[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/, I got my first Glawk 19 a few days ago. What sights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: muhglawk.jpg (97KB, 1136x642px) Image search: [Google]
muhglawk.jpg
97KB, 1136x642px
So /k/, I got my first Glawk 19 a few days ago.

What sights r gud? Torn between a fiber optic front/blacked rear or some tritiums.

pic related, muh Glawk brand Glawk
>>
>>31887153
>>>>>>>>>>>>laser
>>
File: extendo.jpg (59KB, 726x968px) Image search: [Google]
extendo.jpg
59KB, 726x968px
>>31887153
Nigger I have Trijicon HD's on mine and love the fuck out of them.
>>
>>31887196

I should probably just get some HD's. I like 'em on my 226 but I'm thinking I might want to try something else. I like the lower cost of some of the Ameriglo and Mepro options too

plus I know some of the Mepro's use Trijicon lamps
>>
File: GlawkSights.png (534KB, 633x585px) Image search: [Google]
GlawkSights.png
534KB, 633x585px
>>31887153
I really dig the Ameriglo I-dots.
I also hear good stuff about the HDs.

The Ameriglos were cheaper so I tried them first. Ended up just keeping em.
>>
Ameriglo I-Dot or any other 2 dot night sights. Much quicker than 3 dots.

Avoid fiber optic because the bar can & will fall out at the worst time.
>>
>>31887153
Learn to shoot first. When you know what to look for, you will know the answer without asking /k/.
>>
>>31887446
b-but I know how to shoot anon-kun

I'm just not a fan of the Glawk sights my dude
>>
>>31887221
on the contrary, the ameriglo is Trijicon tritium but meprolight is pretty much the only other company to make their own tritium sights.
Truglo says they make their own but I am 99.9999% sure it comes from Switzerland
>>
night sights are useless excepting being able to locate your gun on your nightstand in the middle of the night by the glowing green dots. If it's so dark where you only see the green dots yes you can align your sights but you will not be able to identify your target before shooting. When you activate your weapon mounted light the glowing green dots are gone and you basically sandcastle your sights.

With that said I'm a fan of the black rear/fiber optic front. Better accuracy, precision, and quick target acquisition in normal shooting conditions. Trijicon, mepro, and nearly all other tritium sights have a front sight that is too fat.
>>
>>31888533
Not OP, but the delicate nature of FO makes me hesitant to put one on a fighting gun.
>>
>>31889998

eh I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some of the more knowledgeable instructors who use fiber optic sights have stated when correctly installed they've never had a problem of the rod breaking even when they've taken it into a war zone. But even if the rod were to break the sight posts are still made of steel and you can still use it like a blacked out gun sights until you can replace the rod.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.