[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been less than a month since I bought my first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0006.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
It's been less than a month since I bought my first gun and I just walked out the door of my local range with a glock 19. I was there to try out some potential carry pieces. I decided to start with the 19. I've tried glocks before (17, 34, 43) and hated them, but this one seemed to fit right in my hand. After getting used to the trigger I was shooting groupings that were just as good as my Hi Power (which fits like a glove)

150 rounds later I returned it and I saw that they had them there for $529. I haven't seen them online cheaper than that (when you factor in shipping and FFL costs that is) so I just said fuck it. I went with the Gen 3 because it's cheaper and I just didn't like the grips on the Gen 4 at all.

1.Did I do good? some people hate the Gen 3 and call it a glocknade or whatever but I assume that's an exaggeration, just like people told me the Hi Power trigger is impossible with the mag release but I got used to it pretty quickly. I've also heard some people don't like the mag release but I have big hands so it doesn't bother me

2.It squeaks when I rack the slide. Should I be concerned about that? is there any way to stop it. It's a brand new glock so I assume this is normal and will subside with a quick lube and a break in period, but I just want to be sure.

3.Speaking of lube, how much am I supposed to lube this thing? I've heard of "over-lubrication" on these things. Should I fire some rounds through it before I lube it up, or give it a once over first?

Anyway this thing is comfy as fuck. Never thought I'd use the words "Glock" and "Comfy" in the same sentence, but there it is. R.I.P. my bank account
>>
>>31919147
Congrats on purchasing the greatest all around handgun ever made. It won't blow up in your hand, shoot factory loads or load your own. You can modify the trigger pull Yourself with a spring kit and YouTube videos, it's relatively easy. The squeak is normal with new Glocks, it'll go away over time. You barely need to lube it, if at all it's up to you. If you do just drop a dot on each side of the slide where it meets the frame, and rub it down the towards the barrel. Have fun
>>
>>31919194
Coming from a browning Hi Power the trigger aint that bad. Come to think of it that was a great starter gun for me. I was able to move from barely being able to hit a 12 inch target to working on trying to hit inside the red bullseye within 3 trips to the range.
>>
>>31919227
The real issue besides the trigger with factory Glocks are the sights. The factory sights are God awful, I'd recommend getting some new ones, maybe some trijicons of you're gonna carry it. The factory sights are too obtrusive, and cover too much of your target area, making tighter groups harder to come by
>>
>>31919147
>3.Speaking of lube, how much am I supposed to lube this thing? I've heard of "over-lubrication" on these things. Should I fire some rounds through it before I lube it up, or give it a once over first?
read the fucking manual
its all there
>>
>>31919302
drawing a cc weapon

using sights

nigger wat?
>>
>>31919147
It sounds like you were impatient and got ripped off because you had to settle for something.

>some people hate the Gen 3 and call it a glocknade or whatever but I assume that's an exaggeration
and did zero research
>>
>>31919423
You do realize there is a possibility you have to engage someone not in point shoot range? Or possibly at night in your home? Or a 1,000 other what if scenarios that would justify purchasing decent sights, fuckin day/k/are I swear
>>
>>31919635
I'll probably get night sights. Seems like a good idea.
>>
>>31919635
Using those sights during the daylight hours may get you killed. Night won't help you either
>>
>>31919754
Fuck those aftermarket sights. Use that money to get gud
>>
>>31920096
Have....have you ever seen night sights?
>>
Don't listen to this guy.
>>31920096

>>31919754
These are pretty good for day and night shooting. I literally did not check anywhere else for better prices so don't just buy these without searching for a cheaper price.
https://www.amazon.com/TruGlo-Bright-Site-Handgun-Sight/dp/B009138VV2
>>
>>31920096
I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>31920335
Okay, let me clarify for you. You have a threat where you need to draw your weapon. Are you telling me that you're going to attempt to take the time to sight that threat?
Bang
>>
>>31920188
stupid questions deserve stupid answers
>>
>>31920096
>Noguns: The Post
>>
>>31919147
Spend money on range time and ammo
Fuck that stoopid bingbling that you think you should add to the weapon.
No fuckin silly lights either
>>
>>31919147

ykno i tried not to like glocks, i really fucking did. i bought an m&p, uspc etc and id always just come right back to it because it fits great in my hand and shoots good.

the only downside for me is it doesnt feel like a gun, it feels like a shooting appliance.
>>
>>31920466
>All shooting situations are like a single hypothetical situation I've imagined or read about over /k/
You plan for every situation, that would include having proper sights to engage a target. You don't setup your CC gun around one hypothetical situation, you try to carry one that would handle the worst SHTF moment you can imagine. So yes, you might be engaged in a firefight with a target behind cover or a moving target at a distance, in which case you'll be using sights
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31920491
>>
>>31920563
yeah, that'll happen
>>
>>31920550
I was the opposite. I really didn't like them at first. I wanted to because I thought they looked cool. It was the 19 that kind of turned me around on them. I fired 150 rounds through it and the more I shot it the more I liked it.

>the only downside for me is it doesnt feel like a gun, it feels like a shooting appliance.

It's the simplicity combined with the lack of ergonomics I think.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.