[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you say something like pic related is actually useful on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 3855994783_7f7cd35781.jpg (127KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
3855994783_7f7cd35781.jpg
127KB, 375x500px
Would you say something like pic related is actually useful on a real conflict?

How would you implement it? Who would you choose to use it?

Do you think the media would throw a fit over it?
>>
>>31929748
sooper sekret spec opps assasination squads
>>
>>31929748
soldiers that BTFO everyone and everything?

yeah I would say it would be useful, if it were real.
>>
>>31929748
>Would you say something like pic related is actually useful on a real conflict?
No; he didn't beat the Power Rangers once.
>>
First nano suit > suit from 2 and 3 crysis
>>
>>31929748
Too expensive to mass produce.

If it could actually exist, it would be for the top 0.1%
>>
File: the-guyver-dvd1.jpg (17KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
the-guyver-dvd1.jpg
17KB, 182x268px
>>31929748
Is Mark Hamill in that thing?
>>
>>31929748
A symbiotic alien suit that overcomes and incorporates the consciousness of the wearer? Not really.

If it was just nanotech that WASN'T symbiotic then fuck yes, if they could make it not $1.000.000.000. I have a boner for it. Just wish it was as fast as NanoSuit 1
>>
>>31929807
third post best post
>>
It wouldn't be impossible to construct.
Powering it in the field, however, would be.
>>
File: Mjolnir mk4.png (2MB, 780x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Mjolnir mk4.png
2MB, 780x1800px
>>31929748
I'd use it as a stop-gap for a real suit of power armor.
>>
>>31929798
>soldiers that BTFO everyone and everything?
Are you kiding? Doom guy shits on without any fancy nanotechnology. Crysis guy was total downgrade from preceding infantry combat technology, very weak, slow and vulnerable.
>>
>>31931458
You know how Doomtards are so proud of the fact that doom guy can run at 57mph? A nanosuit operator can do over 100.

He can also kick and punch cars into the air, jump two stories high, go invisible and take hits from 30mm autocannons.

Sorry your character has been eclipsed since 2007.
>>
>>31931458
>Crysis guy was total downgrade from preceding infantry combat technology

I don't think you know what half these words mean.
>>
>>31930037
>First nanosuit with .cfg file alterations for super duper speed, speed, invincibility and unlimited energy > first nano suit > suit from 2 and 3 crysis
>>
>>31931531
Crydude can carry 2(MP) or 4(SP+akimbo) guns and their ammo.

Doomguy can carry 10+ammo.

>He can also kick and punch cars into the air
>Jump two stories high
In strength mode before recharging
>go invisible
For 30 seconds, less if moving, negated by shooting/taking damage
>take hits from 30mm autocannons
1, 2 hits?
>Sorry your character has been eclipsed since 2007.
Sorry your franchise's 3rd game sucked, too.

Doomguy needs an adrenaline module to tear demons in half vertically, so that's something.
>>
>>31930640
Mark Hamill wasn't The Guyver. he was just a cop who gets turned into a giant roach at the end.
>>
>>31931853
At least you've done your homework
>>
>>31931531
>A nanosuit operator can do over 100.
But he can't. His top speed in the same 50-60mph but he can't maintain it only several seconds. Low energy.
>>
>>31929748

Soldiers will always be cheap (military industrial complex aside. Those aren't real soldiers, just money making business).

Now, if we're talking special forces or assassins, then expensive shit like this would make sense.
>>
>>31929748
I think soldiers will better armor made of newly discovered chemicals but never any power suits. We will definitely be getting laser and a plasma guns in the future. I think our timeline has militaries investing in the drone department. Killing machines controlled with a modded Xbox controller.
>>
>>31929748
I want to FUCK in that,
>>
>>31930575
I've never understood why military equipment is ever expensive to produce.
Typically, it's just high-grade engineering using fairly simple technology, which can easily be mass produced once you've got a way to automate production of the components.
>>
>>31929748
It would permit a single person to take over the functions of squads, so we'd move like this:

Rome and medieval: Huge armies
Today: Small squads and asymmetrical warfare
1 year after successful Crysis suit dev: Opposite asymmetrical warfare: 1 man from Crysis-tech country against small squad of non-Crysis-tech country.
10 years after that: Small squads of Crysis suits

This is what I THINK will happen. In Crysis you usually go alone against more enemies, so I think it might be not too far off
>>
>>31937234
Intellectual property rights, and big weapons companies holding a monopoly on the industry. In addition, only the big weapons companies have the licenses and capital to develop advanced systems for militaries
>>
>>31936597
Soldiers aint cheap. At least not in the west. Its not like losing a warship, but you don't just let your solders die if you can help it.
>>
>>31929748
I would personally use it to have Wakamoto whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB6o6FAgVyI
>>
>>31930640
Those movies came out 15-20 years before they could be done right.
>>
Nice, except I'd need a larger codpiece.

Once the lead starts flying and the erection starts, I'm going to be in a lot of pain without a significantly more substantial bit of growing room.

Unless Hillary wins, in which case, society will collectively have its balls removed before any conflict can occur, and no codpieces will be required at all.
>>
>>31931234
Now we're talking
>>
>>31929748
If it didn't bond to your skin and didn't hook you up to the Ceph hive mind, it could work. It would definitely be an excellent weapon in the middle east, mainly closer combat in villages. Longer range combat, like on highways and shit would fucking suck. There's no place for a nanosuit at a distance. A full fireteam of these things would easily take down hundreds, if not thousands of goat fuckers, PER SOLDIER. Infiltration missions would be a breeze with these things, and with the huge jumps you can make with them, clearing buildings can be made easier. Atrium become some combination of a one-way window and a choke-point, where non-augmented soldiers can be easily flanked/ambushed and taken down by a single nanosuit user when near areas with ledges leading up to them, or near maintenance areas. Give a nanosuit user some C4, and blowing holes in walls to create ambush points becomes an easily implemented tactic. The durability of the nanosuit allows the soldier to get closer to the explosion, so there's less time between the breach and the soldier entering the new hole. The artificial muscles make hand to hand combat suddenly a death sentence for the opfor, and they also allow a nanosuit user to become a human forklift, making exoskeletons look like a thing of the past.
In a combat situation against a developed country, however, things become a bit fuzzy. The durability becomes the only advantage a battle involving vehicles and troops, and I'm sure a nanosuit is extremely expensive, so supplying every soldier with one is a dumb idea. In an urban combat situation against a developed nation, nanosuit users would be better put to use in ambushes, building clearing, and other situations where surprise is needed, or where CQC can be expected.

Cont
>>
They could in theory be used as reinforcements for units pinned down, or as recon units tagging targets and transmitting data to allies, but beyond that, the only other use I could see for nanosuit troopers is as snipers, and in that role, their only advantages are getting to hidden positions safely with their cloaking abilities and using their magnification abilities to spot targets. If they had predator bows, then things start to look really good in many situations, but since we seem to be focusing on the suit, and not the guns or bows, that doesn't really help.
>>
>>31930640
>>31931884
it was solid snek as guyver, wasn't it?
>>
>>31939131
David Hayter in the second movie. Jack Armstrong in the first.
>>
>>31929748
go away
stop asking
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.