[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any specific laws for states that forbid pistol grips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: GUN-409_F.jpg (147KB, 1200x763px) Image search: [Google]
GUN-409_F.jpg
147KB, 1200x763px
Are there any specific laws for states that forbid pistol grips on pump shotguns? What about pump shotguns with detatchable magazines?
>>
>>31931404
I'm from New York, pistol grips are fine on shotguns as long as they're not semi auto. What state are you in, anon?
>>
>>31931404
If you are Norwegian I will fucking kick your teeth in.
>>
>>31931502
I am from NJ. I am just curious to see what states regulate pump shotguns and to what extent. The new gun control will obviously go hard on semi autos but what about pumps?
>>
>>31931404

No restrictions on grips in Texas.
>>
>>31931666
>Satan wants us all to move to Texas
But of course.
>>
File: 500px-Ampsy-glock1.jpg (27KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Ampsy-glock1.jpg
27KB, 500x238px
>>31931666
>>31931688
>>
OP here, does anybody have a website that links to each state with good information? I've been going through wikis and the NRA website but none of them actually carry any legal wording or links to the actual state laws.
>>
>>31931886
batfe is required to collect and publish state gun laws annually, see 5300.5P

heres an older edition
https://www.atf.gov/file/58536/download
>>
>>31931598
NJ here we are better than NY

For now atleast. As shit as Christie is the next Gov will likely be very anti gun and bring us to NY levels
>>
>>31932051
NY here, pump action is good to go. Even AR stule platforms with pump action can be as scurry as you want.
>>
>>31931404
there are legitimately no grip or mag or stock restrictions on pumps in MA

the only length restriction is the ATF one.
>>
>>31931404
All AWBs exclusively target semi autos in the USA
The only odd exceptions are bans that ban double action revolving shotguns.

Pretty much the only instance of banning a pump action with a pistol grip is here in NYC where the pump-action only SAS12 was banned. But it wasn't banned specifically for the fact it was a pump action with a grip, but because it was lumped up with its semi auto cousin, the SPAS-12 in the AWB of NYC

But for the most part, you will not find any place that bans pistol grips on a pump shotgun
>>
TX anon here
"The way i understand it"
ATF defines a shotgun as being fired from the shoulder
Buying a pistolgrip shotgun , one without a stock, makes it a "other" firearm
As in "other than a rifle or pistol"
This firearm may only be purchased by a person age 21 or over.
Puting a grip in addition to the stock makes no diffrence to the atf but may classify to the state as a "non sporting weapon"
Shotguns follow similar laws as AR virgin recievers. If you ever put a stock on it or if it ever had a stock on it, it is now a "SHOTGUN" and NOT "OTHER"
"Other" firearms are commonly reffered to as Pistol Grip Only shotguns or PGO shotguns
ATF says "SHOTGUNS" must have a barrel length of at least 18" (measured correctly , with a dowel or cleaning rod , from the breach face to the furthest end of the muzzle or permenatly attached muzzle device.
The overall length of the SHOTGUN must be 26 inches. ( this is correctly measured fully extended, from end of "stock" to end of muzzle or permently attached device.
Permently attached usually means soldered or welded
>>
>>31932350
****Correcetion
>as in other than shotgun OR RIFLE
>>
>>31932350
he said state law
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.