[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this an acceptable rifle to keep on hand whenever I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: AR7 Rifle.png (250KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
AR7 Rifle.png
250KB, 900x450px
Is this an acceptable rifle to keep on hand whenever I want to go down to a range for a fun weekend? Would be my first firearm

I'm in California
>>
File: 1022takedown_2.jpg (37KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1022takedown_2.jpg
37KB, 500x433px
>>31934538
ar 7's are pretty neat if you like the gimmick, I think a 10/22 takedown is far more practical though.
>>
ruger 10/22 takedown is a 10x better choice
>>
>>31934573
beat me to it lol
>>
It's not comfortable to shoot, stock is too fat. The sights are VERY basic so you wont do any real accurate shooting with it past 25-30 yards.

It is what it is. Go with a 10/22 as a first gun. Lots of aftermarket support plus its actually a fun gun to shoot.
>>
>>31934538

The stock is way to fat. Even though they're suppose to float, I hear a lot that they leak and don't do that.

I want the get the m6 scout.
>>
>>31934607
>It's not comfortable to shoot, stock is too fat. The sights are VERY basic so you wont do any real accurate shooting with it past 25-30 yards.

All this and more. The AR-7 is not a very fun gun to own.

10'22's, however, are great - and if you don't like the way yours feels or works, you can change basically every part on top of or inside the rifle to the way you want it.
>>
New ones are dildos cuz the polymer portion of the barrel deforms under the barrel nut and throws off zero. Not to mention the regular jamming.
>>
File: Bond.jpg (91KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
Bond.jpg
91KB, 600x437px
But Muh James Bond Gun
>>
>>31934573
this
>>
>>31934573
>>31934582
Ruger appears to be twice the price on average though, could I use that cash to buy an aftermarket scope/sight for the AR7?
>>
>>31935257
You sound sold on the ar-7, but you need to keep in mind you don't need an expensive sight for a .22.
I would also wager that everyone in this thread will tell you that the 10/22 is worth far more than it's MSRP. In fact I don't think I've ever met anyone with a single bad thing to say about it.
>>
>>31935257
if you scope it you can never take it apart since it wont hold zero when reassembled
>>
>>31935278
Ya, I'll look more into everything as I'm saving

>>31935297
suppose that's fair
>>
>>31935304
I would just get the 10/22 my man. It is by and large a superior product if you aren't ejecting out of an airplane.
I also have no idea where you heard they are double the price, 10/22's are like $350
>>
>>31935346
it's like $400 + on their website depending on the model
>>
>>31935365
After all of the fees and shit you're looking at spending at least $550 no matter which one you choose.
>>
>>31935297
I'm pretty sure it does hold zero between assembly/ disassembly

But yeah the 10/22 is the better choice, OP.>>31934538
>>
>>31934538
I haven't fired one, but I've heard nothing but bad reviews on the new ones.

If you're looking for something cheap and fun, a bolt action like a Ruger American Rimfire would be a good choice. That way you can use even the shittiest ammo and not have to worry about it cycling like with a semi auto, plus with a bolt gun you're more likely to slow down and learn the basics better.

Plus working a bolt is fun.
>>
>>31935386
that seems wrong
i bought a 10/22 takedown like 3 years ago in ca for $430 otd and thought i overpaid
550 is help help im getting assraped panic buy price
>>
>>31935423
FSC, DROS, and tax.
>>
>>31935423
I'll trust a used 10/22 but I'd be taking a gamble with a used AR7, take that what you will.

Will be getting a new production one for a nephew who is super into Gunsmith Cats because they apparently shaped up thier game but if he wasn't I'd be getting a 10/22 takedown.
>>
>>31935439
yeah the base price on mine was like 300-350 dont remember.. tax and dros made it 430 out the door. fsc wasnt a thing back then but its only 25 bucks
>>
>>31935257
>Ruger appears to be twice the price on average though

Yeah, because it's a way better gun.

Which would you rather have, a decent gun or a cheap piece of shit?

Nevermind the fact that you're quibbling over literally $100. You're going to spend triple that in ammo your first month unless you just keep it in your closet all day.
>>
>>31935297
That doesn't happen on the 10/22 unless you didn't follow the instructions about the tightening ring when you first get the gun. Some of the reviews out there specifically tested whether the gun shot differently between being taken apart and reassembled via comparisons of 5 shot groups off of a rest and found that there was no discernable difference.
>>
>>31936352
that was about the ar7
>>
>>31935415
Is it a takedown like the 10/22?
>>
>>31934538
just get a regular 10/22
>>
I've seen a takedown loosen up under sling pressure and shift zero mid-string.

I don't think that's necessarily super common, but it was enough to bump me off the takedown train.
>>
i wish they made something like this that everyone doesnt hate. It really does break down into a small package, that little chiappa badger doesnt even fold the fuck in half.
>>
>>31934538
Like everyone else has said, a 10/22 would be better.

I've heard my dad talk about wanting one of these all his life. I guess his dad almost bought him one when he was a kid, but my Grandmother knocked that down. Last year, I bought him one for his birthday. I could tell he was disappointed in it when we took it to the range.
>>
I got one for 275 and I love it. I have no complaints, no problems, nothing. I like taking it kayaking with me, stays dry, I can do target practice. Really a great little gun if you're just looking to buy a new gun or to have something that isn't ridiculously common. However it's it will be your only gun, or you don't love the breakdown and won't need that, I'd say move on to something else.
>>
>>31934538
Survival rifles are a way of life, quite honestly.

I mean, this thread has already addressed a number of much better firearms, but that's clearly not the point with these ones.

What I found out with Little Badger is that it is so lightweight that it reacts to every slightest movement I make. It almost reacts to my heartbeat. You Really have to exhale and stabilize yourself to hit the target with that thing freehand. It can do it, the question is can you do it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.