[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys, just kinda curious. Lets say I built pic related based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161014_205607-2.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161014_205607-2.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
So guys, just kinda curious.

Lets say I built pic related based off of the STEN mk3/MP3008 converted to semi-auto and given a 16.5 inch barrel (striker fired, closed bolt). I got it to hold a 4 inch group at 100 yards.

Now lets say I was considering getting licensed up as a small manufacturer, modifying it to accept more modern colt 9mm carbine mags.

How much would such a thing sell for assuming fit and finish were good?

Only examples I can find online are some jackasses selling perfect historic replicas for $1,300 a pop, and some MK5 somebody converted to semi auto on gunbroker which is apparently worth $2,000.

Would a $400 to $450 price range be fair?

Alternativley I could just get licensed up and sell completed reciever tubes, idk. Kind of toying around with the idea and thought you fellas might have some good input.
>>
>>31934725

400 dollars for a 9mm carbine would sell very easily.
>>
>>31934725
I'd buy the shit out of some receiver tubes.
>>
>>31934725
for 400 bucks I would buy one.
>>
>>31934725
Put the fucking magwell where it belongs and I'd be on board.

You should probably ship them with the t stock so that they remain 50 state legal though.
>>
>>31934778
I think I could make reduced diameter unvented tubes for about 60 to 70 bucks.

I think vented would be about 80 to 90.

Depends on material costs and how many I can crank out. Havent tried making more than 1 at a time.
>>
>>31934725
Why move the magazine?
>>
>>31934725
I've been considering getting a Sten kit and building a wood-stocked carbine like a Lanchester SMG.
>>
>>31935000
I kinda wanted to fuck around with the design as much as possible on the prototype.
See what I could get away with.
>>
File: Lanchester.jpg (32KB, 740x308px) Image search: [Google]
Lanchester.jpg
32KB, 740x308px
>>31935033
Pic related
>>
File: sten_left.jpg (72KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
sten_left.jpg
72KB, 1000x541px
>>31935044
Easiest bet would be indiannpolis ordinance. They sell the reciever blanks, barrels, and SA bolts.

Good luck finding a mag-well or stock though.

Alternativley you could build a MK5, pic related. (Would probably be easier)
>>
>>31934725
could you use glock mags instead of colt carbine? it would be nice to be able to use any ohem from the 10 rounders to 33, 50 drums etc.

I like it, just really long. Maybe you could move the trigger and grip forward?
>>
Put the magazine on the side like the original STEN and I'd buy it in a heartbeat
>>
>>31935200

Why would you want flimsy plastic pistol magazines when there are already dedicated steel sub gun magazines that survive decades?
>>
>>31935380
Im planning on making it in both horizontal and vertical configurations.
>>31935200
If I redesign the bolt and feeding process to accept glock mags its is definiteley not going to fit in the $400 range.

Im going to be using colt mags because they are fairly similar to sten mags and dont require the changes to be too major.
>>
>>31934725
for 400 bucks? day one goddamn buy at that price
>>
>>31935470
I'm no gunsmith, but wouldn't you just have to mimic the glocks' angle? The cases feed center of mag, so you just need a rectangular magwell at a slight angle if I understand right...

Not pushing for it, just genuinely curious.

>>31935448
because they are cheap and common, but I guess the steelies are too. I wont break my glock mags running over the trench
>>
>>31934725
I can sell them for less and produce more. Not legally of course
>>
File: iipsrv.jpg (19KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
iipsrv.jpg
19KB, 550x550px
>>31935528
The magazine feed lips are a totally different shape, so I would need to retool the bolt, plus the glock mags are designed for a ramped barrel, which this design does not currently require.

Plus keep in mind that a glock drum is designed for a glock, and runs up the pistol's magwell. In my rifles design your drum is going to be hanging a good 6-7 inches below your rifle, and far forward.
Or, in horizontally feeding models, off to the side.

It would fucking SUCK to fire, plus this weapon is already pretty front heavy, it just gets away with it because its so light overall.

A drum would weigh more than the rifle, and again, is offset from the ceter of gravity by about 6-7inches.

Would it fire? Yeah. It would just just suck and look silly. I thought up an idea to incorporate suomi drums but lets be honest, if you are buying a $400 rifle you dont want to be feeding it with $150 drums.
>>
>>31935598
thanks for the feedback that all makes sense. Firing my glock drum from the g26 is funny.

Good luck with the endeavors, I'd be interested
>>
>>31935043
Go full retard and go the way of the Owen gun.

Even better, make it so that the magwell and ejection port could be rotated 360 degrees and still feed.
>>
File: IMG_1017.jpg (556KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1017.jpg
556KB, 3024x4032px
>>31934725
Will you keep us posted on here about this and what are you gonna call this. Will you also make sure it's legal for us who live in a shit gun law states like California and New York?
>>
>>31935647
i was thinking 360 rotation would be neat-glockfag from above
>>
Shit like this is why I'm seriously considering doing an apprenticeship in metal fabrication.
>>
File: 20161106_091648.jpg (529KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_091648.jpg
529KB, 2048x1152px
>>31936034
Its not hard
>>
>>31935847
I could build it featureless pretty easily.

Especially if I use the colt mags, since they make em in 10 round capacity.
>>
it would be cool to do this in Canada feeding from luger drums which are exempt from magazine capacity limits

bump fire like a motherfucker

god save the queen
>>
>>31936050
It is if you wanted to make nice guns.
>>
>>31936065
>stens
>nice
Its still not hard.
>>
>>31936072
Obviously, I would like to know how to build more than just stens.
>>
>>31935847
And yeah. I aint no creepfinder, I'm not rich enough to just give thousands of dollars of stuff to the community on here, but I garuntee you guys that once I get things sorted out yall will be the first ones I open doors to.

Maybe go to a nuggetfest and hold a free rifle raffle or something. Maybe give out a few free recievers here and there.

Really depends on if I can get this thing off the ground, im going to be REALLY small. Maybe making 4 or 5 rifles and a couple dozen finished recievers per month at first.
>>
>>31936085
Do you have a milling machine?
>>
>>31936091
Yeah, but it aint CNC is the problem.

When I say "at first" I basically mean until I make enough to get one.

Im planning on selling the rifles at $100 profit for me a pop, figure if I save my profits up after 30 or 40 rifles I can get a small CNC mill and amp up production by a good margin.

Then, if things get going well enough, get a better CNC machine, and maybe hire some kid fresh outta trade school to run it for me part time.

Ya know, slowly expand. But keep in mind, Im still prototyping, and gotta see what sells (or doesnt.)
>>
>>31936126
Ah right your doing semi auto stuff, full auto can be made with hand tools, and casting the bolt out of bronze, a small mill can churn out steel bolts easily, we do both
>>
>>31936150
Yeah, especially since it uses an AR 15 firing pin and it just 9mm, so the steel for the bolt doesnt gotta be crazy hard, especially considering that its got all of like, 5 moving pieces.
>>
>>31936052
Or you can do pinned mags and what needs to be featureless in this to make it by legal? Also you should make a webpage or something so we can see your progress
>>
>>31934725
Would you think about selling 80% receivers and parts for the at home builders??
>>
>>31936203
Planning on it. Gonna run a youtube channel and set up a website. Thing is, I aint rich, so all this setting up is going to take about 6-8 months since I have to slowly accumulate stuff I need. Plus however long the ATF process takes.

But yeah, DEFINITELY expect me to post more on /k/, and probably eventually link in a youtube step by step series.
>>
>>31934725
Love tube guns. Would definitely buy. 350 to like 480 would be a fair price range. Depending on the quality.
>>
>>31936236
Completed recievers mot likely as mentioned above.

An 80% sten tube is literally just a piece of pipe with a template glued/taped on the outside, and there are already a fuckload of people selling those.
>>
>>31936242
Alright I'll be waiting /k/omrade!
>>
>>31934725
I like your cabinets
>>
>>31935598
>glock snail mag
>side loader

MP-18 as fuck
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.