[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So on the off chance nukes came flying at us on the west coast,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

So on the off chance nukes came flying at us on the west coast, I mean lets say NK got some chinese nukes or something

Are we far along enough to shoot them down? Do we have defenses for ICBMS?
>>
>>31925949
One or two? Sure.

The US has about 30-45 big boy GMDs, split up between the artic and the west coast.
>>
>>31925949
We have enough to defend all but California, because fuck them.
>>
>>31925955
>>31925949

Not to mention the defenses we are not even briefed on.

If a nuke makes it to the US then it was because someone in power wanted it to.
>>
>>31925949
Keeping the production speed of like SM-6 in mind and that most of them are in Europe and on ships you'd probably be better off on the other coast
>>
>>31925969

Odd since the west coast would be the primary target

LA, Seattle, Vegas Has Mcarran airforce base, arizona etc
>>
>>31925961
More likly you got out teched.

America is not the pinackel of technology. As hard as hollywood wants you to belive it.
>>
>>31925949
Just duck and cover, and you will be fine.
>>
>>31925961

or because someone launched enough ballistic missiles to overwhelm the defenses, or because some other method was used for delivery (cruise missiles from a submarine or bomber, SLBMs launched on depressed trajectories, etc).

The norks can't even manage to get the handful of missiles they have to work reliably, so I wouldn't be too worried about them, but the Chinese, Russians, or anybody else with a serious nuclear program isn't going to be stopped by missile defenses.
>>
>>31925977
But the west coast would probably be better prepared for incoming missiles. The best place is the one that is the farest from any missile silos
>>
>>31925982
Chinese could be stopped, being that they work off of minimum deterrence and keep nuclear components separated for security measures.
>>
>>31925959
I would say fuck you because I live in California, but then I remember I would gladly die if it meant this shit blue state also died. So I'm just here with your daily reminder that democrats aren't real people.
>>
>>31925949

Las vegas would be a primary target because of Nellis and the dam, but it would also be the most well protected area out of the whole west coast save seattle
>>
File: 1385010597976.png (466KB, 1011x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1385010597976.png
466KB, 1011x1316px
>>31925959
>>
>>31925949
>Are we far along enough to shoot them down?
Yes

>Do we have defenses for ICBMS?
Yes. Probably a dozen at best
>>
>>31925977
For the DPRK, primary target would likely be urban areas.

>>31925969
The GBI's are in Alaska and California.
>>
>>31927763
Norks would be far better off trying to smuggle in a suitcase than launch a missile that has a much higher failure risk knowing them. I wouldn't trust their missiles to reliably make it to Hokkaido, much less LA.
>>
>>31928489
Can't make one that fits in a suitcase
>>
File: Screen-324337.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Screen-324337.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>31928489
I'm more worried about the snuke in Hillary's snatch
>>
File: c3a.jpg (563KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
c3a.jpg
563KB, 1200x800px
>>31925955
We have a 3 tier system to include ones that intercept in space, which is what anon is referencing here. We have 4 in CA and 24 in Alaska, with more otw in 2017.

Also, we have the short/medium range Patriot missiles. Tons of those.

Now, we have ship (and maybe sub) launched medium to inner orbit range anti-missiles on a classified # of ships.

Patriots are everywhere and plentiful as they are the main defense against multiple nuke capable ICBMs, and if a fuck ton of these are launched, you will need the patriots to get the individual nukes that the other systems couldn't shoot down.
>>
>>31931796
>(and maybe sub)
No.

> a classified # of ships.
There are 33 BMD capable Aegis ships.

>Patriots are everywhere and plentiful as they are the main defense against multiple nuke capable ICBMs
Never post again. PAC-3 is intended for theater ballistic missiles, not ICBM, and they are certainly not "everywhere" in the United States.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.