[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could any one suggest a YouTube or other source to learn about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 72_Hr_Bug_Out_Bag.jpg (504KB, 1042x975px) Image search: [Google]
72_Hr_Bug_Out_Bag.jpg
504KB, 1042x975px
Could any one suggest a YouTube or other source to learn about survival\bugout bags?

Also I guess bugout thread.
>>
So I've seen a bunch of people post pics of their birds. I have one as well and was wondering what your plans for your birds are? I don't think I could leave my bird behind
>>
Civil Advantage Canada bugout bag - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-bnfJ4b7FU

The safety glasses and Mechanix gloves were a new one for me and they totally make sense.
>>
>>31916726
3 gallon of water faggot that is the bases of a 72h bob!
at least 9 liters if you are a manlet, or hope to find water on the way.
>>
>>31916726
What kind of BoB are you wanting? A get home bag? A bag to get you to a known retreat? Or an I'm never coming home bag? Because those are all different bags.
>>
>>31918425
Make it from alaska to the states bag.
>>
>>31918425
i think a bob is supposed to be a general purpose thing somewhat filling all these roles.
get home if your car is stopped in the middle of nowhere, grab it and get the hell out of dodge, or be the basis for long term survival if shit really hits the fan.

stocks for 72 hour immediate survival, tools for long term survival is the basic recipe.

truth is for 3 days you don't even need food a few energy bars and chocolates for comfort and a bit of sugar can't hurt but your body is perfectly good to go without eating or sleeping for 60 hours. you gonna need water tho you will be extremely dehydrated after a single day of not drinking.
>>
>>31916726
never understood the point of radio.
like i'm going to believe anything i hear on them if shtf.
>>
>2016
>not bugging in
>>
>>31918451
You got some pack animals? Ain't a backpack gonna carry that much in supplies if you're on foot.

>>31918461
Which is why most BoBs are garbage. They have no set purpose and therefore aren't really suited for any of them. You need a completely different set up for a hike from work home than for a bag to live out of as you search for a more permenant set up.
>>
>>31919674
>You need a completely different set up for a hike from work home than for a bag to live out of as you search for a more permenant set up.
not really if you spend a few days out it's all the same needs. long term is more kill than supplies.
>>
>>31919674
>Which is why most BoBs are garbage.
no most bobs are garbage because they are full of non critical convenience items (like fucking tweezers and bug bite creams and otc painkillers and lipbalms) and lacking the real focus on essentials like water and shelter they usually cover the fire plenty so i left that out on purpose.
>>
File: IMG_6093.jpg (47KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6093.jpg
47KB, 819x1024px
What is the plan if shit hits the fan. I know we all go innawoods but what about afterwards. Do we still use the designated symbol to recognize each other? Are we meeting someplace?
>>
>>31920973
meeting this group? after the happening?

no.
>>
>>31920973
>not having a /k/ patch
>not having multiple/k/ patches to match different camouflage patterns
What a pleb.
>>
>>31916726
My buddy has a few videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZKDGCc5R67fVvLFSv-OLA/videos
>>
>>31916857
Bug in.
>>
>>31916726
glowsticks are fucking retarded

if you need prescriptions you are probably fucked anyway unless the event is localized/shortlived

Food is good but you dont need to fat it up everday

wear layers and you wont need to pack so many clothes.

if your animal is a noisy fuck then good luck - see yappy small dogs ( can be good for alarms but they can give you away), birds, etc
>>
>>31916857
take him with you and become a nomadic land pirate
>>
>>31920935

A bugout bag isn't camping but it's not pure survival either. It's a travel bag to get you from a bad place to a hopefully better place. 3 days minimum to 7 days maximum and THEN you go into no-frills survival mode.
>>
>>31918461
>i think a bob is supposed to be a general purpose thing somewhat filling all these roles.

No. A BOB is supposed to get you to your bug out location. What you're thinking of is a go bag, which is more generic.

A BOB is supposed tho keep you fed, hydrated, sheltered, patched up, and secure for up to 3 days while you travel to your BOL.

Your opinions on food and sleep need revising. You've fallen into the same cognitive trap that catches everybody in these threads- the idea that shtf always happens in perfect weather while you're in perfect health. Try going for 60 hours in Minnesota in February on just a few candy bars and you'll become a statistic.

You don't need to pack well balanced gourmet cuisine, but you do need to have some fats, proteins, and carbs. Hungry people make stupid mistakes. Exhausted people also make stupid mistakes.

The idea behind a BOB is that you travel for 12 or 14 hours per day and lay up the rest of the time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.