[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy a handgun at the local gunstore, but am a firearm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: a ordering fast food.jpg (142KB, 973x545px) Image search: [Google]
a ordering fast food.jpg
142KB, 973x545px
Looking to buy a handgun at the local gunstore, but am a firearm virgin. I'm an autist and go full spaghetti when talking to strangers. Please help me not embarrass myself like pic related.

Are there any things I should be aware of? Any terms/acronyms the salesman is going to throw at me? Do they prefer cash? Is he going to try to sell me addons? Any weird questions he's going to ask me? Please advise
>>
>>31897755
What state?
>>
>>31897854
california
>>
File: 1474285802726.jpg (2MB, 2560x2489px) Image search: [Google]
1474285802726.jpg
2MB, 2560x2489px
>>31897903
anon..i...
>>
>>31897913
oh no am I going to get arrested
>>
>>31897755
So you can't handle talking to a store employee but you're totally fine to keep a weapon that can kill.

Yeah, sure buddy. Maybe go figure yourself out first and buy a gun later.
>>
File: 1477447579145.gif (373KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1477447579145.gif
373KB, 650x650px
>>31897920
no no no...anon im just so so sorry you live there......here is my rarest just because i feel so bad for you...

Also..post budget...prefered caliber...i will reccomend you a decent firearm
>>
>>31897932
Look buddy I don't like guns, I'd rather buy some new PC parts than a gun, but if there's an intruder in my home my mother's getting to the age where a bad push could fuck her up.
>>
>>31897932
>autists and robots shouldn't have the right to self-defence
Sasuga, anon.
>>
File: 5B_-_First_Handgun_-1.jpg (178KB, 840x709px) Image search: [Google]
5B_-_First_Handgun_-1.jpg
178KB, 840x709px
>>31897755
Read, OP.
>>
>>31897903
>buying a handgun
>in california
AHAHAHAhahaha
Oh man.
AND you're bad with human interaction?
Well, good luck buddy.

Here's the most basic:
For handgun purchase in CA, first you can only buy things on our stupid roster, which you'll be fine since LGS will only stock those guns.

2nd: you will need to get your safety card, easy multiple choice test you take in the store. They let you study a practice sheet.

Once you have your FSC, you will need 1 photo ID with your name and current address.
You'll also need a 2nd form of "proof of residency" for handguns. USUALLY it's a government provided document/certificate that has your name, address, and an expiration date. Some places will take a house bill, like landline phone, garbage, vehicle registration.
You will NEED to call ahead and make DOUBLE SURE of what documents a particular store takes. I personally used my State ID + C&R ffl.

Have fun.
>>
>>31897755
If you don't know something, say so, so the guy can explain it.

They prefer cash but unless they are tacking on a fee for using a credit card (gun industry is the only one that does it because they're jews) pay with whatever you want.

Yes he'll try to upsell you. Most retail stores of any sort will try to upsell you.

He won't but the paper you have to fill out will. There's a series of questions it asks that will disqualify you if you answer wrong. They're very simple questions meant to disqualify retards. Actually, there's a test you have to take about firearms safety that will also try to disqualify retards. If you do fail it then congratulations, you are a grade A idiot. My dad who was a total noguns got 2 wrong so if he can pass it everyone else should be able to.

If you want a handgun you need a secondary form of ID from the government. DMV registration, lease agreement with your name and address on it, government utility bill with your name and address on it, etc. If you have none of those don't try to buy a handgun til you do. Rifles and shotguns do not require this.
>>
Oh and try not to drop your spaghetti. Dropping your spaghetti may result in him refusing to sell to you due to extreme levels of pasta mishandling.
>>
>>31897962
I never implied they shouldn't have rights. I just don't want some sperg to shoot up a place because his mom didn't get him any chicken tendies for his GBPs. He can go try to be a human being and communicate with another person.

There's responsibility in having firearms and we don't need retards giving us bad reputations.
>>
>>31897985
>autists and people with social anxiety are mass-shooters
Hell, might as well just go full anti-fun and claim all gun owners are psychopaths.
>>
File: 1452533782575.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1452533782575.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>>31897974
>>31897971
>Rifles and shotguns do not require this.
Jesus christ, I have to take a test in public? Is he going to interrogate me to verify all those documents too?
>>
I'm a gun store anon but I'm in Texas so I think anytbing I say might not be great advice. Staying ITT in case you want to ask anyways.
>>
>>31898024
What are the slowest hours with the least people? All those guns already make me nervous, if it starts filling up with people as I'm taking the test too I might just leave and come back in an hour.
>>
>>31898061
I had a short period of adult onset super autism because OCD I didn't know how to manage at the time and went through buying a gun at the time so I know your feel.
Usually, Monday-Thursday starting about an hour before closing. Most experienced gun buyers choose not to go buy a gun then because they assume stores don't want to start the paperwork that late. In reality, NICS is faster at that time than a weekend afternoon or a weekday lunch break. There's also the 3pm-5pm window but with the election, Black Friday, and Christmas on the horizon, this might not be true. I'd go for a weeknight evening. If you live in an area with lots of sports fans go when your local team is playing. That slows things down a lot as well. If you arrive and things are still busy just observe and try again. The next day.
>>
>>31898102
Thanks, it ain't easy being beta. So they scan my documents through a database, or do they ask me questions?
>>
>>31898158
I don't know how it happens in California but my gun buying process usually goes as follows:
>so YOU are getting this gun for x purpose?
>yeah, I feel ya, why did YOU pick this gun? (weeding out straw purchase)
>alright sir here's federal form 4473, (explain 4473), nobody can assist you in answering this form but you can ask me questions if you'd like and I can explain a bit, otherwise the instructions are on the back 3 pages
>sign and date here and let me know when you are done
After that it's just a basic background check. The only things that get sent to NICS are full name, birth date, place of birth, social security number (optional), citizenship, and type of gun being purchased (hand gun/long gun/other).
>>
>>31898195
Oh and state of residence. Again, this is Texas, things might be different there. And the store I work for only sells to people with a Texas drivers license or ID card, or a passport with another form of current resident address documentation such as a hunting license or vehicle registration.
>>
>>31898001
CA fag here, it's not that bad.

I mean it's a pointless, retarded waste of people's time and money, but it's not going to stop you from getting a gun.

The written test is easy enough that if you got to the store with your pants facing the right way there's no way you could fail.

The documents are easy. They just take them, look at them a bit, and that's all. I usually bring my ID, rental agreement, and my change-of-address form from when I moved. The latter is not needed when I buy a rifle or shotgun.

You'll have to wait 10 days for any gun. You'll need to make a deposit on the first day, but you can do the paperwork at any time really.

If it's a handgun, you'll need to do a safety demonstration test. The guy will show you how to use the gun you've selected, and then you'll show him right back.

Pro tip: Handgun slides are a lot harder to rack than you think. Don't be a pussy about it or you'll fumble with it in front of the guy, who will look super smug because that's what everyone ends up doing.
>>
>>31898230
>Pro tip: Handgun slides are a lot harder to rack than you think. Don't be a pussy about it or you'll fumble with it in front of the guy, who will look super smug because that's what everyone ends up doing.
This as well
All of our display guns come straight out of the box and about 30% of them are easy to slide release with one hand if you aren't very experienced with oistols, the rest require you to depress the release and pull back on the slide with the other hand. And on many full size 1911's your thumb won't even reach the slide release the same way it would with an M&P or Glock.
>>
File: 1475097669684.png (428KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1475097669684.png
428KB, 558x744px
>>31898230
>Pro tip: Handgun slides are a lot harder to rack than you think. Don't be a pussy about it or you'll fumble with it in front of the guy, who will look super smug because that's what everyone ends up doing.
Going to third this. Most people treat guns way too carefully for the first time and thus fail at racking the gun properly. Get a good grip on it and use some force. It's not going to break.
>>
>>31898330
>>31898301
>>31898230
Thanks guys, I will study all this again before I go
>>
File: 10meme.jpg (827KB, 1074x745px) Image search: [Google]
10meme.jpg
827KB, 1074x745px
>>31898301
>>31898230
>>31898330
I owned a glock 30 for a bit and when I went in to look at a 20sf, I fumbled when I forgot inserted empty mag holds slide open.
Figured out after 3-4 repeated effort in trying to send slide home.
That was dumb and embarrassing.
>>
>>31898102
>In reality, NICS is faster at that time than a weekend afternoon or a weekday lunch break
not him but I've never thought of that and it's brilliant, thanks for mentioning it
>>
>>31898440
Not uncommon. Most AR owners don't realize they can hold their bolt open by holding down the bottom of a bolt catch while pulling back their charging handle.
>>
>>31898452
It's the little things, I guess.
Also, I don'[t know about anyone else, but I live in the Bay Area and holy fuck is the guns stores crowded as fuck. Plenty of stock, but in my 2 visits last month, they were selling ar-15's and 308 AR's left and right. Along with Sigs.
>>
>>31898102
tfw California so it doesn't even matter. 10 day wait is bullshit and the DOJ is dragging their ass refusing to change things even though they were ordered by a judge
>>
>>31897755
Just remember that guns are highly sexual objects for most people so make sure to moan and rub your crotch while holding the pistol. Stare deeply into the clerks eyes so he knows you understand.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.