[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been thinking about getting a sound suppressor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cgs_hydra_front__1200x800.jpg (48KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
cgs_hydra_front__1200x800.jpg
48KB, 960x640px
So, I've been thinking about getting a sound suppressor for my 22lr. Looking at all the options it's been pretty overwhelming. I've landed on the CGS HYDRA ss. Does /k/ have any insight on 22lr cans? Is the model I've picked worth the 1 year wait?
>>
>>31935186

Just build your own Form 1 can. Vendors sell all the parts you need on Ebay and Amazon. It's way cheaper than buying some "brand" name can and the quality and performance will be just as good if all you're shooting is .22.
>>
>>31935392
Thanks for the tip. I'll start looking into it.
>>
>>31935186
The specs on the model you picked look comparable to most of the high end 22 cans out there. I don't see any problem with it.
>>
>>31935392
This is a thing?

Go on...
>>
>>31935392
Post links to suppressor parts
>>
>>31935392
wouldn't you just get anally fucked by alfabits agencies because 'muh silent killer'?
>>
>>31937828

The Form 1 makes it legal to build your silencer our if fuel filters, flashlight parts, and washers.

That said, I still bought manufactured cans on form 4s.
>>
>>31937828

You just form 1 it, same as making an sbr'd. Not sure what the wait times are now but form 1 turnaround used to be 1-2 months back when form 4 stamps were 4-6.
>>
>>31935186
I haven't seen numbers for it so in that regards I couldn't answer.

The baffles look pretty interesting in their design, and with being ss they'll be easy to clean. The cost on it is right in line with other high end ss baffled 22 cans so I think they are doing well in that regards too. I think it's pretty cool that they are doing the heat treated Ti tubes. If numbers were published I think that would seal the deal on whether this is a great can or just another run of the mill.

I personally went with a DA mask, since I wanted the baffles to auto index. I have a warlock2 and getting each one lined up can be a pain. The DA mask made it impossible to screw up so you'll always have repeatable poi shift instead of it changing if baffles are canted to one side or another. Another reason was the DA having extremely low frp. Lastly I liked that the end caps and baffles are all 17-4 ss so I can either put it in the dip or ultrasonic clean them without worrying about damaging an aluminum part. I'm dreading the day when I'll need to take apart and clean my sco warlock 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWBaizCf3Y
>>
>>31938254
Got my form 1 in recently for my sbr, wait time was 6 months. Also bought a form 4 can the same month as I put the form 1 in. Currently 7 months and counting. Also, there was a flood of orders at the last minute before the the atf's new rules went into place. Its gonna be a long time, maybe even a year to clear out that sudden bulk.
>>
>>31937750
Form 1 is the cuckstamp form for building your own Silender/SBR/SBS/AOW/Machine Gun (forget the latter unless you're well connected or a dealer/sot/manufacturer).

You submit it now, and you may have it approved by next Christmas.

Then you can get as fancy or crude as you want an build a legal (federally speaking, anyway) silencer. You can use a maglite, freeze plugs, and "solvent trap" adapters, all the way up to CNCing your custom designed monocore with a titanium tube.
>>
>>31937750
>draw up plans to make a suppressor
>fill out form 1 and mail to ATF with your plans
>they approve in 6 months
>build suppressor

It's not hard. As opposed to a form 4 suppressor
>pay $2,000 for $10 worth of metal
>send out form 4 after forming a trust and spending more money ($500+)
>wait 6 months
>suppressor company hasn't even started making your suppressor while you wait for the form 4 to clear
>another 4-6 months for them to build your can after the form 4 is approved
>pay 1-1.5 times sticker price and have been waiting at least a year for a pre-built
>>
>>31941290
>plans
>submitted

No. No plans needed for silencer. Just length and caliber as requested on the form 1.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.