[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best leader in the civil war, discuss how we managed to defeat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 19

Best leader in the civil war, discuss how we managed to defeat the inbred south so easily
>>
>>31879969
Something about railroad tracks and rape.
>>
>>31879969
"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

Pretty much that.
>>
We sure won guys :^)
>>
>>31879969
He's one of the greats but my money is still on Grant for realizing that he could basically do whatever the fuck he wanted as long as it was costing the South men and money.
>>
>>31880013
found the butthurt inbred
>>
>>31880018
I'm from out West and I believe the Confederacy was correct.
Stay mad tranny
>>
>>31879969
Union had the most casualties.

Had the Confederacy had access to half the supplies the Union had or even half the men the union sent to slaughter, it would have resulted differently.
>>
File: tumblr_mw86vzFQa31rs9b51o1_500.png (166KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw86vzFQa31rs9b51o1_500.png
166KB, 500x322px
There would still be the same kind of "progressive" dissolution of traditional cultural values if the south had successfully seceded. They would just be more in the realm of "slave's workplace standards of safety" and " female relatives rape education".
>>
>>31880060
>if things would've been completely different!
If the South had access to the manpower and industry of the North, they wouldn't have had to chimp out to try to keep their bronze age economic system.
>>
File: 1386198987012.gif (30KB, 399x408px) Image search: [Google]
1386198987012.gif
30KB, 399x408px
>>
File: bait.jpg (59KB, 571x640px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
59KB, 571x640px
>>31879969
>Best leader in the civil war
maybe best haircut...then again maybe not.
>>
>>31880229
?
>>
>>31879969

>easily

The Union should have wiped the floor with the Confederacy inside of a year, but somehow managed to drag it out and take horrendous casualties
>>
>>31880452
The only reasons the south managed to last more than the first few battles are
1) Almost all experienced field commanders where loyal to southern states
2) Early northern commanders where not aggressive (see no 1)

The lack of experienced commanders did lead to some new concepts for war since the commanders the north had where not as tied to traditions.
>>
>>31880013
>>31880028
>>>/pol/
>>
>>31880028
stay butthurt you traplover fag
>>
>>31880827
HEY GUYS TAKE THAT OPINION I DON'T LIKE AND GO TO POL!!!1!!1!!juan!!1!

4chan is fucking slowly turning in to reddit everyday. Everyone is entitled to an opinion here. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>31880452
That's the thing about wars- they never go quite the way they're supposed to.
>>
File: NBF.jpg (16KB, 220x356px) Image search: [Google]
NBF.jpg
16KB, 220x356px
Someone mentioned me?
>>
>>31880013

>>/pol/
>>
>>31879969
Sherman should have been tried as a war criminal for what he did to Georgia.
>>
File: 220px-Stonewall_Jackson.jpg (15KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Stonewall_Jackson.jpg
15KB, 220x319px
Fuckin' yanks. Fuckin' scouts shootin' their own commanders.
>>
>>31880789
Later northern commanders were aggressive and as a result the north suffered huge casualties. Grant just didn't give a shit

Had McClellan been more aggressive, would he have shock and awed the confederates into early submission, or would he have just suffered the huge casualties himself and been removed?

Given the superiority of southern leadership could aggressiveness alone have carried the day earlier in the war? Or would they have lost even more men and still failed to take Richmond? Hooker was aggressive and he was one of the least successful early generals, the one made to look the biggest fool by Lee and Jackson.
>>
>>31882042
sorry, we can't make a safe zone for your fee fees here, reddit seems the better place
>>
>>31882212
This all assumes that the aggression increases without an increase in competence.

>McClellan removed
Arguably an improvement.

But anyway, we're not going to re-fight the Civil War here, and I'm happy with the outcome already.
>>
>>31882081
n-not if you have skill!
>>
>>31879969
I've lived in the north. I've lived in the south. The south deserved it, probably more than anyone in history except maybe Carthage. To this fucking day, everyone there is an insufferable prick and that in and of itself is pretty bad, but they don't even own it. Not a single one of them believes that they are being a raging cunt, even when they're doing something like stealing the last shopping cart out of an old lady's hands at the grocery store (actually saw this happen in NC, BTW) and an enormous amount of it is due to residual butthurt over the civil war. They're also fake as fuck in that almost every single one of them thinks they are a country boy, even the ones who live in a city of 500,000+ and have never seen unspoiled wilderness outside of a National Geographic.

Where most people get it wrong though is that they don't realize that William Tecumseh Sherman's only mistake was in not breaking north to burn the fucking rest of the country too. This country has been nothing but anti-Constitution faggots ever since Andrew Jackson died and I hope to god Hillary takes your fucking guns and makes you accept refugees, because every single one of you hates AT A MINIMUM three of the amendments in the Bill of Rights.

Free speech, property rights, drugs, guns, and polygamy. Give me real America, pls.
>>
I know this is bait, but the north would have lost if it wasnt for the industrialization they had compared to the south. The southerners were better shots and more driven. Shit most of the people who fought for the confederate didnt even care about slavery. Guys just signed up to fight with their buddies along with trying to keep the north from encroaching on their way of life.
>>
the north have their own modern day slaves...illegal mexicans, jail work programs, nafta and tpp(if shillary wins)
>>
>>31882314
Did you live in some shitty place like atlanta where it is just full of stupid nignogs?

I agree with you about jackson. Jackson was a fucking bad ass and hard as fuck. People hate on him but dont understand that he was a self made man who had a rough upbringing. Most people dont get what that does to people when you have to do everything and fight for everything yourself. He is literally an idol of character to me just for the fact that he helped himself.
>>
File: 1418163912204.jpg (54KB, 552x531px) Image search: [Google]
1418163912204.jpg
54KB, 552x531px
>>31882314
>>
>>31882356
This is like every kid I go to school with, except they all drive $70,000 ford raptors or brand new 2500 diesels. Or the "modern cowboy" look with their pfg fishing shirts tucked into their wranglers. I dont know how many times I have been asked to help pull someone out of shit with my old '98 stock suburban and I just say no, and keep on driving down the beach. I fucking hate people who think they are red neck or country.
>>
>>31882314
AnCap pls go and stay go
>>
File: IMG_0615.jpg (46KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0615.jpg
46KB, 285x298px
>>31882217
>saying this isn't a safe space and everyone can say their piece makes it a safe zone.

(You) should kill yourself.
>>
>>31882327
>if everything had been different...
No shit.
>>
>>31882314
>Implying any wilderness is unspoiled.
I've got some bad news for you son...

Also, it is highly likely that you think everyone in the south is a prick because you are yourself a huge asshole who is so delusional he can't tell you autistic he is.

You sound like someone who has a chip on their shoulder and is impolite to strangers. Stop being a salty little bitch.
>>
>>31882243
McClellan had a chance to break Lee's army of northern Virginia following Antietem. It was his overly cautious nature that allowed Lee's escape. Should he have pursued he could have potentially taken the most skilled and experienced southern commanders out of the war early. Potentially shorting the war.

Granted this is all Monday night quarterbacking.
>>
File: 1477434517031.jpg (709KB, 2166x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1477434517031.jpg
709KB, 2166x1530px
>>31882314
>because every single one of you hates AT A MINIMUM three of the amendments in the Bill of Rights.

No, I actually like all the Amendments. They form a great basis for a fre society where I can mostly do as I please

But I'm Muslim so I'm sure I belong in an oven or something.

Better yet, I want to work for the government in a capacity that would make me a statist prick to you...

That's why I'll take all 10 amendments of the BoR and the rest of the Constitution, so I can do as I please and everyone else can MYOB
>>
>>31882212
There is a very cold hard truth about the dispositional strength between the Union and the Confederacy, one could afford to lose large numbers of men & equipment.
>>
>>31882190
Only losers get tried, the winners get medals.
>>
>>31879969
Dude would have carved a canyon through the middle east if he were alive today...
>>
>>31882314
>everyone else is the asshole, not me!
>>
>>31882327
Their way of life was slavery. Dumbass.
>>
>>31880060
Well duh. They chose suicide.
>>
>>31882190
Read a book, Cletus.
>>
>>31882327
Again, the South chose to be stupid.
>>
>>31882103
Came here to post this.
>>
>>31882327
>didnt even care about slavery
>>
>>31882327
Rich people convinced poor people it was a good idea to go to war with each other. That's what happened. The average soldiers way of life wasn't at stake, it was the rich plantation [slave] owners' who were in trouble
>>
>>31880060
>Union had the most casualties.

That was the secret, anon. Until Grant, the Union generals were too afraid of losing to actually press their advantage and force the decisive battles that would have drained the South of manpower and ended the war.

Lincoln understood that the Union's worst defeat, repeated four or five times, would win him the war. Because the Union had the manpower to afford it. It was just a question of finding a general who was willing to go full retard. Grant was that general.

He was also effective in maneuver warfare. Lee fought him to a standstill repeatedly, and repeatedly Grant shifted ground, flanking Lee and driving towards Richmond. Lee, the greatest maneuver general since Frederick the Great, had to shift his dwindling army back and back, to hold Grant off. It worked, and Lee saved Richmond, but it was the beginning of the end for the South.

Sherman's march finished the job.
>>
File: archer_head.png (33KB, 290x401px) Image search: [Google]
archer_head.png
33KB, 290x401px
>>31882190
>Sherman should have been tried as a war criminal for what he did to Georgia.

Sherman should have gotten an Emmy, for turning Georgia into the place where Archer is made.
>>
File: LSR.jpg (34KB, 250x343px) Image search: [Google]
LSR.jpg
34KB, 250x343px
Most based Civil War general coming through.
>>
>>31882353
Several different towns/cities in NC, GA, FL. It's a nigger-infested shithole where people think saying "bless your heart" instead of "you fucking moron" means they're nicer and more welcoming. Dumb.

>>31882356
That's approximately how fake they are.

>>31882379
Nope, just actually read the fuckin Constitution.

>>31882414
There's plenty of spots that are a hell of a lot less occupied than downtown Charlotte, tell you that much. As for me being impolite, I'm the very picture of grace and generosity. Southern trash just happens to be ruining this great nation and it irritates my sensibilities, I'm merely reacting to stimulus here.

>>31882465
>Muslim
Oven is too kind for your lot, were it up to me you all would be wiped out with genetically-targeting bioweapons as pre-emptive self-defense by the rest of the world. Killing all 1.6 billion muslims on earth would be a net gain in human lives when you tally up all the people who AREN'T murdered by filthy backward savages because we had the good sense to wipe you out.

>>31883118
My bad for wanting freedom dude, *I'M* secretly the asshole for wanting an ideologically pure country and not wanting to put up with asshurt confederate wannabes spreading utter cancer throughout the nation. 70% of them aren't even pro-gun.
>>
Lee was an northern, but he had disputes with his pay and fought for the south. My wife is a direct descendent of his.
>>
>>31880028
explain to me how they where right in attempting to stick to an obsolete economic system who's one base was already being eroded by England and would eventually have lead to a total economic collapse?
>>
File: the hipocrisy.jpg (99KB, 633x677px) Image search: [Google]
the hipocrisy.jpg
99KB, 633x677px
>>
File: 1457039241501.jpg (154KB, 829x984px) Image search: [Google]
1457039241501.jpg
154KB, 829x984px
>#winning
>>
File: aam.jpg (103KB, 970x644px) Image search: [Google]
aam.jpg
103KB, 970x644px
>>31884884
>were it up to me you all would be wiped out with genetically-targeting bioweapons as pre-emptive self-defense by the rest of the world.

Fortunately for me genocide is not constitutional :^)
>>
>>31884922
Let me guess, met at a family reunion?
>>
>>31885975
Tell that to the Indians. Good luck on Nov. 9th, Achmed.
>>
>>31879969
might
>>
The South is the perfect example of why white people are a fucking disease.

Inbred, dumb hicks. They should be removed from the country and replaced with the Mexicans they hate so much.
>>
>the radical bourgeoisie industrial liberal yankees
>the underdog, agrarian, noble jolly conservative dixie

They were doomed from the start.
>>
File: 1476182805761.jpg (47KB, 390x750px) Image search: [Google]
1476182805761.jpg
47KB, 390x750px
>>31880013
What the fuck does a bunch of Euroshit traps have to do with the American Civil War?
>>
>>31882327
Too bad that way of life included enslaving your fellow man.
wew, the mental gymnastics you niggas come up with
>>
>>31882314
You've got a bad case of confirmation bias. Though no less subjective, I've never encountered that many people, whether at home in Alabama or anywhere else, that were insufferable strictly due to their geographic origin.

If there is anything wrong with the South, though, it is the weather. I want back to Northern Illinois.
>>
>>31888223
if you look up the working conditions in britain in the 19th century they were literally 10x worse than anything a slave endured
>>
Every time you hear about niggers blame a lazy southerner who couldn't farm their own land!
>>
>Americans have a long history of exploiting brown people for labor

wew, makes their complaints about cheap labor these days pretty hypocritical!
>>
>>31888279
How do you mean? We have attempted to change, it is only consistent and just that we object to the exploitation of illegal immigrants today.
>>
>>31880060
More men chose to stand and die for freedom then hightail and run and live to inbreed another day
>>
>>31882190
He burned important military installations in Savannah and Atlanta, the fire just spread. Dindu nothin.
>>
>>31884479
>But muh states rhats!
>Muh freedoms!
>>
>>31882212
Aggressive attack alone accomplishes nothing. The union needed to aggressively pursue the confederates after every battle like Grant did.

To attack then let the enemy recover was the unions biggest failure in the early years of the war.
>>
File: 1475990824897.jpg (98KB, 634x603px) Image search: [Google]
1475990824897.jpg
98KB, 634x603px
>Unionfags shit all of the South constantly
>South gets sick of it and tries to leave
>Unionfags get asshurt and die in droves to force them to stay

Top fucking kek.
>>
>>31885139
Explain how attempting to force an economy to undergo such a massive shift in its economic base in a short time frame wasn't going to destroy their economy anyway.
The South would have phased out slavery on its own, just like every other western country did. We were holding on to it longer than others, true, but machines were going to replace the negroes on plantations eventually due to efficiency. You didn't need to be fucking assholes about it.
>>
File: 1314003301717.gif (3MB, 319x239px) Image search: [Google]
1314003301717.gif
3MB, 319x239px
>Southernfags still THIS buttblasted
>>
bait thread
>>
>>31888648
It was not one representing Southern sensibility that made this thread.
>>
>>31882465
Based, so your pro gun? Interpret the Constitution literally? Would buy beer/10
>>
>>31888231
That has no bearing on the topic at hand.
>>
>>31888872
it does you're just to embarrassed to accept reality.
>>
>>31889039
Nah, bro. That's Britain's business and they handled it how they saw fit. Across the pond in the States, the business got dealt with by kicking Dixie's teeth in after they had their little tantrum.
>>
>>31880013
Inbred pol spotted
>>
>>31882042
go back to pol lmao, it's not a matter of "we don't like that opinion" it's a matter of you being fucking retarded, so go flock with the bird of the same feather
>>
Reminder that it was only 300,000 niggers imported to the US. Yes three hundred thousand. Should have killed them all instead of setting them loose.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.