have before.
>>
>>31938077
They turned to "professional" army and destroyed airforce. Along with ground force, navy e.t.c.
>>
>>31938290
>Ukraine refused to pay the freight for the unflightworthy frames
fixed that for you
>>
>>31938154
And the rest just plain didn't work
>>
>>31938392
I remember the early war footage with separatists still trying to conjure war propaganda heroes

I remember them being ballsy with some large machine gun strapped on a BRT when the Ukrainian Hinds kept circling around.
Its like they knew pilots had no idea what the fuck they are doing and it seems like they were right
>>
File: Photo-3.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Photo-3.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>31938077
Russia supplied/operated advanced SAM systems in the occupied parts of Ukraine.
Ukraine being shit at air war had nothing to put up against that.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.