[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, would you like an idea of how your state will be in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 1477791316917.jpg (42KB, 317x274px) Image search: [Google]
1477791316917.jpg
42KB, 317x274px
Hey /k/, would you like an idea of how your state will be in the future if the antigun people get a hold of it?

>Live in large city in NJ
>Law in NJ for buying pistols is that you need to apply for separate permits for each one
>Can only buy one handgun per month and the permits only last 90 days plus a 90 day extension
>Have to go straight to PD to apply and have to waive your HIPPA rights so they can search your records
>Go to PD first thing in the morning
>Officer on duty for firearms shit tells me to have a seat in the hall since he's discussing something with another officer
>Sit in hall next to other guy who was waiting and talk a bit
>"Yeah, I've been waiting 6 months for these."
>State law says they have to get these back to you in 30 days
>More people stroll in to sit next to me
>First guy is in and out in like 3 minutes
>Another officer strolled in while the first guy was in
>After the first guy leaves, firearms guy starts talking to other officer
>Door is wide open, so we can hear them discussing their pay/pensions/him taking care of that guy's pistol permits
>For 45 fucking minutes
>Finally they call me in
>Hand him the paperwork
>"We'll call you when it's ready."
>Been waiting 3 months
>The excuse I hear is "Oh we only have a few officers we can dedicate to firearms duty."
>>
File: 1477863052700.jpg (27KB, 414x275px) Image search: [Google]
1477863052700.jpg
27KB, 414x275px
>>31879317
Forgot to mention, The state legislature refuses to entertain the idea of having one standardized permit for both long guns/pistols, which would eliminate this bullshit.
>>
>>31879317
I live in Oregon, pretty worried how things are going here. Anti-gunners have already said that they have big plans if they get more democraps in. Hopefully we might be able to swing things around this election.
>>
I'm from SC. Had a chat with a guy from a northern state who was new to the area. He said "up nother, everyone is an asshole. In the south, people are a bit nicer because you don't know who is carrying (gun/ccp). Ironically, I've never felt safer" I hope it doesn't tighten up in SC, but you never know.
>>
>bothering police with EVEN MORE paperwork
the memes about new jersey are true
>>
File: image.png (190KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
190KB, 512x512px
>>31879317
>get the gun itch after buying an AR
>Research on handguns
>grabontoyourassfaggot.exe
>5 character reference letters, notarized with contact info, address and all personal Infos
>$20 just for an application, yes just the piece of paper to fill out to submit to them
>$120 for finger printing done at county jail sitting next to people going into jail to get fingerprinted
>when filling out the application you must have a gun to submit serial number along with your app
>can't handle a gun per state law so don't know what to pick
>YouTube it and finally settle on P226
>buy gun at funstore and they out it away, guy tells me they'll refund me minus a fee for having it put in storage
>must take 4hr safety class, there goes another $80
>letter from boss verifying that I work there
>finally have all the shit they want in a packet
>make copies of it cause fuck if this get lost
>submit paperwork
>state law says it shouldn't take more than 6 months without a valid reason
>call after 6 months
>"not ready"
>call 8 months in
>"nope"
>call 10 months in
>"we are really slammed with applications"
>thanks Obama
>finally call 11.5 months in and get a "not yet" answer
>try not to lose my shit and jokingly ask the lady if I could come down and check for myself
>"ok"
>drive 45 mins to the county clerk's office
>meet lady and see huge stack of folders
>fuck
>go through them
>10 mins in find mine stamped a month earlier with a judge approval
>rage.exe
>get picture taken and card to pick up gun

I swear Fuck NY at least that day I got to pick my my first pistol with a cucked 10rd mag by I was happy it was finally in my hands after 11 and a half months of bullshit
>>
Central NJ here. The process can be absolute garbage or slightly less garbage depending on your Police Dept. When I turned 18 (2004) I immediately applied for my Firearms I.D. card. Took fucking 5 months and the excuse was "Oh your references never responded" Utter bullshit because NONE of them received a call or letter. After the 5 month mark I reached out to an officer I knew in the Dept. and asked him if I should get a lawyer since NJ law states it CAN NOT take this long. He said "let me talk to some people" two days later I got my permit.

Once I turned 21 I went and applied for my handgun permits. Same department but I was in the police academy at the time....literally 3 days after I applied I got all the permits in the mail...WTF?? Should be noted that I do not believe they knew I was in the academy at the time. Inconsistencies all around.

Last time I bought guns was 2 years ago and had to apply for one handgun permit, I now live in a different area (I am no longer a cop) and applied at my new PD. Got the permit in less then a week. A friend who came with me applied for his HG permit too, took 3 months and called HIS FUCKING BOSS to see if he believed the guy should own a gun....seriously. Fuck NJ so hard, can't wait to relocate to NC in a few months.
>>
>>31880493
You forgot to mention where we need a Firearms Purchasers ID card, even to buy long guns. Have to get fingerprinted and put in a database before we can even hold a gun in a store.
>>
>>31882798
I mentioned it tho >>31882341
>>
>>31882841
I see that now, didn't update the page when typing my response
>>
Fuck I thought I was alone in this shithole. turned 18 recently and in the process of filling out the forms. 65$ for a fuckin fingerprinting fee?! Not to mention the fact that I need to be fingerprinted at all just to exercise my 2nd amendment right. Also have to fill out a form which discloses all of my medical records and then pay another fee when I go to submit it all and it can STILL be denied. Fuck this state
>>
So how are all these hoops you have to jump through supposed to lower crime?
>>
>go to store
>select and purchase pistol
>show my concealed carry license so NICS is unnecessary
>leave with said pistol

Whole process takes about 5 minutes. I'd tell you to come down to the South where life is good but you carpetbagging Yankee fucks can stay in your containment states.
>>
>>31882931
Yep it sucks, I'm hoping I'll get the chance to move out soon. This state may have some hope for it with Christie vetoing the last gun control bills though. Hopefully well have shall issue soon.
>>
>>31879317
What city? I live in NJ and it was pretty fast and easy. It takes a month for the background checks and everything and assuming your references mail the paperwork in there shouldn't be any problems. If there is than you have a shit PD and I feel bad for you. Call them every week. My friend in Bergenfield had to do that. But he got his.
>>
>>31879317
>Live in small town in MA
>Need to go to a training coarse to be able to apply for LTC or FID
>If I get my FID I can only buy rifles and shotguns, LTC lets me buy pistols as well as rifles and shotguns
>%80 of available market pistols aren't MA approved because of bullshit, I basically need to get either S&W or Ruger
>If I want any semi auto rifle it needs to be .22
Going through all the hoops because I've wanted funs for a while and haven't been able to move, so probably wont. Gonna get a Moist Nugget at a local shop. BUT I FORGOT TO MENTION
>After going through training coarse, need to apply for FID/LTC
>They can deny you it for any reason they feel fit, takes 2-6 weeks to get word back from them anyway
>>
File: Absolutely Haram.jpg (57KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Haram.jpg
57KB, 531x471px
>and have to waive your HIPPA rights so they can search your records

What the fuck.

This is Soviet Union level police state.
>>
>>31883164
No joke man...I can not for the life of me understand how this is at all legal. Im actually a little worried to go buy another since i was treated for depression a year ago. May just have to wait till I go to NC to get more.
>>
File: Don't You Rike It.jpg (100KB, 474x355px) Image search: [Google]
Don't You Rike It.jpg
100KB, 474x355px
>live in Tennessee
>walk into gun store
>point to gun I want
>check boxes on 4473
>wait about 7-10 minutes
>pay
>walk out

I feel bad for those of you living in coastal leftist shitholes.

Then again, our CC laws are pretty shitty here.
>>
>>31883236
>cc law shitty
>Tennessee permits are shall issue.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit.html
Also to even be considered to get a ccl here you basically have to have already been almost murdered
>>
File: tn cc.png (74KB, 771x702px) Image search: [Google]
tn cc.png
74KB, 771x702px
>>31883266

It's shall issue, but the payment scheme is convoluted as fuck for no discernible reason.
>>
>>31883164
>HIPPA rights
the ones that are 99% bullshit? Who the fuck cares about HIPPA except underaged girls trying to get abortions?
>>
>>31883266
Still wont get it. I know of a handful of people in NJ with CCL. All are retired Cops and one is a VERY prominent, douchebag, business owner in my old town. I know for a fact there is no way he could prove justifiable need for CCL so once again...NJ is about who you pay not the actual law.
Also worthy retardation of note...the fucking laws here change CONSTANTLY. Back when I got my first 3 handgun permits (wasn't the 1 only law at the time) the state was talking about banning 50. cal. So being young and stupid I bought a Desert Eagle .50 which set me back quite a bit. They then turned around and dropped the ban...-_- Also cucked 10 round AR mags (which are shit and caused jamming issues in my Bushmaster.) Lets see...also had a friend of the family got in a traffic accident returning from the range. Even though the guns where locked and separate from the LOCKED up ammo(again NJ), the Police still confiscated the guns because it was an "investigation" because the other driver hit him and took off.
Seriously, if you guys want to read some blood boiling bullshit Im sure you can find all kinds by looking up the violation of rights us legal gun owners in NJ have to deal with. Lol gun restrictions get worse every year but yet we see almost no noticeable drop in gun crime from...the melanin enriched areas (largely ALL illegal guns) of the state. Little to no gun crimes in...uh less "culturally diverse" areas.
>>
>>31883300
That is strange. Do you require training for renewal or anything like that?
>>
>>31879317
I hope they don't get ahold of Washington state.
CC permit was easy 2 get.
Rifles are easy to buy
Pistols have a dumb 10 day wait without a cc.
>>
>>31883385
Yeah, I know a retired police officer who was flat out DENIED from getting his ccl. He had to apply a second time before getting it. Fucking stupid state.
>>
File: vet.jpg (107KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vet.jpg
107KB, 768x1024px
One last great story for you. My brother used to be good friends with a guy here in NJ. The guy went on to be a state trooper and eventually got a bunch of charges levied against him for sexual assault and misconduct while on duty. While the claims were being investigated he ran home to Mom and Dad since his wife kicked him out.
Heres were it gets interesting. His father was a no nonsense Vietnam Vet, always had the 1000 yrd stare going on. He was also a gun/military gear collector on a level that would even make the most dedicated on here seem like nogunz. The father finds out that the son can't stay there because IA doesn't want him to have access to guns because he threatened the wife. Soooo dad kicks him out.
Still not good enough for NJ. They informed the father they would be taking the guns till the investigation was over since the son could return and gain access. The dad absolutely loses his shit and barricades the house, tells the cops to fuck off and prepare for "The worst fucking fight of their lives if they think they are taking my weapons due to my sons fuck up". SWAT deployed, all types of fun ensues, but due to his service record and whatever other factors the cops actually backed off.
That man is a fucking legend to me :'( tear up just thinking about him.
Not him but pic related
>>
>>31883599
Thats.. beautiful.
>>
>>31882966
You see, this way, stupid criminals will be tied up in bureaucracy, and smart ones will have to deal with all of the officers that are actually out doing their job, rather than short staffing a regulatory nightmare.
>>
>>31882966
Maybe if it's too easy for criminals to commit crime they'll get tired of doing it.
>>
>>31883599
I can imagine some baby boomer with a m14 telling the cops they won't take him alive.
Top kek
>>
>>31880570
It better fucking not. My whole life goal is to move out to charleston with the gf, get a nice place near the ocean, and buy a boat so I can go out to sea with a couple buoys and have target practice on the water.

Vote in your local elections. Do not fuck this up for me.
>>
>>31882972
Theyre progun you idiot, and with the rate of liberals moving into southern states (fuckin thanks, Austin), we need every progun transplant that we can get down here. Are you really THIS fucking retarded?
>>
>>31882331
Just moved from that fucking hell hole to Florida
>Be me
>'Mirin the weather thats not shit 9 months a year
>Go for a stroll
>Decide to check out a Bubba sounding pawn shop that also sells guns
>Get there and walk in
>Fucking Bubba's pawnshop has more guns and more variety than the only store in the Syracuse area
>Finger fuck WASR
>Finger fuck SAR-1
>Gaze at their selection of at least 150 handguns
>The pawn shop part was literally a half dozen power tools and some TVs in a corner
I can't wait to get set up so I can start buying cool shit that I couldn't own before
>>
>PA
>find gun I want to buy
>fill out small form
>pass backround check
>pay and walk out in under 5 mins
Feels good. Also fuck NJ.
>>
>go to lgs
>point at gun in the case and say "that one"
>fill out 4473
>bullshit with owner during background check
>pay for pistol and leave

Such is life in TX
>>
File: 1477939144530.png (66KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
1477939144530.png
66KB, 250x196px
>Be me
>Live in red state.
>Buy pistol through private sale.
>Dont need permission from state.
>Go to range and shoot whenever I want.
>CC with no permit because my state is free and its legal here.
>Feels good not living in a commie shithole state.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.