[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might be a dumb question but if I fail my DROS do I get refunded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: DOJ.gif (547KB, 897x1097px) Image search: [Google]
DOJ.gif
547KB, 897x1097px
Might be a dumb question but if I fail my DROS do I get refunded for the gun? I bought my gun from a licences retailer obviously and they didn't seem at all sketchy.

Have my receipt paid for the gun upfront with cash. No problem with the DOJ I just have a pending parking ticket I got the day after I bought the gun and my court date isn't until next week.
>>
Forgot to mention I live in commiefornia.
>>
I don't think there is a single retailer or gun store that will take a gun back

could you image all the shit they could get if it was used in a crime?
>>
>>31900983
They aren't taking the gun back they just won't be able to sell it to me. In California you need it wait 10 days for a background check.
>>
Bump because today's the day I need to go in to pick it up.
>>
>>31901084
You're a faggot for living in that faggot state, faggot.

This is also why you should charge everything. If you pay in cash you have almost no recourse. If you had charged it like a responsible adult then you could simply dispute the charge. But you're a faggot so this mess is to be expected.
>>
>>31901111
>paying cash for firearms is stupid
Anon, I...
>>
You never get your money back.

The only money you'd get back is the money you spent on the gun itself from the original retailer after they receive it. You'll have to pay for shipping for the FFL to ship it back. It might just be deducted from your refund.
>>
you get most of it back
the majority of places charge a 20% restocking charge or a flat rate like 25 bucks if you get denied
>>
If there is a problem the FFL (I'm assuming you bought it online and go it shipped to someone/someplace?) can just hold onto your gun until your court thing clears up.

You won't get any fees refunded because those come directly from the FFL/retailers pockets. You are basically reimbursing them for the cost of them to send your paperwork to the DOJ. So you will have to pay the fee again for them to resend the paperwork again.
>>
>parking ticket
>makes you fail a background check

Kill yourself
>>
>>31901136
It's California. Not a free state
>>
>>31901111
Trust me I don't want to be here but this is where the money is.
>>
>>31900946
>DROS
>Dealer's Record of Sale

It's not a pass/fail kind of thing, anon. You passed the background check so they sold you a gun. Your parking ticket doesn't matter, unless it was for a felony.

Now I need to ponder on the nature of felony parking violations.
>>
>>31901111
i hate commiefornia as well leaving asap
>>
>>31900946
Is this for reals? A parking ticket is a misdemeanor offense, if that. The DOJ isn't interested in your misdemeanor offense, calm the f down. You're Op you're fine, relax. What kinda gun did you buy? I also live in CA. CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.