[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know the seals did it but the Military is out of their fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: glock_19_mos-1.png (1MB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
glock_19_mos-1.png
1MB, 1000x598px
I know the seals did it but the Military is out of their fucking mind if they adopt the Glock 19 as their main sidearm. It is not a good fit for military use.

1.It's not as accurate as the M9 was or as capable as longer ranges. While this might not be an issue for law enforcement where most engagements occur at 7yds. It should be considered a survival weapon in the military. Think of a pilot who is shot down. What do you want him to carry? a full sized field pistol capable at killing a man at 50m, or a shitty polymer police gun

2.Glocks are not comfortable for most people. Most people have to learn them. Seeing that military personel get literally no pistol training, this will not bode well for them.

3. torture tests are not enough for the military. These things are going to passed between more 18 year olds then a goddamn homecoming queen. If these grunts can manage to break an M9, let alone many M9s, what do you think will happen to glocks?

4.Longevity. How many Gen 1 glocks do you see around these days? Hell you can barely find any pre gen-3 glocks on the market these days. yet there are 70s Berettas that still function great.
>>
File: 1478050674798.jpg (401KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1478050674798.jpg
401KB, 1280x721px
It weights far less, goes bang when you squeeze it, and is rarely used.
>>
>>31884734
>It weights far less, goes bang when you squeeze it, and is rarely used.
this makes it great for civillian and law enforcement, but terrible for military use.
>>
>>31884677
>implying a pilot has any range training with it anyway
>implying they can shoot more accurately than the gun
>implying the M9 is more accurate than a glock

Herp Derp anon
>>
>Beretta fan boys trying this hard
>>
>>31884734
What is this from?
>>
>>31884677

If you aren't trolling, then you need to understand that you know far less than you think you know
>>
File: anime control.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
anime control.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>31885103
WEEBS GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Get an Arex Zero 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIZFN1q_2g
>>
>>31885233
I can understand how this video would be impressive to somebody who has never spent any time in a machine shop
>>
>>31885321
It's like putting that music to footage of a fast food employee making a burger
>>
also glocks are ugly
>>
Why the fuck would they pick the 19 over the 17?
>>
Glock isn't going to be happy until they've taken over the world with their overhyped ugly bricks.
>>
>>31885420
because the glock 19 is the perfect compromise gun
>>
>>31885503
I have a 19 gen4 and I love it, but if I was never planning on concealing it, it'd get the 17. It's got a bigger grip for people with big hands, longer barrel and higher capacity.

They probably picked the 19 because they could get it cheaper.
>>
>>31885531
>concealing
>longer grip

mmmmmhmmmmmm
>>
>>31885077
I'm a massive Beretta fb but I'll readily admit OP is retarded and very likely no guns.
>>
>>31884677
Tell me with your words what makes a Glock 19 any less accurate mechanically than a Beretta M9

I'll wait
>>
>>31885552
I put the words "If I was never planning on" before "concealing" for a reason, anon.

I have a 92fs as well as my g19. I'd rather carry the Glock day to day as a civilian, but as a solider I'd take the Beretta any day.
>>
>>31885586
oh, my mistake
>>
>>31885103
Don't know the exact source, but the artist is called Locon or Iocon, and all he does is traps far as I can tell.
>>
>>31885420
>Why the fuck would they pick the 17 over the 21?

FUDDY FIVE STRONK
>>
planning on picking up one of these tomorrow. admittedly not a /k/ommando... i saw people recommend g43 and shield here... dude at the store talked mad shit about the shield, and the g43 was really small... plus small mag

i really feel like i can't go wrong with g19 gen4. any advice or criticism?
>>
It's fine.
>>
>>31885699
It's a fine gun. OP is just a fag. Glock gets a lot of shit because the fanbois are obnoxious and the failure that was the gen 1 G22. A G19 is a near retard proof pistol that will do everything a pistol needs to do while doing it well. The G43 is a little iffy and definitely inferior to the shield if you're thinking about a subcompact.

Source: I own some glocks and a shield.
>>
>>31885807

cool thx. the plan was to conceal carry the one i purchase now, but the g19 seems reasonable to do so. that is why i was considering shield and g43. obviously the g19 is bigger but i think the size difference is negligible for the most part.
>>
Why no Sig what, 320? The service pistol sized striker they are making. Im terrible with all these numbers. I do kind of agree though about the 19 being ok but there is better. I dunno.

Hell a PPQ would be an ok option too that gun is near instinctual. (I've never shot the Sig pistol yet, I am open to it being good also)
>>
>>31885233
I'm holding out for the compact P229 sized one
>>
>>31885233
>Can't even clean a gun before taking close ups
>>
>>31885376
Some burgers are a work of art
>>
>>31885376
I want to make that video.

Hang on.
>>
>>31884677
The lack of safety is the biggest issue. Cops ND and AD all the time because of it. Even when it's in the holster it's not safe. There was a case where an officer's keys got caught in the crack of his holster and pulled the trigger, then another where a kid stuck his finger in the gap and pulled it (this was an ALS holster that leaves a gap for the light)

A glock's safety IS the holster, and even that's iffy. So they're going to have to switch to polymer holsters for sure, but we're still going to see a lot of ND's and AD's.
>>
>>31884677
Berettas are wonderful target pistols. For an accuracy competition, it's what I would want. But for combat, definitely not. The exposed barrel presents more of a problem than the military trials initially anticipated. Getting sand in it meant you were carrying a useless chunk of steel. Get mud in it, same problem. Dirt too. It would be worthless until you had the time to break it down and clean it. I experienced that problem in training and overseas.

I'll be honest enough to say there are still better options than the glock, but those options are still better than the beretta. The SIG would have made a better service pistol; I doubt they would be looking for a replacement had it been adopted.

However, the Glock fits the role better than the beretta. Most soldiers are familiar with it prior to enlisting or commissioning. It fares well for accuracy, has an extensive aftermarket, parts can be found in the field throughout the world. We have several allied nations who use the Glock platform. The price point is so low that the DOD could start issuing them as sidearms to junior NCOs, possibly equip every combat arms soldier with one as well as a service rifle. As far as it being the Glock 19 that replaces the beretta, the Glock 17 would make more sense. But I don't work for the Department of Defense anymore and have no desire to work for them again, which means that what I have pointed out isn't a decision, just the educated observations of some random anon. If you prefer the M9, then by all means, put it in a government issued holster and wear it through an austere environment - then try shooting it reliably and accurately. With experience, my bet is that your thoughts would change. Again it makes a wonderful target pistol, but in real world application it's flaws really stand out.
>>
>>31885233
I'm sold, it beat the p226 legion in MAC torture tests
>>
>>31885552
You should really try reading a book. Or killing yourself
>>
Hey guys it might just be me but aren't sidearms not standard issue?
>>
>>31885699
What's with the sudden influx of people talking like this... very annoying....
>>
>>31885699
good choice, i've been meaning to pick up a g17 gen4. i like it for the 2 rounds more it carries than the g19, though it makes it less compact. at that point it's a matter of which one better suits your needs
>>
>>31885489
>correctly-hyped ugly bricks
ftfy
>>
>>31886258
>Hyping up Glock as the best handgun in the world.

No.
It's decent.
Just decent.

The reason they're gaining popularity among Law Enforcement and most recently military is because they're cheap, they don't explode (most of the time), and Glock has good customer support. And since in a military situation the only purposes handguns serve are to be a Teddybear for downed pilots and for Officers to execute squad members to increase morale. And Glock can do that just fine.
>>
>>31885990
>>31885965
>>31886093
Sig 226 B.T.F.O. in a torture test against the Arex Zero 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U
>>
>>31884677
>accuracy
Doesn't matter for 99.99% of military members. The few who do are special forces of one kind or another and they get to choose their pistol most of the time.

>not comfortable to shoot, therefore needs training
Are you retarded? Next to no one gets to carry a pistol in the military. The few who do have to qualify with said pistol. They'll be trained.

>torture tests
Eh, could be valid. Doesn't really matter though. Look at all the AR-15 torture tests. Sometimes the AR doesn't give a fuck and keeps on trucking, other times it's jam city. All the military wants is something in the right caliber that goes bang.

>longevity
Also doesn't matter. Now I could be wrong, but as I recall the gen 1 glock was the first polymer pistol. No shit they aren't around much anymore. They would absolutely have problems that an all metal pistol wouldn't have (glock-nade anyone?).

>>31884750
No, it's perfect for military use. Next to no one gets issued a pistol. The few who do will appreciate the lighter weight.

>>31885586
>rather have beretta as military
Literally why? Unless you're special forces or similar I can guarantee that you aren't going to use the damn thing.

>>31886033
When I was still in we were "supposed" to issue SERPA holsters. Which we never had enough of.

>>31886258
No. They're good, but not the penultimate handgun.
>>
>>31884677
The seals added it to their A R S E N A L.

It's not the standard pistol.

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>31885233
>>31886027
>>31885376
Done. I made this hastily, but I think the message is what matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwoUd_xqf-I
>>
File: salts.jpg (25KB, 599x300px) Image search: [Google]
salts.jpg
25KB, 599x300px
>>31886380
>>
>>31886093
>>31886329
MAC never served, and his tests are single blind biased.

He is not an authoritative source, and the Rex is eurotrash. He literally shills only that gun. Every other brand is somehow awful in his eyes. Something is afoot.
>>
>>31886120
It's /k/ pre-election shitposting before Glock is banned from the United States for breaking federal law.
>>
File: 1462218107010.jpg (22KB, 477x395px) Image search: [Google]
1462218107010.jpg
22KB, 477x395px
>>31886417
>calls a reviewer biased
>slanders them as "Eurotrash" in the same post
>>
>2.Glocks are not comfortable for most people.

Manlet hands detected.
>>
>>31886417
>MAC never served

How is that relevant in a YouTube torture test?
>>
>>31884677
>This much stupid in one post.
>>
>>31886447
That picture is racist.
>>
>>31886507
Because he doesn't understand that nobody is retarded enough in the military to roll around in fucking MUD except Russian GRU!
>>
>>31886693
fuck off pasta nigger
>>
>>31884677

Taking the bait...

1.) Both of my Gen 4 G19s are <2" @ 25, USPSA A-Zone @ 50. Both required adjustment to the sights in order to get POA/POI with 124gr+P duty ammo, and each needed a different sight height. Regardless, the pistols are quite capable out to 50yds. This is irrelevant, however, because the state of military handgun training outside of SOF and a few select units who will actually rely on their pistols is pretty fucking dismal, and expecting some 11B to repeatably pull off 50yd shots on a stationary target (nevermind a moving one) is unrealistic.

2) Neither are M9s. Get the fuck over your feelings and learn to shoot. You'll soon find that the way a pistol "feels" is pretty irrelevant. What matters is that a large majority of the user base can use the various controls. Most people can handle a small-frame Glock. The end.

3) If kept in stock form, I'd expect dented or deformed sights, worn recoil springs that aren't changed at the proper intervals, worn magazine springs, dirt in the mags, and the occasional broken trigger return spring from use. I'd also expect the occasional broken connector caused by some idiot who watched a YouTube video and thought he could get a 1911 pull out of a Glock with a bit of Dremel work.

4) Bullshit. You don't see many Gen 1s because relatively few made it into the country. But they're out there. Gen 2s are plentiful (you obviously haven't seen the police trade in market over the past few years) and generally need a spring replacement and perhaps a few new mags in order to be GTG.

9/11 low quality bait.
>>
File: Vp70z.jpg (258KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vp70z.jpg
258KB, 1280x960px
>>31886372
>gen 1 glock was the first polymer pistol

Not quite, it was 12 years after this big bastard, but these never really get much love.
>>
File: IMG_20160912_175852.jpg (372KB, 1441x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_175852.jpg
372KB, 1441x1070px
>>31884677
>Hell you can barely find any pre gen-3 glocks on the market these days.

oh go fuck yourself, beretta shill
>>
>>31884677
>false
>fair enough, though that's the military's fault for not training them, not the gun
>most commonly broken parts are all polymer, (guide rod, trigger, frame, etc) would be significantly cheaper to replace parts for than the Berettas when they inevitably do
>autism: the argument. They're really not that hard to find.
>>
>>31886489
im 6'2'' and i have giant hands and my glock 21 still feels awkward in my hands.

OP is a dumb faggot tho
>>
>>31884677
> 1.
Pistol is far more accurate than you are unless you're an Olympic shooter.
>t.not Olympic shooter
> 2.
First time hearing this meme.
>3.
Polymer is cheap.
>4.
Importing Gen 1 Glocks was problematic because of the ATF regulations. You can find a Gen 2 Glock at pawn shops all the time. Glock mass produces this shit, and they're cheap for a decent pistol.
>>
>>31884677
>he thinks pistols are issued to every soldier in the military.
>>
File: Glock 17.jpg (98KB, 615x711px) Image search: [Google]
Glock 17.jpg
98KB, 615x711px
>>31884677
>It's not as accurate as the M9 was or as capable as longer ranges.

The difference in accuracy between the two at 50m is not going to be significant, and will rely more on the shooter than the weapon. Capable, are you trying to say it does more damage? It's the same round out of a similar length barrel.

>Glocks are not comfortable
They are a lot more comfortable to carry than a Beretta, this is a non issue. Also extremely subjective.

>grunts can manage to break an M9, let alone many M9s, what do you think will happen to glocks?

They will also break them? You just said the M9 couldn't hold up, so I don't understand how you are scoring, or knocking the 19 here at all.

>Longevity. How many Gen 1 glocks do you see around these days?

I see them. Hell I own an early Gen1 Glock 17. This is not any kind of indicator by the way. For all you know this simply means owners are choosing to keep their old ass Glocks.

I think you have a prejudice, you let it slip in your first comment.
> a shitty polymer police gun

Well, the US military wouldn't be the first to adopt it anon. It is not a "shitty police gun". It is a military/police gun. Research next time, before you start a thread.
>>
>>31886417
>MAC never served

As much of a retard as he is and anyone who thinks his bullshit torture tests actually weigh anything, he did. He was in the Marines.

I'm laughing at the retards who unironically bought the A-Rex over a regular 226, getting a manual safety because of mud.
>>
>>31886204

Im pretty sure g17 mags fit in a g19. The only advantage of the 17 here is longer barrel/sight radius
>>
>>31884677
>Seeing that military personel get literally no pistol training

No training, no point. It doesn't matter what they are issued of they don't know how to properly use it.
>>
>>31885233

Frankly, this video makes me want to get an HP printer
>>
>wanting shitty polymer striker fire over superior metal hammer fire
>>
>>31885670
>Why the fuck would they pick the 21 over the 20?

10MM STRONK
>>
>>31884677
You said the obviously exact opposite of the truth for every single point, intentionally omitted legitimate points against the glock, and people STILL take you serious. Just give up, poe's law is in full effect here.
>>
>>31886329
glad to see him clean and lube them so it's not just a test of how they're shipped.
>>
>>31885489
Jesus... They're the Apple of guns. The new iGlock.
>>
>>31885575
shorter barrel, shitty ergonomics, longer trigger pull.

also tangentially related: no safety.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.