[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dad buys a .444 marlin that he couldn't load >he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 0f1.jpg (32KB, 309x266px) Image search: [Google]
0f1.jpg
32KB, 309x266px
>dad buys a .444 marlin that he couldn't load
>he asked on /k/ and they suggested taking the spring and follower out to see if its that or the ammo itself
>calls me this morning, tells me it worked and for me to come over
>mom's making breakfast and dad's by the gunsafe
>has gun pointed away, loads it
>his hand is nowhere near trigger but gun suddenly goes off while he's holding it
>.444 marlin is now 2 feet deep in a concrete foundation
>little sister might be deaf in 1 ear
So what was your first ND /k/?
>>
File: Trigger discipline-1.png (552KB, 720x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Trigger discipline-1.png
552KB, 720x1075px
>>31918081
>Hand is nowhere near trigger.
>ND
Anon...
>>
>>31918173
He was unloading it and the hammer just suddenly flew forwards while he was pulling it back
>>
>>31918081
Proof that advice on /k/ is more than a little dangerous. Btw, tell your dad to stay the fuck on /pol/
>>
>>31918215
Operator error
>>
>All firearms must be treated as if they're loaded and ready to fire at all times even if you're 110% sure they aren't. Never point a firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot.

>A loaded firearm may discharge at any time without warning or apparent cause. See rule #1.

>Always be sure of your target, your surroundings and what's beyond your target before loading a firearm.
>>
>>31918897
I take it to the next level. When it's in pieces on the table, it's still loaded.

When it's still a steel billet, it's still loaded.

When it's still ore, it's still loaded.

When the ore is in the ground, it's still loaded.

It's always loaded.
>>
>>31918897
>>All firearms must be treated as if they're loaded and ready to fire at all times even if you're 110% sure they aren't. Never point a firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot.
>put gun on table
>after putting it down i've now pointed it at a wall i dont intend to shoot
oh no guess im irresponsible xD
>>
>>31918897
He followed all these rules. It was pointed at a 4 foot thick concrete wall. He just didn't pull the hammer far back enough
>>
>>31918931
Anon the atf doesn't consider ore or billets lower than 81% a weapon. So its super safe and can't fire even if it evens
>>
>>31919074
That sounds like operator error. Its not the gun's fault that he didn't pull the hammer back.
>>
Sorry OP, but that was all your dads fault. 1, trusting /k/ ever, cause there's a lot of noguns shitposters
2 - you should never load a firearm unless you intend to discharge it. I had a close to ND scenario with my shotgun when I first got it, and it was enough to learn my lesson
>>
>>31918931
Okay Ivan, not everything is bomb...
>>
>>31920231
I never said it was the gun's fault. I wouldn't be calling it an ND if it went off by itself, i'd be calling it fucking voodoo
>>
>>31918081

Your first ND was a .444 Marlin... Inside? And you gave it a mafia burial?

Lmao
>>
>>31920597
Goddamn son read that post again at least once.
>>
>>31918081
Wait wut. My 444 Marlin has a halfcock hammer safety. If I let it go it just stops at halfcock. Does his not have that? I assumed all lever guns had that as standard.
>>
>>31918253
So just to clarify, I think k's advice was sound but his dad just let the hammer go too early
>>
>>31921144
His was made in like 1910 I think. No halfcock safety
>>
>>31921179
This. He was thumbing down the hammer and is a fucking dumbass who fucked up and let it fall. What a retard.
>>
>>31918081
Is your little sister taken away yet?
>>
>>31921184
I would see about getting a new sear or having yours worked in order to have the halfcock feature. Otherwise I wouldn't feel good about a round in the chamber cause something could hit the back of the hammer and it would go off.
>>
>>31918215
>and the hammer just suddenly flew forwards

aka "he let go of the hammer"
>>
>>31920382

Cool clock, Ahmed
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.