[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having trouble getting the grooves shiny. It's like there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_1187.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1187.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Having trouble getting the grooves shiny.
It's like there are smear marks in them.
Scrubbed with nylon brush hopes bore cleaner.
>>
File: poop.png (3MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
3MB, 2304x1296px
>>31895188
>>
It literally doesn't matter unless you're doing custom rail shooting shit. Just make it not rust and you're good to go.
>>
>>31895769
>bore not 100% shiny
>doesn't matter
What are you?
>>
Does /k/ seriously not keep their barrels clean?
>>
>>31896199
Here's my cleaning regime when I get home. This is for corrisive ammo mind you.

>pour water
>dry patch (1)
>clp patch (1)
>dry patch (1)

It's not fucking hard fgt.
>>
>>31896676
OP here.

I wad up a paper towel piece so it barely pushed through the barrel.
wipe the barrel off.
I insert the barrel into the Hoppes bore cleaner bottle so it hangs down into the solution from the tilting locking lugs.
I take my nylon brush that came with a Glock i used to have and scrub it up and down in the bottle for 30 seconds.
I push another wadded up paper towel piece through and wipe it off.
I spray rem oil down the barrel, get it good and oily.
I spray a bit on another piece of paper towel and cram that through so there's no drops of oil in the barrel.
Wipe down the outside of the barrel with rem oil and wipe off the oil on the outside.
Apply 2 drops of lucas oil to the outside of the barrel and where there is any rubbing between barrel and slide.

The above method does not perfectly clean out the grooves of the barrels. Not sure how to get those clean.
>>
>>31895188
You don't have to get it 100% clean every time, but if this is one of those occasions that you do, just gotta brush that shit real good. Brush, patch, brush, patch, gotta break it loose and wipe it out.
>>
My past time is waiting until I have time off of work, getting drunk and just detail cleaning my recently used firearms. CLP, nylon brushes, steel brushes, cloths. Just drinking beer while jamming out to The Facless and using countless patches until they return white. People who don't like cleaning guns need to relax and find comfort in instant gratification.

To answer your question OP, I typically run a steel bore brush through the barrel to break any residue loose, doing this multiple times. Then I coat a patch in CLP and wrap around the steel brush and repeat. Then I do the process with a dry patch. I do all this over and over until the patch is mostly white. Does it help anything? Probably not, but this is what I choose to do on my days off when I have time to drink and be alone with music and my funs.
>>
>>31897002
Wouldn't a steel brush wear on the barrel?
>>
Take 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and put a foam ear plug in the bore and pour that shit down the barrel to fill it up and let it sit for 30 minutes. Come back and scrub out the barrel real good.
>>
>>31897223
Honestly I don't know but in my opinion, no. I am not cleaning precision long range rifles mind you. The few rifles I do own are not rigged for super long range or pin point accuracy. My weapons are set up for reliability and I personally do not think that cleaning a barrel with a commonly available brush will have any damaging value to your barrel. I can literally deform the steel bristle brushes I have with my fingers, if they can somehow damage my barrel then why am I using such a weak metallurgy weapon?
>>
>>31897362
They make brass brushes for a reason, anon.
>>
>>31897422
Granted I am admitting I am not citing complete accuracy and my posts are opinions... For example you can buy copper colored bore brushes, and silver colored bore brushes. I am guessing they are brass and steel brushes accordingly. Why would they sell both if the copper/brass does the same just without the risk of damaging the metal?
>>
File: 8be.jpg (25KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
8be.jpg
25KB, 600x578px
>you can tell how hygienic a man is by how he cleans his barrel
>you wouldnt pull your pants up without wiping after shitting would you?
>>
>>31897422
>They make brass brushes for a reason, anon.
Yea so they get dissolved by the copper solvent and you have to buy more of them.
It's called planned obsolescence.
>>
>>31896874
That's way too complicated, unless you really enjoy doing it this way.
>Don't dip thing in the bottle it'll contaminate it with carbon, wouldn't clean in used bathwater would you?
>just get a soaked cotton patch trough, then a dry one or two, and you're good to go really.
>Wipe the exterior metal with clp "baby wipes".
All done
>>31897614
You're probably using bronze or something. Plus it's not like brushes are really important
>>31897254
Don't do that.
>>
>>31898067
>what are nylon brushes
a brush is like what? $2-3?
>>
>>31897254

Funny. That's exactly the recipe I use to put a nice rust patina on steel/iron furniture.
>>
I spray a generous amount of clp down the barrel, let it sit 1-2 hours, run a boresnake soaked in copper remover down there once, then another boresnake soaked in gun oil once.
And it's completely clean.
Why is this so hard for you, opie?
>>
OP here.
Switching from a nylon brush to a bronze brush solved the problem wholly.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.