[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veteran here, honorably discharged. cant really find a job that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1472849518272.jpg (42KB, 562x490px) Image search: [Google]
1472849518272.jpg
42KB, 562x490px
Veteran here, honorably discharged.

cant really find a job that isnt shitty temp factory work around here. planning on using my GI bill very soon.

what careers did you guys go for after the military? hows the job market/job security? do you like your job?
>>
I've become a drunk neet, myself
>>
https://www.possefoundation.org/veterans-posse-program
>>
>I got no qualifications and the world didn't hand me everything I wanted

Waah Waah
>>
Not military, but guard duty is fine if you can find a good company.

Last security company I worked for fucked my ass hard though, so make sure you look into who you work for.
>>
>>31891096
Inventory. They'll accept any old asshat off the streets provided you can pass a drug test, have all your fingers and eyes.

The hours are bad (they call it "flexible"), you're going to hear the annoying beeping noises your machine makes in your sleep. But it's work.
>>
>>31891096
Used my GI Bill but probably gonna commission and go back in.
>>
>>31891096
Army veteran here, I'm going to a technical school to get certified as a heavy equipment mechanic. Wages are good in that field, there's plenty of job opportunities, and the program is only about 3 semesters long.

I'd say look into trade certifications OP, America will always need mechanics, electricians, plumbers, and welders.
>>
How is having been in the military in any fucking way related to "I can't find a job"

Welcome to real life
>>
>>31891143
>>31891188
i have qualifications and a decent resume made up, its just i cant see myself doing that specific career field for the rest of my life, and im planning on using my gi bill to further myself. im not whining at all, just looking for inspiration or something.
>>
>>31891096
look into corporate security to supplement BAH while in school. I get paid 15.50 to watch netflix.

I got very lucky and got my fathers educational benefits since he never used them so Im working my way to masters debt free. Thats a good thing because I chose CJ as my BS. Dont ever fucking do that. Ever. Me getting a masters is the only thing saving me from a future as an hourly employee.

As long as your major isnt in the social sciences or something else like that youll git a job. Id recommend something tech related because businesses are hiring anyone with a pulse that can code.
>>
Nursing or medicine in general is perfect for vets. Structure. A fixed hierarchy on the hospital floor. Tons a choice from a slow position like long term care or adrenaline in ER or urgent care.
>>
>>31891224
this too

all my corpsman friends and a few marines I knew fucking love that shit.
>>
>>31891186
This and truckers. I've spoken with plenty of drivers who are vets, and many enjoy the regiment if they have a company like Amazon or FedEx that does scheduled loads.
>>
>>31891096
Depending on state and temperament mental health services. NY is good if you dont mind 72 hour weeks at the locked facilities. Same bullshit military anytime hours but way less retarded leadership. The hard part is not hitting the patients when they get assaultive but those that do are ambush opportunists so stay alert and your coworkers get hit. From there see what you qualify for while stacking overtime cash
>>
>>31891234
Same with mental health but honestly hospital is better for most of the country (except NY)
>>
>>31891096
Start up the /k/ PMC we've always dreamed of
>>
>>31891096
If you got the smarts for it you can go do CS or take the easier IT path. There's always gonna be need for tech folks (at least for this decade) and plenty of people prioritize vets with tech skills as first hires (among them the billion dollar DoD contractor industry).
>>
>>31891096
Apply for a railroad job. They love vets and your railroad pension plus vet pension is going to set you up really nice for retirment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.