[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't large-bore shotguns (bigger than 10-gauge) more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Why aren't large-bore shotguns (bigger than 10-gauge) more popular? I know that many are banned for hunting purposes in a lot of places, but something like a short-barreled 4ga. makes for a completely devastating home-defense weapon.
>>
>>31904546
I like my shoulders, that's why
>>
>>31904546
Because other shit already exists that kills stuff just as dead.
>>
>>31904553
Well, having fired a few, the kick is something you deal with. You adapt. It's not a casual weapon, but it's one you can learn to handle.

Cowboys didn't get rid of horses because they sometimes buck. Come on, now.
>>
>>31904575
What have you fired?
>>
>>31904575
Fair enough, The only other issues I can think of are possible overpenetration and other loads being cheaper and just as effective, etc...
>>
>>31904598
A couple of 8-gauge shotguns (didn't feel that much different from a 10ga.) and an antique later-1800's-era 4-gauge shotgun owned by a former boss of mine.

That one had a good kick to it, but nothing unmanageable.
>>
>>31904575
Perfect, now lets figure out how to market it to the frail housewife to defend her home with.
>>
Punt Gun, for when you kill a home intruder and anyone else in the area
>>
File: french punt gun.jpg (622KB, 730x1024px) Image search: [Google]
french punt gun.jpg
622KB, 730x1024px
>>31904639
Could you make one if you registered it...? It doesn't look that complex.
>>
>>31904638
I wouldn't, generally, allow women to use these weapons. They'd only hurt themselves. These would be marketed to men. And would appeal to men's sense of vanity/masculinity.
>>
>>31904639
I thought that punt guns didn't have much "kick" to them for users because they were usually stabilized against something other than a shoulder. Like for bird-hunting, they'd be braced against the floor of a boat, and the trigger-puller would be behind it.
>>
>>31904663
So, we need to make a line of guns that are more expensive than whats already on the market under the guise that its better?
>>
>>31904712
Are they expensive because they're fundamentally expensive, or are they expensive because nobody really manufactures them anymore?
>>
>>31904678
Well, gotta keep the Louisiana market in mind, boats in the house and such.
>>
>>31904718
Both, more of the later though and the whole Destructive Devices thing.
>>
>>31904546
for the same reason you can't own a ks-23

illegal
>>
>>31905373
>Perfectly legal under the sporting use exemption
>Even with out the exemption it would just be a little extra paperwork for a destructive device
>KS 23 are banned from import, not ownership
>>
>>31904546
because 12 ga will already blow a massive hole in Jamal/Pedro/Bubba, and you can use it to hunt still.
>>
>>31904546
There was a tunnel rat in Vietnam who somehow procured a sawed off 4 gauge. Said something like "It blew out your eardrums but hit whatever it was pointed at"
>>
>>31904651
Traditional sporting punt guns are exempt
>>
>>31904546

>tfw we'll never be able to import these unless Trump wins.
>>
>>31904639
This puts it in perspective-does anyone have a 12ga/4ga jpg?
>>
>>31904546
Because shotguns are obsolete
>>
>>31904546
Because a 20 gauge is perfectly adequate for home defense, can be easily operated by even an 8 year old girl, won't deafen youand will cause less unnecessary collateral damage.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.