[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If im taking a road trip across america and i want to bring a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gatintro1.png (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gatintro1.png
22KB, 640x480px
If im taking a road trip across america and i want to bring a gun with me. Can i do it legally?
>>
>>31880069

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gun+laws+by+state
>>
>>31880069
Probably, just make sure you can have it in cali and you should be good.
>>
>>31880069
if it's unloaded and in a locked container you can under fopa, a few of the shittier states still ignore it and actively prosecute. or if you got a couple permits with good reciprocity you might be able to carry with it loaded on you, depending on your route.
>>
>>31880069
gonna need to look up state laws.

but generally you need a CC permit to keep a pistol in your glove box/hidden in your car

ofcourse you shouldnt allow that to keep you from doing it if its about self defense

angry cop maybe giving you a ticket and a chewing out, or javier and his homies having it their way
>>
I drove from NY to CA on a road trip with some of my friends and we brought an AR and a shotgun, we made sure the AR was legal in NY and CA and kept them in rifle bags in a roof top box. We never had any issues but then again we never got pulled over or anything.
>>
>>31880096

thats fucking adorable
>>
>>31880069
Federal law protects you in transit. Once you stop local LEOs can snag you if they find out.

If you just keep the weapons unloaded and in the trunk (other than a legal CCW) you will be in compliance with most, if not all laws. Stay inside the 48 states.
>>
>>31882260
Forgot to add what this anon said >>31880112

Keep weapons locked.
>>
>>31882260
can or can't snag you?
>>
>>31882323
They can snag you if you stop for a while. If somehow they know, they saw the guns or have info on you, they'll try to get you. You'll have to make a case in court using FOPA which should protect you.

Of course this depends on your disposition if and when you're approached and how they're feeling.

Disclaimer: I am not nor do I purport to be an expert on FOPA or federal law, however I have some experience, not a whole lot, dealing with LEOs while I was transporting weapons.
>>
>>31882323
Also keep in mind that most states don't give a shit. Jew York and Commiefornia are the most restrictive and I would rather take detours around them or the fastest route through them, as applicable.

I'm not well versed on all the states' gun laws, so as other anons in the thread have said, I reiterate for you to do some quick checking of states on your planned route before your trip.
Can't hurt to check.
>>
>>31880069
If you're afraid of persecution I'd plan your route so you pass through low-populated states or low crime states, so states with largely white populations. Doing this you shouldn't have need of a firearm at all.

But I suppose that defeats the purpose
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.