[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British fucker over here, can someone explain the appeal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

File: Union Jack.png (13KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Union Jack.png
13KB, 1280x640px
British fucker over here, can someone explain the appeal of using a gun?
>>
>>31917252
The power to resist being fucked over.
>>
It's fun.

/Thread
>>
File: 1447632944322.jpg (91KB, 600x831px) Image search: [Google]
1447632944322.jpg
91KB, 600x831px
>>31917252
>>
File: SDC10425.jpg (3MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
SDC10425.jpg
3MB, 2736x3648px
>>31917252
Canuck here. They're fun as fuck, or perhaps as you might say, 'fun as all buggery'. The biggest appeal for me, personally, is the history. Owning a piece of WWI or WWII history, to handle it, it's like shaking the hand of an old Veteran. At least, that's how I see it.

Pic related are all English gentlemen born between 1896-1945 or so. Likely these chaps have been present at the Boer War, WWI, and WWII. Wouldn't you like to shake their hands?
>>
>>31917252
Its the weapon of equality
>>
>>31917252
> original Brexit
>>
>>31917304
Did anything come out of Brexit besides the British Pound losing value?
>>
>>31917252
Two things:

First of all: Sheer, testosterone-fueled happiness in destruction. You point at things, there's a bang and recoil, and whatever you're pointing at is shattered, smashed, or otherwise destroyed. It's incredibly fun.

Secondly: Preparedness. When you do not have a gun, anyone who has one has power over you. They can point their gun at you, and you have no control over your life anymore. Anywhere you're walking in public, for all you know, anyone around you could have a gun, and therefore have power over you should they choose to use it. When you carry a gun, that power balance is no longer there. You don't have to fear anything except ambushes or groups of people attacking you. It's no longer the case that anyone who happens to have a gun can have ultimate power over you at their leisure. It's a comforting thought.

Third, it's a useful skill. (for those that actually practice their marksmanship rather than just plinking). When you need a gun, not only do you need a gun, you need to be good at using it, so you might as well be ready.
>>
The ability to not have he government reject referendum results.
>>
>>31917298
/thread
>>
>>31917298
>>31917368

Then he can just post the Pulse nightclub as a rebuttal.
>>
>>31917355
No.
At this point, no one even knows if it will happen.
>>
>>31917252
Long range target shooting is like 3d bowling. Hearing steel ring at a thousand meters is very satisfying.

Plus, watching the bullet trace as it flys downrange is really fun. You can see that here: https://youtu.be/nVFFoNOy1tU?t=749
>>
>>31917375
>Club filled with limp wristed fags shooting an attacker
Nah, they're too busy making their partners gun go off in their ass.
>>
File: 1447460665911.jpg (53KB, 634x436px) Image search: [Google]
1447460665911.jpg
53KB, 634x436px
>>31917252
Maybe this will ring a bell.
>>
File: Glorious Pound Dropage.jpg (103KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
Glorious Pound Dropage.jpg
103KB, 600x422px
OP here, I live in the country so I could probably get a hunting rifle or something, though I'd have to jump through a shit ton of hoops to get it, would it be worth it?
>>
>>31917409
>doesn't count because reasons
Why do americlaps always move the goalposts?
>>
Fun!
>hunting
>trap shooting
>target shooting (long range, moving targets)
>waking the neighbours
>pest control (wild cats, seals, noplis)
>compensating for lack of athleticism, penis size, breast size, or all of the above, and more
Not even a Yank, if you think it matters.
>>
>>31917252
Hunting

t. Brit with a Mossberg
>>
>>31917252
American fucker over here, can you explain the appeal of applying for a fork permit?
>>
>>31917365
>The ability to not have he government reject referendum results.

you're a special brand of ignorant of reality, aren't you?
>>
>>31917252
Is not about "appeal" is about having a tool to defend yourself.
>ib4 fight with your fists like a man
if you have any experience fighting irl you would not than that is not the solution.
Besides recreational purposes of course.
>>
Fight tyranny. We did it what 230 years ago. It will have to happen again.
>>
>>31917302

This is my reason.

The only problem we have in canada with guns is suicide, and that's more of a mental health problem. If someone is decided on ending their life, they will find a rope or knife. Guns are just quicker

Those are some nice enfield,
>>
>>31917433

If you have the money to spend and you intend to use the gun, yes
>>
>>31917263
This, annoys the shit outta that everyone always try's to justify there's gun with "muh self defense" "muh power feeling" I love guns because there fucking fun, cool as hell and A E S T H E T I C as fuck, just generally everything about them. I have never bought a gun because I fear my saftey or those around me fight me fagits.
>>
I guess it would be hard to explain the idea of personal freedom to someone who has no concept of it.
>>
File: 1469119698486.jpg (27KB, 212x218px) Image search: [Google]
1469119698486.jpg
27KB, 212x218px
>>31917263

>/threading your own post
>>
>>31918320
>posting that guy from Jurassic park
>>
>>31917252
American fucker over here, can someone explain the appeal of TV licenses?
>>
>>31917252
British guy here.

Shoot one and you'll find out.
>>
>>31918209
They certainly are some beauties, yup. I've also handled two Lithgow Mk.III*s before, but I've yet to enjoy a Longbranch or Ishapore. Not really interested in the Savages. Something I'm REALLY looking forward to though, probably even more than the Mini 14 and Norinco M1A that I plan to get for my first .223 and .308, is some day owning a Brown Bess and Baker Rifle. I want to own those so bad.

>Haven't shot a musket yet
>Haven't even shot anything that uses black powder
>Don't even know what burnt black powder smells like
>Probably like corrosive surplus?

My body is so fucking ready; I want to party like it's 1799... in the case of the Baker Rifle, I guess more like 1809. Make my own paper cartridges, maybe even make my own lead balls if I can get the setup for it. Hickok45 tends to use his own separate ramrod, which is fine, but I'll be always using the one that comes with the firearm undoubtedly. Try to practice to the point that I can get off 3 shots per minute with the Bess. Probably won't manage that with the Baker, though.
>>
>>31918326
>implying you need one
Why are you even watching TV still? The internet exists Grandad.
>>
>>31917252

I don't understand what the fun of fishing is but I like going shooting. Since I know there are gun clubs in Britain maybe you should go ask someone closer.

For me lots of fun practicing marksmanship and hunting. I can't bow hunt anymore due to a injury but I still hunt with firearms.

>>31917433

It did strike me when I lived in Britain that the shooting/hunting sports were a bastion of the elite upper class and in the US everyone could do it (I could be wrong, it's subjective). As far as I know none of my immediate co-workers did anything like it. Supposedly there were a few guys in other groups that had fun birding. Maybe asking here is the correct thing. I would ask locally though. They would know the hoops and benefits better. As aside I would say Blair did win his Fox-hunting bet.
>>
File: 1390281984646.gif (499KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1390281984646.gif
499KB, 270x270px
>>31917252
Can you explain to me the appeal in doing anything where you have to try to precisely hit a mark?

Explain the appeal of
>bowling
>horseshoe pitching
>darts
>any game where the goal is to put an object through or on a precise area

Shooting is much the same, but it serves a purpose outside of pleasure. Now, git.
>>
I'll have to put it in terms you might understand.

How else are you going to forcibly colonize an area without arms?

>>31917375
How so? Both were attacks in gun-free zones perpetrated by Muslims.
>>
>>31917259
FBPB.

Why you're British and even ask the question. Cuz we btfo your shit Nation with guns, and decided it's a good idea to keep them.
>>
>>31918418
>It did strike me when I lived in Britain that the shooting/hunting sports were a bastion of the elite upper class and in the US everyone could do it
Indeed, it's fascinating how instead here in the US it's egalitarian and is more divided by urban/rural. It likely extends from the frontier/settler culture where everybody hunts versus merely being a privilege for the aristocracy instead of the peasants who don't have land to hunt on anyway.
>>
File: jMCBFHu.jpg (90KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
jMCBFHu.jpg
90KB, 500x707px
>>31918350

I have a Brown Bess, .50cal Hawkin rifle and a Martini Henri (sort of)

Black powder is fucking awesome. Be prepared to go full in though. It is time consuming and can be expensive. You need a lot of special tools and cleaning materials and BP is very expensive and they are a bitch to clean. Very dirty

I mould my own shot from lead wheel weights. Just go to a tire place and by a 100lb pail for like $20. For flintlocks I use FFFFg for primer and Pyrodex as the charge to save money. Pyrodex is utter shit to ignite but it burns well and is cheaper than BP. All BP with magnum caps for my Hawkin. I kinda wrecked my Martini Henry for the mo but it should be fine. Making Brass cartridges by hand is such a pain and soooo expensive (.577-.450) hasn't existed in over 80 years

I love making paper cartridges for my Bess though. I even have an authentic Cartridge box I can carry them around in since they take up so much space and can ve delicate to handle

https://www.youtube.com/user/britishmuzzleloaders

This dude has the best channel for that type of stuff. Great videos and a huge wealth of info.
>>
>>31917252
It's like the fun of archery (or divegrass if you've never shot a bow either) mixed with the fun of fireworks.
>>
>>31918692
>How else are you going to forcibly colonize an area without arms?

Nuke it, everyone gets sweet radiation suits to wear, everyone wins!

Also britbong here, guns are fucking awesome. Shot full auto funz at Battlefield Vegas and my jeans got a lot tighter.

>tfw M4A1 scared the shit out of my wife so i got an extra half mag to shoot.
>tfw malnourished Ethiopian children can control the recoil from an AK47 better than you can
>>
>>31917252
God created Man, Colt made them equal.
>>
Is hunting even allowed in Britain? Genuinely asking
>>
>>31919310
Pheasant hunting is extremely popular in the UK along with Deer Stalking.
>>
>>31917252
A)Fun
B) The last avenues of survival and self determination are always force. Firearms are insurance. If someone is looking to kill you/rape you/etc, they allow you to be at least as able to defend yourself as they are able to attack.
>>
File: orwell on guns.jpg (89KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
orwell on guns.jpg
89KB, 850x400px
>>31917252
You didn't do your job.

Now look at you.
>>
>>31919310

Watch this mofo in action. He is a stone cold killer. Like an anti-aircraft battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84haPv5JBnU

And this is just insane shooting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teixm6JMw_k
>>
>>31919310
Texas here, of fucking course it is. How new are you? Even if you read the thread you'd know it's possible to own a gun in Britain, it's just a huge pain in the ass to get one.
>>
>>31917709
Underrated post
>>
>>31919310
Not on the Kings Land!

In ancient Britain only the Lord's could hunt because the deforested so much of the land. That's why the first batch of Americans starved the first few years and we're reliant on Indians for trade. They had to learn to hunt because it was forbidden and considered poaching in England.
>>
>>31917375
Rebuttal of what? An armed guard pushed the killer back into the bathroom, reducing the number of faggots getting killed.
>>
>>31917375
If even a tenth of the people in that club were exercising their right to bear arms it wouldn't have been nearly as bad
>>
>>31917252

Fun. Empowering. Protects you against bat using retards.

I'm British and get the appeal. I don't fall for the RESIST THE STATE shit but you'll notice that while British gentlemen were allowed a pistol for self protection the establishment was EXTREMELY careful about it's lies due to the potential ANY street walker could be a assassin.

Now they walk around with impunity while ignoring the will of a nation because only criminals have a firearm and they aren't interested in the legal process of the state.

You won't overthrow a government with a pistol but you can force a government to behave via potential backlash.

Also for the uninitiated:

The GBP drop hasn't been caused by Brexit specifically. It's been caused by uncertain governmental action. We're the fastest growing economy in Europe at this moment in time despite the EU shit but the fact that Theresa May hasn't put down the economic planning and signed Article 50 means that banks and investors arent willing to throw money at Britain until they can be sure of the outcome.

You'll see a strange pattern of massive investment once we can ascertain what the plan is and if we leave the single market since people will want to get in on monopolising the British food and power industries once France can't fuck about anymore.
>>
>>31917252
G E T A L I F E B I N T H A T K N I F E
>>
>>31918900
Ah yes, I'd love to own a Martini Henry some day as well, but I am thoroughly familiar with britishmuzzleloaders. Fellow Canadian, I am proud to say, and has one HELL of a moustache to boot. Love watching his vids where he re-enacts standard procedures/drills. Also pretty cool when he records himself doing it several times and edits it all together to essentially give volleys in which all the individuals are him. Don't know why I find it so amusing.

The dirtiness is something that Hickok45 has commented on as well. He says it's funny when he hears people talking about "dirty" smokeless powder or wishing their smokeless powder was "cleaner". I guess it won't be for a while until I can scrounge up enough money to invest in everything I'll need, but I'll get there some day! Might even start getting uniforms as well. I always did find the thought of reenacting to be interesting. I also like the thought of wearing the uniform to the range, but I think I'd find it too embarrassing to do that. I don't like to draw attention. It would also probably make other rangegoers cringe.
>>
>>31919563

>huge pain in the ass
>go to gun range/club
>sign up
>spend some time there
>go for license test
>get a gun safe
>sortedmate

It's not that hard. Shotguns are fucking easy if you say that you are a local pest control officer for farms. Most farmers are happy to have another shotgun owner around for crow and rabbit blasting.

It's how I got mine.

I'm having issues justifying getting my Lee Enfield though. Fucking cunts won't let me have it on the merits of blasting assholes off deer since we have a small problem with chinese water deer now.
>>
>>31919842
>It's not hard
>I had to lie about it being for Pest control

How the cucked can't look in the mirror astounds.
>>
>>31919842
You forgot some things, like getting the approval of two persons of superior morality or some similar shit.
You're admitting that you need a "reason" to own guns which is insane to begin with, and that you can't get a fucking outdated bolt action rifle because your reason isn't good enough.
This is the very definition of "huge pain in the ass"
>>
>>31918223
It's considered bad form to fight the mentally disabled.
>>
>>31919856
Who said I lied? I do pest control during the seeding periods for 3 seperate farms. It's hardly a lie.

>>31919867
>2 people of superior morality

Yes. 1 is your doctor. The other is the farmer or gun range owner. The only rule on the 'superior morality' shit is literally can't have a criminal record or be related to you within a certain proximity.

Just go to your GP and ask him to sign it and give you a clean bill of mental health and ask a land owner you might know to sign it in return for pest control over a few weeks in the year.

You can literally get both to sign the waiver in the same day you get the sheet. All it does is give the state a guarantee of character so they know Dindu Mcnuffin won't get his hands on a shotgun and rob a post office or something a week later or shoot his wife.

The hardest thing to do is get a gun safe and get it bolted to the floor since some homes can't legitimately have them since they can't be secured to a sturdy wall.

But thats what you get for living in a modern house in a city I guess.

Rural people in Britain have absolutely NO problem getting any of the standard firearms licenses and decent ammo allowances.
>>
>>31919953
You don't seem to realize how cucked you are.
I live in France and if I wanted a Lee Enfield, for example, I would litterally just have to show my shooting license and an ID in a gun shop, License which I got after registering in a gun club, paying a fee for both club membership and license, and filling a multiple choice questionnaire where you answer questions like "Am I allowed to carry a gun on the streets? Am I allowed to transport a loaded gun in my car?". A hunting or ball trap license will do as well.
And that's already too much to my taste. I can't even imagine living in such a police state that you call your country.
>>
>>31917433
Another Bong here
Go for a shotgun certificate first, there are no requirements unless you have a criminal history, and it's shall issue, not may issue like an FAC.
>>
>>31919823

I would cringe as well. I have the bayonet and scabbard and the cartridge box with white leather sling but that is actually practical. He in BC and I'm in AB.

Another channel is Cap and Ball from Hungary. Good vids there to.

Do lots of research. I bought much of my stuff from Track of the Wolf and the musket from a store in ON.
>>
>>31917431
>Rigby gets pancaked by a car out of no where.
Perfect example lad.
>>
>>31920781
Oh yeah, the Cap and Ball logo says "Est. 2004" or something like that, right? Bit of an odd accent but definitely a pretty cool guy. I lived in AB for a fair few years, but Newfie originally. Just based on that, you can probably guess which city I lived in. I'll certainly be doing a lot of research to make sure I'm getting the right stuff and don't end up fucking up my musket. It's safe to use smokeless powder if it's a reproduction and not an original though, right, due to the better steel?

>Kidding; no smokeless in muzzle loaders. I'm inexperienced with black powder, but I know at least THAT much...
>>
>>31917355
The £ is back to where it was prebrexit. Currency traders made a killing.
>>
>>31920952
Oh shit, no doubt... yeah, just imagine it. Buy the British Pound when it's worth X, and now it's worth... well... how much did it lower? Half? Either way, it would have been an awesome investment to make at the time!
>>
>>31917252
/pol/ get out
>>
>>31917252

Fellow eurofag here, I'm sorry but this is physically impossible to explain to someone without testicles, and explaining it to a person who has a pair is completely unnecessary.
It's like trying to describe the taste of chocolate to a person who was born without taste buds.
>>
>>31917633
Have you got your own area where you hunt or do you get a permit to hunt on priv land? t. brit looking to get into guns
>>
File: 1477944450241.jpg (44KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477944450241.jpg
44KB, 520x800px
Fellow britbong here, used to own a few guns back in the 80's and 90's. Gave up my firearms years ago when the laws become stupidly strict after that school shooting up in Scotland back in the late 90's and everyone with a gun was more or less labelled as a baby killer. These days I just have air rifles and BB guns, and people still look at me like shit for it.

Fuck thoe people though. Guns are the shit OP, here are a couple of reasons why you should consider taking an interest:
>Fun
Ever played darts? Ever played snooker? Amplify that level of fun by about 200 and you end up with guns.
>Gives you an overwhelming feeling of security
Never felt more safe than I did when I slept with a shotgun under my bed. Anyone breaks into my house with a knife, machete, or anything short of a gun? They're fucked.

If you wanna know what the big deal is, buy yourself a high powered BB gun or air rifle. You'll either love it or hate it.
>>
>>31920790
??? That's the picture of the subhuman mudslime who knifed a britbong soldier to death in a London street and the soldier couldn't do jack shit because noguns.
>>
>>31917375
Then people could just point to the nightclub shooting in NC a few weeks later that was stopped by someone in the club who was armed.
>>
>>31917358
>You don't have to fear anything except ambushes or groups of people attacking you.

Muggers/murderers/rapists ALWAYS surprise the mark. Situational awareness and staying away from troublesome areas and ambush points will keep avoid most aggressors but don't count on having enough time to draw, fire, and incapacitate the threat you don't see coming instantly without return fire even if they are hit multiple times.
>>
File: 4R7pv.jpg (238KB, 486x722px) Image search: [Google]
4R7pv.jpg
238KB, 486x722px
>>31917252
Because It can guarantee and protect my freedom?
>>
It allows people to be civil.
>>
/r/ing instant justice vids related to concealed carry
>>
>>31924819
>makes post
>thread dies

like pottery
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.