[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure some anons come here to ask this question every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: 1190586772_2.jpg (28KB, 365x195px) Image search: [Google]
1190586772_2.jpg
28KB, 365x195px
I'm sure some anons come here to ask this question every week or so but I'm curious: How would a Romero style Zombie Apocalypse play out IRL?

In particular I'm interested in how it would effect military strategical doctrine, logistics, morale, etc. Would the US Army for example be able to adapt it's training and doctrine fast enough to respond to the new threat? Would assests overseas be able to make it back to home territories in time to avert crisis? How would America's militias/private gun owners contribute? Would they be the saviors of the union or would they just confound matters and get in the way? How would air, armor and naval tactics change? What use would other DoD, intelligence, policing and crisis management organizations be?

For the sake of argument let's say it's exactly like Dawn & Day (ie. everyone comes back after they die, not just those bitten).
>>
>>31873583
Basically zombies would get fucked quickly to be honest.

Even though everyone comes back, there are so many gun owners that the major states that would contribute in a scenario like this (i.e. all the interior states) that outbreaks could be put down easily.

Major cities would be the issue, but they could be relatively contained. Anything spilling into the ocean would be an issue.

Probably minimum 6 months to clean up continental US.

As for training and so, once they know what kills them, the only issue is making sure enough bullets are fired and the forces aren't encircled.

Logistics would stem from interior state bases, and would work outwards from there.

Morale would be high initially, because "fuck yeah shooting zombies" but would drop after groups are mauled or shooting child zombies becomes a thing.

Probably.
>>
>>31873673
What about nogunz zones like Yurope and Japan?

China and India seem like they just have too many people and too much social disorganization to effectively contain the undead.
>>
>>31873776
Oh so like a global thing

Well, that depends on the country.

Europoors would probably get fucked for the most part, considering how their cities are placed the military would have issues of zombies coming from everywhere. Countries with some mandated military service would fair far better than anywhere like France, Spain, Greece, etc. Switzerland and Finland would likely have the best border control, if you could call it that.

Africa would be... no idea. I have no idea what they could do.

Asia would actually be a global issue. Too many people, too close together.

South America would probably have control maintained by cartels, gangs and so. The military would probably be a supplement in country-wide statistics.

I can't go into detail with every country, but for those with military bases not surrounded by population centres, they would likely be fine, although a smaller population.

Australia would still be shitposting the whole time.
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 720x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 720x573px
>>31873583
>>
>>31873583

The reason zombies win in fiction is because otherwise there wouldn't be a story, but mostly because the humans have no concept of zombies in zombie media. There are no zombie movies in their universe. Also it seems there is much lower firearm ownership in zombie media.
>>
>>31873583
I've wanted to see someone do a movie where military units fortify places on the outskirts of a city by digging an anti tank trench, and using the dirt to fill Hesco bastions. Probably repeat 2 or three times to ensure a mob of zombies can't overwhelm the outpost by breaking through one wall. Afterwards, bench seats are installed on common cargo trucks and troops patrol facing out, engaging zombies as found, taking care not to stick around if the groups are too large. Repeat until fuel/ammo/zombies run out.

Dismounted troops would deploy in staggered lines-first squad opens fire, and when the horde gets close, it retreats through second squad's lines, and so on, leap frogging backward. Always felt it kind of stupid to stand and try to hold a line unless you were on the perimeter of an evacuation center.

You could deploy small units on top of buildings and lure zombies to them via loudspeakers, flares and other stimuli. Clear and fortify the top few floors, and then open up on the hordes below.

The government would likely order an evacuation of urban areas to better protect civilians and make the troops jobs easier-less worry about stray rounds, but I don't think they'd put much effort into forcing hold outs into shelters, like the slum raid in the original Dawn of the Dead. The government would have enough problems with logistics for the ones who willingly evacuated. Think Superdome. And that's where I think large groups of zombies would come from when/if those evacuation centers fell, probably from within, like the stadium in Fear the Walking Dead.

I'd have a 2 part evacuation-have civilians drive to central areas like churches, schools, shopping areas and run buses from there to fortified evacuation centers. Less traffic congestion around the center.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-10-04-15-37-05-1.png (3MB, 1440x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-10-04-15-37-05-1.png
3MB, 1440x1004px
A lot of countries would fall. Even the US would have a tough time.

Many people can't even pull the trigger on a squirrel. Killing just a fucking squirrel messes with their conscience. They wouldn't be able to handle killing certain undead.

It would be up to US Military, military contractors like Blackwater, private militias, ZERT, and the handfuls of gun owning fudds, prepper civilians, etc. to fight back against the undead.

One of the advantages is that most people are either cremated or are buried too deep or within concrete mausoleums that are locked down. So despite the numbers, many of the undead would be relatively contained already upon resurrection.

So that leaves hospitals. Parents sick children, peoples recently deceased parents, etc. combined with the fact the average American does not necessarily carry firearms, and even those who do, don't all carry into hospitals (we do, but /k/ is paranoid and we definitely don't rep the average gun owner) a very large army would pop up in the epicenter of every major city. Fresher corpses under loose dirt would still attack from the local cemetaries. Many would have qualms with shooting zombie children and potentially zombie elderly should they recognize a loved one. The fear and despair would be hard to combat. Entire neighborhoods, despite potentially hiding survivors, could end up napalmed, bombed or otherwise. Some cities may get so clusterfucked that many governments world-round would agree to nuke their largest cities, because sending in kill-teams could just risk making the hordes larger, with more aggressive and ferocious fresh bodies.

It would become imperative to congregate with other survivors, and build walled-off safe communities and establish contact with the government to avoid becoming part of uecessary collateral damage.

It would be a clusterfuck. And guns could just draw mobs to you if not suppressed.
>>
File: 1477537718737.jpg (88KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477537718737.jpg
88KB, 638x960px
>>31873872
>Africa would be... no idea. I have no idea what they could do.

I doubt much would change

neither the Africans themselves let alone the rest of the world would likely notice a difference.

>Australia would still be shitposting the whole time.

Yeah, theyd be havin a giggle while their nearest neighbor six miles away gets zombified and then killed by local wildlife on the way to the shitposter's house.

Just imagine it, dingoes eating zombie babies.

either way
>mfw killin zeds
>>
File: dead_ver2_xlg.jpg (368KB, 1015x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dead_ver2_xlg.jpg
368KB, 1015x1500px
>>31874028
>>31873872
There's actually a pretty great movie about a USAF Engineer getting stranded in Africa right as a zombie apocalypse is getting bad.

Pic related. It was pretty sweet.
>>
>>31874362

The sequel set in India is pretty alright too. This time the engineer has a ShortRound to his Indy.
>>
Zombies would get fucked because everyone and their mother knows you need to take out the brain.

Only overpopulated underdeveloped areas would be fucked though, but the impact that would have on the world economy wouldn't be pretty.
>>
>>31873903
Ok, mister imaginative. Go with a 28 Days Later or Black Tide Rising scenario where infected people are still alive but crazy and homicidal.
>>
>>31873776
>India seem like they just have too many people and too much social disorganization to effectively contain the undead.
I lived in India for a few years. Trust me a zombie apocalypse would be a lateral move. Plus with all the Hindus and their beliefs it would make things very interesting.
>>
>>31875287
>Plus with all the Hindus and their beliefs it would make things very interesting.
Elaborate
>>
>>31873583
Ramiro zombies were real zombies. Slow stupid brain eaters. Wed actually mop the floor with them.

Now I'm going to bed because booze. Hope zombies don't bite.

If they do than deal, I sleep.
>>
>>31875751

In The Dead 2: India, the engineers girlfriends father claims the zombie apocalypse is a form of mass Karma against a degenerate society. Also being stuck as an undead zombie will fuck up the whole reincarnation deal.
>>
>>31875751
Not him, but Indians as a whole are extremely religious, especially since religions like Hinduism, Sikhism, and Buddhism revolve around the notion of reincarnation until a certain level of enlightenment is reached. So the idea of the undead walking the earth consuming human flesh for sustenance would be an unprecedented event that would assure no immediate reaction from the public, in fact they might welcome it as some form of "punishment" for their sins.
>>
Fuck zombies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg7qKstnPk
>>
>>31873776
>>31873872
>/int/ zombies
I love shit like this.
>>
>>31873872
>>31878147
>ywn fight off zombie hordes in dense Asian metropoles with nothing but hand tools, homemade body armor, and machine shop firearms
>>
>>31878167
Hey have you seen Train to Busan?
Korean zombie film, nobody has guns.
I missed my chance to watch it but apparently a buff Korean dude is the best character.
>>
>>31878173
I think something like that would make for a good video game. Give it a decent crafting system and limited inventory while sticking to strict survival horror genre.
>>
File: Bone tomahawk skull.jpg (101KB, 932x529px) Image search: [Google]
Bone tomahawk skull.jpg
101KB, 932x529px
>>31873903
This. Zombies are a domain of fantasy, Tolkien stuff. You should treat them with as much seriousness as orcs or elves, or some such. Putting them in a realistic setting is like putting Leprechauns in a realistic setting.
>>31875228
95% of zombies will be dead within three days from lack of water. Most of the rest will starve to death or kill and devour eachother, until there's only a handful left. The rest will succumb to the elements within a week. If the region in question is affected during sub-zero temperatures, all zombies will freeze to death or die from necrosis and severe pneumonia before they have a chance to die from thirst.

To sum up, the epidemic will kill itself within a week tops.
>>
By conservative accounts, America has at least 412million guns and we'll over a billion rounds of ammo. It'll get solved pretty handily.

Bigger concern will be clean up and sanitation of the double dead. That's a lot of rot to deal with.
>>
>>31878223
>Give it a decent crafting system and limited inventory while sticking to strict survival horror genre.
What is Dying Light?
>>
Captain Rhodes did nothing wrong
>>
>>31878525
>what is dying light

EZMode after weapons/EXPCaliber is acquired
>>
>>31878223
>>31878525
What about No More Room in Hell on steam?
>>
>>31878649
Except the sword breaks in like 20 hits and can't be repaired.

Not to mention ammo is nearly non existent.

Why am I defending this shit game, the only good part was the grappling.
>>
>>31878711
you do know the original broken EXPCaliber sends motherfuckers flying if you do a heavy swing, right?
>>
The only way to get anything close to the zombie apocalypse presented in fiction is for the catastrophe to have two phases.
1st phase would be a massively virulent strain of the common cold with a long incubation time and a very slow progression of symptoms. It would also need to cause something disabling enough that you can't shrug it off. I think pneumonia symptoms for around 4 weeks are the best fit and the week to two weeks before full on pneumonia would be a highly contagious stage with moderate cold symptoms and lots of sneezing/coughing. It would also preferentially target healthy adults like Spanish flu. It would need to infect around 80% kill 20-30 percent of infected outright.

2nd stage would be a follow on (but could also start while sick in 1st stage) with a prion or fungus or something that degrades brain tissue starting in the higher reasoning areas quickly then slowly attacks the other areas. So someone infected will slowly start losing reasoning skills and coordination before going almost Crosssed like for a day or week then the continued degradation of the brain would render them mindless rage monsters like 28 days later. Once they hit this stage the neural degradation slows until they become like slow resident evil style zombies then death (assuming they have survived this long of course). Not everyone would be infected with this second strain but at least 50% need be and probably more. Bites/gore would transmit the prion/fungus if you didn't get it the first time.

This would ensure that the military/police and government are overwhelmed due to sickness, and quarantine, disposing of the dead and still keeping people fed. The long incubation of first stage is hopefully enough to give it a global reach. Even the first stage would be enough to make the world into the Division but we needed to add in the zombies.

Pretty much the only way zombies can be an apocalypse level threat is if they have tons of help.
*No reanimation of dead in scenario
>>
>>31873583
herd zombies to, CA,NY and NJ. zombies starve. problem solved.
>>
>>31879633
I laffed. 9/10
>>
>>31873872
>>31874028
Africa would be an interesting scenario; while the densely populated cities would definitely get overrun, it would be business as usual for the tribes/farmers/warlords living out in the vast plains and forests. We could see a return to something vaguely resembling the colonial era, with Boer and native militias roving and living off the land while steering clear of the zombie infested cities.

This, of course, will have pretty bad implications for wildlife conservation.
>>
>>31873583
It's like everyone forgets that zombies are essentially slow, dumb animals that walk toward anyone they see in a straight line.

It would be put down quickly and effectively, noguns areas would improvise weapons and set good traps.
>>
It depends on if zombies are slow and decaying or if their very mobile. If their very mobile that's not good. What I would be more worried about is a virus causing all hell in the environment. People could do very well in a zombie apocalypse as long as our wilderness and water streams aren't suffering. If they are...fuck.

We would hope for a slow classic zombie scenario. Easy targets, easy to heard, would give us time to think of how to dispose of them without contamination.
>>
File: 1473684828308.jpg (96KB, 878x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473684828308.jpg
96KB, 878x768px
>>31873903
>>31878283

Exactly right, all you people peddling the whole idea of Zombie are fucking stupid.

Zombies cannot exist as depicted since they violate Second Law of Thermodynamics.

A more realistic scenario would be an Ebola outbreak or some infection disease.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.