[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are we going to miniaturize this beast and issue them to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 300px-Hires_090509-A-4842R-001a.jpg (28KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Hires_090509-A-4842R-001a.jpg
28KB, 300x200px
When are we going to miniaturize this beast and issue them to infantry squads like AT-4's/M72's?

No, I don't mean a Javelin. I mean a small missile that one dude can actually carry around and forget about until he needs it, then just throw away once he's done with it?
>>
>>31934547
Because the AT-4 is already literally that, you fucking retard.
>>
>>31934876
Yes but no wire guidance. I think thats what op was getting at
>>
Missiles are useless in infantry engagements.
>>
>>31934991
Which is why you're looking at one set up in Afghanistan, huh
>>
>>31934978
You aren't going to use wire guidance in this sort of thing because it's TOO FUCKING SMALL. YOU THINK THAT WIRE IS LIGHT? MOTHERFUCKER HAS TO EXTEND AT LEAST A KILOMETER.
>>
>>31935013
>Implying it wasn't useless
>>
>>31935075
I mean, the sights were probably very handy at the very least.
>>
>>31934547
HE-GM's when?
>>
>>31934547
It's called a Javelin.
>>
>>31934991
?
they are fucking fantastic, just expensive and a little heavy.
>>
don't make the weapon smaller .make the soldier stronger.
>>
I think they call it an RPG7
>>
Just issue every soldier a pistol chambered in 10mm.

Problem solved.
>>
>>31935013
Well I doubt he got much experience shooting at the Taliban's tank divisions.
>>
>>31934547

It's called a Javelin. Wires are so 1960.
>>
>Not even a single reply was actually directed towards the question OP asked

Try reading the post next time, spergs.
>>
>>31934547
>then just throw away once he's done with it
Yeah that plan was what the LAW was meant to be

Then hadji started using the spent tubes to make google-rigged weapons and IEDs

And then everyone had to haul their spent tubes back with them
>>
File: 1477433441199m.jpg (83KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1477433441199m.jpg
83KB, 1024x576px
>>31935500
>>
Buy Chinese

Every infantry has an anti tank weapon

Problem solved.
>>
>>31935027
Not the other anon.

Non military too. So why no laser guided missles?
Cost?
Size?
>>
>>31934547
never. it's a dumb concept anyway
Carl Gustav and RPG systems have the right idea - the launcher should be reusable, because you always want to shoot more than once and carrying around multiple launch tubes is dumb
canister-launched ammo works for vehicles
>>
SEMI AUTO MAGAZINE FED ROCKET LAUNCHERS

THE FUTURE
>>
SEMI AUTO MAGAZINE FED ROCKET LAUNCHERS

THE FUTURE
>>
File: vietnam.jpg (43KB, 711x711px) Image search: [Google]
vietnam.jpg
43KB, 711x711px
>>31934547
>No, I don't mean a Javelin.
But what if we did make a Javelin?
Soldiers are issued with thin folding fin rockets and told to throw them like javelins, rocket ignites while in the air and fly with a 2km range HE warhead against the talibans
>>
>>31936409
Laser guided exists. Beam riding missiles can work. For a disposable launcher, not much point. They're supposed to be light so that every joe could carry one with them to destroy light armor at very close range.
>>
>>31934547
>I mean a small missile that one dude can actually carry around and forget about until he needs it, then just throw away once he's done with it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukxul8HH8as
There are limits to miniaturization though.

>>31934978
>Yes but no wire guidance
Modern TOW 2 AERO doesn't use wires. They just put Wi-Fi into launch container and missile itself instead of cable.
>>
>>31938429

>Be inoffensive freedom fighter group
>Be in your rusty ass T-72
>Middle of nowhere
>Bitching to your habibi that there's no service here to watch AllaHulu Akbar
>DING
>"Wifi connection available"
>wtf?
>Getting stronger
>And stronger
>yfw
>>
>>31935027
Tow2 effective range is 3.75 km, assuming clear weather and no interference from water features, power lines, or tangle threats. Thats a tall order for a single use, man portable system.
>>
>>31938550
I said a kilometer because he wanted a disposable system, so thus I cut down the range.
>>
File: KNIFE HAND INTENSIFIES.png (233KB, 300x383px) Image search: [Google]
KNIFE HAND INTENSIFIES.png
233KB, 300x383px
>>31938550
>>31935027
>new lightweight TOW system developed
>command decides it's light enough to be put on the packing list
>>
Never faggot

I work on the FCS, TAS, Traversing unit and other secondary repairable on that system and it will never be smaller. If anything it's getting bigger and vehicle mounted not just on humvees
>>
>>31938620
Don't worry, they're only making a new, lighter weight Javelin CLU. Which is just a bonus, because you're already humping the full weight CLU.
>>
>>31935575
>If it's a missile it HAS to be used on tanks
>>
>>31936287
Because it's a stupid question and was answered repeatedly in
>>31935467
>>31935618
>>31934876
I mean literally the very first fucking post which even linked the OP. C'mon now.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.