[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$210 >9 hour mandatory course >5 week minimum wait

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 23

>$210
>9 hour mandatory course
>5 week minimum wait

That's just to buy a gun. If you want to hunt it's also,

>$220
>16 hours of mandatory course

THANKS CANADA
>>
seems reasonable enough
>>
the course is simple as fuck I got 90 on the written and 100 on the practical
>>
>>31887195
€500
>30 hours minimum course
>1 year waiting period
>requirements on storage of gun and ammo
>1 .22 weapon only for 1 year after the waiting period

Hunting is about €2500/3000 with a 50 hour course spread over several days with a written and practical test.

Such is life in Holland, so quit whining fellow /k/ommando
>>
>>31887195
I don't know about you, but the CFRC was the most fun I've had in a "test" in years.
All the staff at the course I went to were awesome, and the test itself is literally impossible to fail unless you deliberately go out of your way to fuck up. Getting a BC drivers license is harder than getting a gun license.
>>
>>31887204
That's just to own any non-restricted gun

>>31887210
>90 on written
mongrels like you shouldn't be allowed a butterknife

>>31887256
Holland has cultural problems that need solved before anything.
But eh, maybe more guns would fix that.

>>31887283
I recently got both, and have to agree.
The course I attended was great

>>
>>31887195

The waiting period for the license is terrible because it's arbitrary - I know people that have had to wait 6 months or longer.

That said, those fees are a pittance when you actually weigh them against the cost of shooting/hunting as hobbies. A single hunting trip for example might cost hundreds of dollars even if you're staying local, or thousands if you're travelling. Gas isn't cheap. Owning a 4x4 isn't cheap. Individual tags cost a fair bit of there are a lot of different species you can chase, etc. Feeding a variety of guns is expensive in and of itself.

Additionally, when you step on to a crowded range, you're going to be glad that everyone there has had some modicum of formal firearms training. Think of the dumbest jock moron you know and ask yourself if you want him next to you on the firing line without having received any instruction at all. Pros and cons.
>>
It could be much much worse anon. I'm just glad Canada's laws aren't that terrible

Though fuck them for just saying "it's 2016 the AR15 stays restricted lul" and ignoring the largest petition ever brought forth to the Canadian government
>>
>>31887256
>>31887195
Shortest route in Germany
>Up to thousands of euros
>~10+ days hunting course (shortest ones)
>Do a test
>Unlimited access to all (non full auto) weapon longer than 60cms
>Two/Three hand guns
>Silencers ok
>No waiting periods
The strange thing I learned is that apparently foreigners can also do this. Which means that anyone can come here and own guns in basically two/three weeks.
>>
>California
>Have to wait 10 days to pick up my gun
>retarded easy test waived because im military
>le bollet button on semi auto rifles

I want to die
>>
>>31887959
>thousands of Euros for qualification

This one part is 100x more absurd than all the rest. There is no reason the course + minor govt fee should cost that much

>(((german economists)))
>>
>>31888024
>live in Austin and sell guns at sporting goods store to pay for school
>1 of 3 4473's have California as place of birth
>golly jee anon, sure is nice getting a gun same day as I filled out the paperwork!

Pure suffering. Knowing these same people are voting for the same shit that ruined their state and ruined Austin. Occasionally I'll get a cool guy that is full on 2a fuck the feds type but even if I do I mince words in case it's a media type undercover, we've had two since the Orlando shooting.
>>
>>31888037
Its to keep the poor people out and to bribe the people testing you, I guess. In some cases the people testing you are literally the people who held the course for you (Pass rate is 100%, I heard).

Also German hunters are ultra fudds, often very spiteful 60+ year olds, and dont want more hunters that will take away their precious game.
>>
>>31888113
>Its to keep the poor people out
Which doesnt mean I have something against poor people by the way. The system has, though.
>>
File: hzhsheejozoeoe.jpg (96KB, 1000x521px) Image search: [Google]
hzhsheejozoeoe.jpg
96KB, 1000x521px
>>31887195
I'm still awaiting my pal/rpal application. They received it 40 days ago. I had my reference call in and then my second they said they only needed one. I called them a week after and they said it's in the final stages of processing. I haven't been this antsy about anything before.
>>
>>31887283
BC drivers licence holder here. Can confirm.
>>
>>31888147
Why does it take so long?
>>
>>31887195
Not as nice as it is in America, but certainly better than any Yuropoor country.
>>
File: 2A.jpg (300KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2A.jpg
300KB, 800x600px
Slovuckia
>minimum age of 21
>health report from district physician 15-30€
>psychological examination 50-80
>no criminal records
>have to convince the cops that you need a weapon and ammo
>have to pass exams
>all your guns must be registered
>in the end have to periodically bring your guns to the station for examination so they can tell you if you can continue to use them
>>
>live in gay state
>$100 for course
> $100 for license application
>hunting course is free but takes 1 week and a written test, plus a "field day" test
>Google this shit and find out hunters ed is 50 state reciprocity
>Pennsylvania offers a fully online course with no field day to non residents for $20

I never spent much time in Pennsylvania but that state keeps going up in my book.
>>
>>31887350
Man that still sounds shitty. I see a rifle I buy it. Longest wait ever was 2 hours for the background check, shortest background check was instant, or I buy from any person. No license needed. My state has a shit 3 day wait on handguns but that's waived with a ccp.

As for the hunting I don't spend more than $50 or so to hunt a year. And that's a combo hunting fishing license with management area stamp. If I want to add other weird shit I can but a lot of it is free. So no hunting is cheap in a free place.
>>
>>31888870
>no hunting with semi-auto rifles
>>
>>31888942
Meh, you can shoot fast enough with a bolt or lever anyways if you hit with the initial shot
>>
>>31887195
Cant wait to make some money and move back the america where I can buy aks and ar15s and keep a handgun in my waist.
B-But my sks and VT whateverthefuck
Fuck you canada change your gun laws and maybe you would be better then america.
GANgSTA SHIT.
>>
>>31888081
that sucks anon. Im the opposite, a displaced Texan living in cali
>>
File: 1317407409864.jpg (169KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
1317407409864.jpg
169KB, 584x800px
>>31887195
You got cucked so hard if you paid to take those stupid fucking courses (PAL/RPAL).

MFW I paid $40 to challenge both tests at my local gun store and passed with ease.
>>
>Live in a small town in Norway
>Figure I'll get my hunting license
>There's a course in the nearest city
>Only a four hour ferry trip away, and I can stay with my brother
>Take a total of six round trips of 221 Norwegian Kroner each way to get all the course days over the course of three weeks, working at home when I can
>Still miss ten working days, out several thousand Kroner in missed work
>Course cost a measly 1400 Kroner, the course book 400, 385 to register for the year in the national hunter register
>1025 kroner fee to apply for weapon ownership at the police station
>Had to cook for two every time I was in the city
>Got lucky enough to get to borrow a friend's gun locker, otherwise that would have been another 2500ish out the window
I'm not sure how long it's gonna take the police to process my application, but I just know I'm gonna have to ask them sooner or later.
On the upside, the course was very interesting, and I do not believe I would have become much of a hunter without it - I'd have drowned in fuddlore. Suppressors are also available to everyone with no extra taxes or fees on account of perfectly reasonable health concerns. If only the course had been available locally (fat fucking chance) I wouldn't really have had any issues with it.

I wouldn't have minded getting a license for sporting guns either (ARs, pistols, whathaveyou), but that would mean taking the aforementioned ferry trips back and forth plus a fortune in diesel to get to and from the nearest sporting gun club to have a valid reason to get a pistol/AR.
The closest I'll get to an evil black rifle (not so much that I'd need one, but it'd be mighty fun to have) would be a Mini 14 or -30, which are both classed as hunting weapons.
>>
>>31887204
GET OUT COMMUNIST FILTH
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31890557
Trade ex canada has a hard sks with a 1500 round crate for 530 with free shipping...
>>
>>31887195
Although I absolutely hate the restrictions on the guns themselves after you get your license, having to do a course to own them is probably the best system. There's a reason why Canada has next to zero accidental gun deaths every year while the US has thousands, and as >>31887350 said, I really fucking don't want untrained people next to me on a firing line. I get swept all the fucking time by people who actually do have their license, at least they've been conditioned to clear their guns when they aren't actively shooting them

As for hunting, yeah, I kinda like not having moose go extinct, we need to still be sustainable
>>
>>31887195
The CFSC is $100 and 5 hours. The hunters safety cost me $50 total and took half an hour. You're an idiot.
>>
File: Rhode Island.png (61KB, 1113x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rhode Island.png
61KB, 1113x1024px
>One week waiting period w/ background check
>Explicit rules in state constitution that prevent any government agency from retaining a registry of firearm owners
>Need either blue card or state hunting permit for pistols, which is a one-time short in-store written exam or a 12 hour hunting course, respectively
>CC is shall issue from local police, or may issue from state attorney general. Supposedly, loophole that allows the police to pass applications along to the attorney general has been closed. Hasn't been tested yet
>Blackpowder weapons fall under same rules as modern weapons
>Federal rules otherwise

Could be worse, especially considering that Massachusetts and Connecticut are right around the corner.
>>
>>31887195
I turned 18 a couple months back and never got around to getting my PAL. Do I need to study for it, or is it retard-tier easy?
>>
>>31891411
You have to sit through a course now, but its retard easy.
>>
>>31887256
Holland has it's own laws now? What about the rest of the netherlands? Why specify two provinces? I'm confused.
>>
>>31891432
No need to read the book beforehand?
>>
>>31891950
They read it yo you. If youre not 100% up it wouldn't hurt to skim
>>
>>31887195
Honestly Canada is pretty reasonable.

Only annoying part is the wait on getting your PAL, which is an issue of the general slowness of the country.
>>
>>31887195
>$210
Only if you live in Toronto or other expensive cities.

>9 hour mandatory course
Implying being able to finger-fuck a variety of pistols and rifles before your first purchase is in any way bad.

>5 week minimum wait
I had my PAL in-hand a month after I sent off my application.
>>
>>31887195
this is good. hell, I'd double that mandatory course time and stick a tough exam at the end.

but after that, fair fucking game. if you prove that you're knowledgeable, responsible and law abiding there is zero reason you shouldn't get to own a full auto combat rifle.
>>
>>31892544
>5 round mag restriction on centrefire rifles, and arbitrary classification system that prohibits battle rifles, and prevents you from taking handguns and SALT RIFLES into the woods, also no conceal carry

How is that reasonable?
>>
>>31891987

My course told us to not even bother to bring the books. I got 100 on both written and practical.

>tfw wasted 35 bucks
>>
File: baby-kiwi-chick.jpg (552KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
baby-kiwi-chick.jpg
552KB, 1200x799px
>>31887195
>~$200 can't remember exactly
>4 hour course
>pass a written test
>pass an interview test
>pass a gun safe inspection
>have 2 people, one related on friend pass an interview test
>assume a background check
The most cunt part is organising the interviews because the interview guys are usually pretty busy
And that's just for non restricted hunting guns
>>
Why are some American states allowed to have worse gun laws than Canada? Why are they allowed to overrule SHALL?
>>
>>31892978
Because every court from the state levels on up agrees that "reasonable" government control is not infringing. The only thing they don't agree on is what counts as "reasonable".
>>
>>31887195
Gun safety courses should only be a legal requirement if they are provided at no cost to citizens. Unfair to the poor otherwise.
>>
>>31892919
>hey you should get your PAL, you can borrow my books

What you should be saying to all your friends
>>
>>31892978
For the same reason so many Fed haters on /k/ dick stroke their state. Fed has their rules they are pretty simple (minus classifications/NFA shit). They don't give a fuck if you make it harder on the lower level until you fuck up Fed rules. Challenging gun laws takes time and money for the Fed to intervene, and at any rate most states wouldn't like it. The real magic is walking the line between making a gun hard enough to own that it will spurn the majority away, but not completely removing access. Cali has gotten pretty good at it, but Illinois really shines with their shitty FOID.
>>
>>31887195

>be in America
>had to wait a whole 15 minutes to buy my gun
>>
>>31893160

I am, I've got a few close to signing up now.
>>
>>31893253
Gross. I just order them to my doorstep and dont have to drive down to the store to pay and transfer fee and wait 15 minutes for a background check to clear.

American laws are superior almost every way but there is a few nice things about canada.
>>
>>31887195
>210
>nr+r was >8
>wait was like 4 moths

>70$ online course and then tags
where do you live in this frozen wasteland?
>>
>>31888870
Ya, but isn't there a lot of vampires there?
>>
>>31888931
It's only the license that has the retarded wait time. Once you have your PAL you can buy long guns same day no waiting. Handguns require a 1-3 day wait while the RCMP transfers the registration to your name.

Also us Canadians can buy online and just mail that shit to our house.
>>
>>31894638
Upvote, just bought a Glock and didn't have to talk to anyone in person, or even leave my house.
>>
>>31894811
Berta would be my guess, Ontario requires the courses be in person, with the exception of Turkey endorsement
>>
just got the work done for mine (australia)

>mandatory 8 hour course with 2 written tests and 1 practical test - ~$100
>membership to shooting organisation or application for hunting permit on available property - ~$100
>application - $97 + $33 every year you want to hold the licence
>permit to acquire - $35
>mandatory safe storage to get licence that is either bolted to floor or over 150 kg empty - $250+

all in all it took 2 weeks for my safety course certificate to be approved and arrive, 2 weeks for my shooting club application to be approved with a member number, 4 weeks for my licence and it takes about 3 weeks for the pta but that can run concurrently with the licence
>>
>>31887195
Unrelated question but hear me out fellow canucks.
Boys I really want to drop the 15k on the gm6m from tactical imports, but the money would have to come out of the car budget, which means the car would be a real pos (sub 5k Canadian pesos). I think It'd be an OK investment though, especially if they ever stopped letting new people get 50s.

What do you guys think about dropping so much on a single gun? Would it be cool enough since I'm not really hurting and don't really care about the car? I have most other platforms (shotgun, 22, 223, 30-30, 308, pistols of a couple calibers etc) taken care of and so want something super fun.
Thanks
>>
>>31893126
>Gun safety courses should only be a legal requirement if they are provided at no cost to citizens. Unfair to the poor otherwise.
Yea it's kinda good thing poor people aren't running around with guns m8

Barriers to entry keep the riff raff out
>>
File: ighlzdji.gif (480KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ighlzdji.gif
480KB, 480x270px
>>31895179
You could get the gun, then get a mint Toyota Echo for that 5k.
>>
>>31895197
If I do I'll be sure to post a thread on delivery. Seriously thinking about it, have been for like a year.
>>
>>31895216
Gross. 15k if it came with a 5-6k scope maybe.
>>
File: mmUgtaH.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
mmUgtaH.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Got my first handgun in the mail. Now I just have to wait for the fucking paper to come in showing it actually belongs to me.
>>
>>31895379
I'd probably just use a ~1k vortex. I know there's better bargains but I haven't seen much with the same "cool" factor.
>>
wtf i h8 canad now
>>
>>31895555
Out of curiosity, what county do you live in and what is the process for handgun purchase?
I've kinda wanted to get a TP9 - how do you like it?
>>
>>31895555
Canada. I assumed this was the Canada general thread.

Anyways, process is the same as ordering anything else online. Only difference is I have to add my firearm license number, as well as the range I'm a member of (since "Restricted" firearms, such as Pistols, can only be fired at a range). I got it in the mail today, didn't even have to show the delivery person my license. Hell, I wasn't even the one who accepted the package, it was my roommate, who accepted it while I was sleeping.

I haven't shot the gun yet. Restricted firearms need to be registered, so I have to wait like a week or so for a paper to come in the mail to show that the gun is registered to me before I can shoot it. It does seem like a solidly built pistol though, and I've heard pretty much nothing but good things. It came with two magazines, holster, basic cleaning stuff, and a magazine loading assist thing. I got the TP9SF, was the same price as the TP9SA, so I figured I'd get the one that didn't have a decocker.
>>
>>31895800
>>31895888
Whoops, quoted wrong post.
>>
File: 1474086848287.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1474086848287.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>Alaska
>awesome weather
>nature and shit
>right next door to you
>walk into Fred Meyer
>"I'll take the Glock 29"
>walk out 10 minutes later
>shove down pants
>constitutional carry
It's like you guys are in some alternate universe
>>
>>31892978

Because communist subversives have infiltrated leadership at every level and it's easier to corrupt a state government than it is to corrupt the federal government.

They're trying though. Hard as fuck. They hate the US so much that they'll probably die hard at work since there are currently no term limits for representatives. It's going to be really interesting watching what happens to this country in the next 30-40 years when influence shifts because most of them are old as fuck now.
>>
>>31895919

>ordering anything online from the lower 48

FUCK
>>
>>31895945
>not drop shipping it to Seattle and sending it up on AML
Double FUCK
>>
File: 1997-m3-5.jpg (756KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1997-m3-5.jpg
756KB, 1024x683px
>>31895179

For $5k you can get a really nice E36.

Assuming you have no debts and your RSP is healthy go for it dude.
>>
File: 1478129107652.jpg (24KB, 435x290px) Image search: [Google]
1478129107652.jpg
24KB, 435x290px
how the fuck do you make guns a 16 hour course

literally what more do you need than

>dont point the gun at anybody
>keep your finger off the trigger unless ready to shoot
>keep the safety on unless ready to shoot
>how to load the gun
>how to clear the bolt

thats like a two hour class at most
>>
>>31896043
OP is exaggerating. It was like 9-10 hours total for me. One class for the regular pal license, and another for restricted. Restricted was a bit shorter, iirc.
>>
>>31896043
>how the fuck do you make guns a 16 hour course
>forgetting they are Canadian
>Canadian raises hand
>"who's Ann E. Body?"
>no thats anybody
>"But I don't know anyone named Ann"
>no I mean don't point it at anyone, you know, don't point it at people
>"I don't know any one named Ann E. Won either"
>2 hour later
>nevermind, lets just skip that one
>>
>>31895179
>settling for .50

Save your shekels and get a 20mm
>>
>>31896043
dumb stuff like the law

also some moderately useful stuff like types of actions, how to clear them, etc
>>
>>31896010
Alright I'm convinced, I'll try to get one ordered in the next 6 months. Cheers.
>>
>>31896043

You go over a lot of the legal stuff, also how different actions work, trivia about calibers, etc. It's a fun course really.
>>
>>31896541

Oh also, one more thing to consider... do you have somewhere with enough range to use this motherfucker? Something to consider.
>>
>>31887256
Holland is dangerous as fuck tho
Amsterdam has almost the same murder rate as the United States
it's like 4.4 compared to under 1 for neighbours.
>>
>>31888956
who the fuck hunts with semi-auto?
>>
>>31896794
>who the fuck hunts with semi-auto?
Real men
>>
>>31887195

I paid $80, challenged the test, and was done in an hour.
45 days license was approved.
Fucking mandatory course.
>>
>>31896794

Everyone?
It's not 1800 anymore.
>>
guess this is the new canada general?

what happened to the discord? maga left and now it's kinda dead.
>>
>>31896794
basically anyone who can afford it and wants one

mostly fowl hunters though.
>>
>>31894638
>AKs banned by name
Yeah sounds like you got it good up there top lel
>>
>>31895052
>1-3 day wait
>Registry

Jesus Christ I bought my last two handguns in a fucking Wendy's parking lot lol
>>
>>31887283
Getting a BC drivers license is harder than getting a gun license.

Got mine in the first try the day I turned 17 :,)
I don't understand why people bitch about it so much, do they just keep on getting bitchy landwhales? Maybe I lucked out with a cool white dude being my examiner?
>>
>>31897344
Don't you have to have a 1 year minimum in between period from getting a learners to getting an N sticker?
>>
>tfw the local guy doing courses does them practically at cost because he's retired and just wants to see more people at the range
>>
>>31897360
>get L at 16
>1 year passes
>get N at 17

What do you not understand?
>>
>>31897451
So its harder than getting a gun license?
>show up for one (1) class that takes a day
>send your application in, wait 3 months badabing badaboom
As opposed to a drivers license where you have to do all this extra bullshit
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So, I have an ACOG that I want to sell to fund one of those Colt 4x20 optics for my M16A1 build. What would be a reasonable price to ask? It's in great shape, just old (2004).
>>
File: IMG_1326.jpg (250KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1326.jpg
250KB, 1000x750px
>>31897540
Pic is the kind of optic I want.
>Fuck yeah retro ARs
>>
>>31897463
I had to wait over half a year to get my R/PAL. The cost associated with the long ass classes about learning literal common gun sense vs the cost of learning a permanent life skill of driving really feels like the time and money was better spent on buying gas to practice driving rather than spend +200$ on classes and tens of hours for a class which I literally knew 100% of, only to have to wait another half year for my permission to buy an SKS.

For me personally the process of getting a driver's license was easier and much less frustrating than getting a PAL, minus the half year wait difference I suppose.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, my original post/reply was just asking why BC residents find the practical hard
>>
File: yJ6XZeguHKA.jpg (32KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
yJ6XZeguHKA.jpg
32KB, 604x604px
Since I guess this is a temporary canada general thread or something, I'll ask here:

How does the whole process of mailing/shipping firearms work?

1. I buy an unrestricted gun online, does the shipping company tell me exactly when I have to be home to pick up the gun? Do I tell them when? Do they leave it on my doorstep if I'm not home (lol)? Do I have to pick it up from my local PO?

2. Same as #1 but for restricted

3. Same as #1 but ammo

4. What do I do if I want to ship a gun to some buyer on the other coast?

Thanks!
>>
File: JewYork.jpg (85KB, 1000x222px) Image search: [Google]
JewYork.jpg
85KB, 1000x222px
>>31888024
No bollet button after December 31st :')

We NY SAFE Tier now

If you want an AR in 2017, get this abhorrently ugly abomination for a stock or a permanently fixed magazine that can only be loaded through removing the takedown pin.
>>
>>31897677
I cringed

t. Canadian
>>
>>31895181
That's a shitty way to think and odds are you are in the riff raff if those that have power would have anything to say. Safety courses can help teach basics, excluding those without the means to afford inflated courses is like restricting votes to land owners
>>
MAGA MAN where did you go?
>>
>>31897626

Ordered pistol online from canada ammo 2 years ago. Showed up in 2 days and they threw in a bunch of targets. Process was Scanned pal and range card. They sent it via courier. Courier makes me sign that it was in my hands after checking drivers license to verify it was me.

Ordered a rifle and a shotgun from a distributer. They sent it canada post. Missed the postage person for one so i had to pick up up from the post office. Just picture id to match identity.

Never ordered ammo.

If you wanna ship it just put it in a box, wrap it with black plastic or shipping paper so its unidentifiable, take it to canada post and get raped.
>>
>>31888931

There's no waiting period for long guns once you have your license. You can have guns shipped to your house in the mail.

The cost of hunting has nothing to do with freedom (I hope you define freedom as something broader than a mag limit). Also the initial fee that the OP described is a one time thing, its a safety and conservation course. Annual licensing here for hunting and fishing costs the around the same as yours does, with additional species tags as desired.

Frequently I'll drive a ways out into the bush and stay out all weekend - gas, vehicle wear, food. I buy tags for black bear, moose, elk, whitetails and mule deer, so I put a fair amount down for tags. I practice with my hunting rifle more before season, which is more expensive to shoot than my plinkers. There are many associated pieces of equipment that occasionally get replaced or upgraded - boots and good clothing, optics, knives, camp gear. It's as expensive as anything else when you're committed.
>>
>>31890344

Are there any restrictions on compound bows in Norway? How hard would it be for a visitor to hunt there with one?
>>
>>31889677

Didn't they change the rules so you couldn't challenge anymore
>>
>>31892699

>mag limits
More dumb than anything but doesn't stop me from using my guns on a daily basis
>battle and salt rifles
Annoying yeah
>cc
Meh

Get through your PAL and you can carry fudd guns all day every day outside the city, and I frequently do. At which point you just stop caring about MUH AR so much, because fudd guns are better for fudd tasks.

I've felt the pain too, wish I could carry a handgun in the woods, suppress my rifle etc. All in all tho, we've got it pretty good compared to most of the world. Lotta guns, lotta wilderness.
>>
>>31887195
Massfag here
>$100
>4 hour coarse
>40 day minimum 2 month average wait
>If you're in a red town they can deny you and you need to bring them to court where they'll just toss the case because it was all to harass you

Honestly not feeling as bad, thanks Canuck.
>>
>>31896146
Fuckin good one bud
>>
>>31896849

Shooting at running caribou offhand with a 223 is shit
>>
>>31892639
He's just being a bitter faggot or is an American who is envious of Australia's shitposting prowess and so feels the need to practice.
>>
>>31887195
LOOK WHAT YOU NEED TO BUY A GUN IN RUSSIA
>>
>>31887959

What about ammunition and background checks?
>>
>>31897677

CA is getting rid of bullet buttons?
>>
File: Blank_a7680a_5587982.jpg (55KB, 640x543px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_a7680a_5587982.jpg
55KB, 640x543px
>>31887195
These threads really make me want to acquire land in some 3rd world shithole with decent gun laws and build a Safe Haven for all /k/ommandos, or die trying.
>>
>>31898374
If you can fund something like that you don't need to worry about 3rd world laws.
>>
>>31887256
thanks anon i don't feel so bad about canada's requirements anymore
>>
>>31894811
my pal course was offered through my school, took course for free in 2007 and applied for my adult PAL in 2013, got it almost a month on the dot later for $60.

i have no problem with a license, its pretty much a card that says "i passed my background check dont waste my time" however the restricted funs thing is fucked and registration can slob my knob
>>
>>31897626

The shipping company doesn't know it's a gun, officially. There shouldn't be a big GUN COMPANY INC. label on it. It's just a package. It's like any other package. It's the same for restricted I think.

If the shipping company knew it was guns they'd get "lost" in transit all the time.
>>
>>31897626

Forgot to say that it should be a signature-required package so it isn't left on your porch.

>>31897727

The course is a lot cheaper than a gun. There's a small barrier to entry to basically everything. I don't want to be taxed even more to pay for everyone's CFSC shit.
>>
>>31897942
No restrictions on buying (compound) bows (have one myself), but they're not legal for hunting - only firearms can be used for that, unless you count speargun fishing as hunting. Crossbows are illegal, period.
The numbnuts in the government can't seem to wrap their heads around how effective bows can be, and that's a bleeding shame.
>>
/k/anada:
Doesn't the law say that magazines designed or manufactured for semi-automatic rifles are limited to 5 rounds? The Vz. 58 magazines most Canadians own are designed for a fully automatic Vz. 58.

You could make the same argument for many AR-15 magazines being designed expressly for the M16 or M4.
>>
>>31897540
Doesn't the tritium in these optics start to decay after a decade+?
>>
>>31900744
If you want to argue that they will become prohibited devices.
>>
Someone sell me an AR-180b

plz
>>
File: normies REEEE.jpg (137KB, 781x460px) Image search: [Google]
normies REEEE.jpg
137KB, 781x460px
>>31890496
>>
>>31900763
Or so. Mine is fading, but still visible.
>>
>>31898523
This
>>
>>31887195
>FL
>ccw class is $60
>4 hours
>$100 tax for the license valid for 7 years
>can buy a gun and walk out with it that day
>laugh at british police for confiscating spoons and bike wheels

why don't you faggots live in a free country?
>>
>>31900807
Lol prohib in Canada
>>
>>31887195
>>31900744

My VZ58 came in yesterday and the fuckers pinned my mags to 4 rounds, not 5. Has this happened to anyone else? Mine's made by CSA and they are riveted before export
>>
>>31900807
Check cgn theres like 4 ranging from 1800 to 2500, they come up very often
>>31901152
No they arent
>>
File: 20161104_132235.jpg (636KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161104_132235.jpg
636KB, 2048x1152px
>>31887195
Let the tinnitus begin.
>>31901169
My valmet mags were blocked to 4. So i just took the block out and only load 5, im not drilling a 400$ mag they can suck my dick
>>
My RPAL got approved even though they only called one reference, and didn't interview me at all. Did the RCMP fuck up?
>>
>>31901737
They're too busy to bother with the full process for everyone right now
>>
>>31901760
Is that even legal?
>>
>>31888037
The test for hunters costs 200€ max. Sometimes there's an extra fee for the shooting test.
The course is what makes it expensive.
My nephew payed 2400€ for everything last year.
When I did the course it was half a year long (three evenings a week) and cost a few hundred D-Mark.
Hunting insurance and license are about 100€ a year.
A weapon permit is about 40€ with extra fees for every weapon you buy or sell.
The fees for my silencer were 80€.

>>31898327
As a hunter you can buy every kind of rifle ammunition (no AP and stuff of course) and handgun ammunition for the handguns listed in your license. No limits.

The background check is your criminal record.

Everything's more complicated for "sport shooters" though.
>>
>>31901826
It's the RCMP anon, they do what they want.

>The RCMP are more likely to overthrow the government in a coup than the Canadian Armed Forces are..
>>
>>31887195
My ma only had to pay around 90$ for her PAL.
>>
>>31895197
The Toyota Echo is pretty fucking based

Literally gutless but so fun too drive because of how cheap its made. No ABS, rear drum brakes, super light weight, great visibility, has alot of interior space for moving shit, get about 600km to a tank.

Make sure to get oversized tires, makes it feel like a rally car in winter.
>>
>>31892968
Dude, its easy as fuck if you're not a crim or a total sperg - I was surprised.
Also you can own Military pattern rifles i.e SKS (Russian or Chicom), AK47 (Saiga12g, 5.54*39. 7.62*39, NMH90, Valmet), M14 (M1A or M305) and AR15/10 (Chinese/Canadian or US Made) AUG, all on a A-Cat.
Sure there are restrictions on mag capacity, pistol grips and bayonet lugs but that aside they're functionally identical to the military counterparts/E-cat. (Semi auto of course.)
Also it's not even illegal to own a 1000 round drum afaik as long as it doesn't enter the magwell of your A-Cat. (Although having them in the same place is getting dodgy and it's totally frowned upon by the community.. Don't do it.)
>>
>>31903580

You are so full of shit. Can't own AK variants in Canada, there isn't any bans on bayonet lugs or pistol grips, and a centre fire rifle's capacity can not exceed 5+1 rounds.
>>
>>31892699
if it makes >80% of the country feel safer and doesn't have any real impact on the function of the gun, i dont see a problem with it.
>>
File: fortuyn 1008.jpg (46KB, 499x299px) Image search: [Google]
fortuyn 1008.jpg
46KB, 499x299px
>>31887256
No wonder new yorkers are such profound gun grabbers!

And yet, you people seem to have a bit of a radical belief in a second amendment style check/balance against perceived tyranny, which you seem to allow guns disseminating enough for! Did you forget to make clear that Theo van Gogh wasn't a politician, or did you have tabloids spinning rumours that he'd run or something?
>>
>>31887210
Lol pleb, i got 100% on the practical and 99% on thw written. Step your game up faggot
>>
>>31904339
But the tests are out of 50 questions for each section, you fuck. One wrong answer puts you at 98%.
>>
>>31898327
Unlimited ammo for rifles but only handgun ammo for the handguns you have (which is ridiculous but why would I want .44 Magnum anyways when I have a .357?). No background checks after you get the license. I could drive to the store and buy it empty.

The background check at the beginning practically boiled down to: "Did you do some hard crime in the last 5 years?" as they check your name on the police registry.
>>31901829
>with extra fees for every weapon you buy or sell.
Around 15€ here.
>>
>>31904146
>leaf plz
If you read my post you would see im replying to another kiwi you dumb faggot.
>>
>>31904146
Valmet Hunters are exempt from prohibition.
M1 Garand is the sole semi-auto exempt from the 5-round limit (least practical mass shooting rifle IMHO anyways). Centerfire bolt actions are exempt (see: Lee Enfield variants, 10-rounder may be banned in some local hunting regulations).
>>
>>31904323
I want you to stop and think about what you're saying.
>>
>>31897980
>Fudd guns are better for fudd tasks

But that's wrong anon
>>
>>31897980
>fudd guns are better for fudd tasks
Fudd guns are for impressing fudds and making fudds invite you to their property because they would look down on you if you showed up with a synthetic stock AK.
>>
>Finland
>most retarded handgun laws ever
>have to shoot 2 years with someone elses gun before you can get your own
>have to deliver proofs that you are still shooting actively every 5 years to keep your guns

Atleast long guns are easier to get but in many places the police are complete assholes and don't give permits for semi-auto rifles for hunting if it's not in some obscure caliber that is not used by any military.
>>
>>31898953
If the government can not afford to supply safety courses then it shouldn't have them in the first place. Safety is great, making a legal mandate for safety with no help for the poor is stupid. Don't stomp on people. Everyone deserves an equal chance
>>
>>31907176
>if it's not in some obscure caliber that is not used by any military.
really makes you think
>>
>>31898949

Is the wrapped package thing an actual law? When i bought my hunting rifle it was just the factory box with some extra packing tape. No one said anything to me when i picked it up, or as i walked out of the small post office located in the back of a shoppers. It was kind of fun desu.
>>
>>31908018

4chins changes the abbreviation of "to be honest" to "desu"? Thats gayer than dicks
>>
>>31908089
Six months ago they changed f a m to senpai and t b h to desu
>>
How are wooden surplus ammo boxes shipped?
>>
File: IMG_7067.jpg (209KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7067.jpg
209KB, 1280x960px
>>31901194
Holy shit you got them. pls make video or touch one off at the meet up.
>>
File: IMG_7067.jpg (364KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7067.jpg
364KB, 720x960px
>>31908507
God dammit 4chan.
>>
At least once you have your pal, you can get semi auto rifles shipped to your house.

Americans have to go to a gun store and get a new background check every purchase.
>>
>>31907184
In Canada the people running the test usually set the price. Not sure if you like working for free but they dont. They are cheaper than the cheapest gun on the market too so uf you cant afford that, you cant afford a gun.

Where ever you are from, do they give out drivers licensing without tests or are the tests free?
>>
>>31901737

Perfectly fine. Happened to me as well 3 years ago.
>>
>>31908549
>Americans have to go to a gun store and get a new background check every purchase
Because there's no registry in most states, so they have nothing to fall back on and have to check fresh each time.
>>
>>31908549
Yea the background check literally takes 1 minute
and then you get your gun and walk over to the range and shoot it, or go home and shoot yourself.

thats what freedoms all about
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.