[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the argument in not owning guns if you're suicidal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1472706132343.png (480KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1472706132343.png
480KB, 600x525px
What's the argument in not owning guns if you're suicidal?
I could easily kill myself with a steak knife but don't.
>>
>>31925385
>I could easily kill myself with a steak knife but don't.

Then why haven't you?
>>
>>31925385

Either man the fuck up and an hero or get a Glock .40 since you no longer fear death.
>>
>>31925385
from a suicidal bro to another, just post the sauce.
>>
File: 1458436128282.png (402KB, 452x510px) Image search: [Google]
1458436128282.png
402KB, 452x510px
>nobody answers OPs question
>>
>>31925385
because youd have to be a masochist to kys with a steak knife whereas guns are quick easy and dont involve having second thoughts while you lay bleeding out
>>
>>31926658
Quick and easy to pull the trigger, at least. It's also surprisingly easy to fuck it up and survive as a cripple or a vegetable.
>>
You really don't want to stab or slash yourself with a knife to commit suicide.

Not only the chances of you fucking up failing are reasonably high but it really fucking hurts and since it takes a bit long for you to die, it is easier to change your minds about killing yourself.
>>
Because a steak knife is going to be painful, your body will have an instinct to not harm itself and you're probably going to be so nervous that instead of ending yourself quick and easy, you'll end up paralyzed with pain and bleeding out on the floor for hours.

Whereas putting a gun in your mouth will be like hesitating to jump off a slightly too tall a jump when going to the beach with your 'friends'. Just pull the trigger and you're done.
>>
>>31926691
If you aren't mentally retarded and put a .22 to the roof of your mouth, the chances of that happening are basically nonexistent.

9mm and up is virtually guaranteed to kill you instantly.
>>
The argument, and truth is, many people who are suicidal are just one step away from homicidal. No one gives a flying fuck if it's easy for you to kill yourself, but when you're that mentally unbalanced and have a firearm capable of ending others, you can't be trusted. This is all after a formal psychic evaluation though, so normally it's not an issue.

I know a lady who was admitted to a psychiatric ward for a suicidal tendencies, and only I know that if it wasn't for her husband showing up, she was going to drive off a bridge with her kids in the backseat. That's why firearms and depression can't mix. It becomes Colombine.

And it's not the "durrhurr, I'm white and male, I can't stand this life anymore. I don't care there's oppurtunities, sometimes I just want to end it". No, it's about actually suicidal, unbalanced people. No one wants a Colombine because some suicidal crazy fuck got sneezed on while walking down the hallway. You have to be mentally competent, not just in gun safety, but in the value of life. Anyone who says otherwise is an autistic nigger who needs to give up their guns.
>>
>>31926726
So look, I'm a hero. I answered the OP'S question. Whoopdy doo
>>
>>31926704
You are incorrect. They still rely on relatively good shot placement. You know who's not good at shooting themselves in the right spot? People off-kilter enough to attempt suicide.
>>
>>31925385
I've had my problems, a lot of depression and shot over the years. Just sorts runs in the family, and I live in MN so seasonal depression is a must. But as bad as its been, I've never looked to my firearms as a way out.

I mean, if I'm gunna die, why waste something like my own life if it's just gunna end up as a statistic for Hillary to use?
>>
>>31925385

Because the odds of you doing it right the first time are lower with a knife.

See blood, feel pain, realize this sucks and call an ambulance like a pansy. Never going to do that again.

Gunshot to head or heart, probably won't live to regret it.

Still, dont use a gun because it fucks with our gun rights. Asshole.
>>
>>31926418
bouken elektriciteit tou

Also, reverse searching an image does wonders.
>>
>>31925477
OP Really needs his problem solved.
>>
It's not about the risk of suicide but rather the risk of murder suicide. Firearms are extremely destructive to a mentally ill individual.

In Canada, suicide isn't illegal.
>>
>>31925385
Basic premise I've always heard was that a gun killed quickly with no chance to change your mind or have your life saved.

Which is pretty shitty reasoning since suicide rates remain unchanged after banning firearms. All that happens is a change of method. Plus a properly set up noose is a one way trip. Ditto with a short walk off a tall cliff (or building, bridge, etc).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.