[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my 1.5 mile run time? I'm currently at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 174386.jpg (38KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
174386.jpg
38KB, 450x300px
How do I improve my 1.5 mile run time? I'm currently at 14 minutes which is disgraceful. I need 10 minutes to apply. I'm coming up to the top end of the age limit for enlistment so I need to do this fast. I'm training like mad every day but my stamina is shit. Should I try taking some Winstrol or something?
>>
>>31871845
run a fucking shitload faggot, is this rocket science?

Also run in sand, on trails, anything uneven and unpredictable.
>>
Run harder

Do 5K's or hill sprints or something
>>
>>31871845
Run 5 kilometres a day and visit 5K races often.
After a month of running 5Ks start running 10 kilometres a day.
That's pretty much how I do it.
Also: Stretch often both before and after running and use muscle rollers.
>>
File: Awoo-Banner.gif (4MB, 600x188px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo-Banner.gif
4MB, 600x188px
>>31871860
This but with a caveat.

Run as fast as possible up hill for a week, then when you run level you will be on easy mode.
>>
>>31871968
>>31871968
also. If you really suck at running, and are not in a hot climate, do some BCA stax to get up to speed, or even just pop .5 bronkaid.

It WILL make you get in gear BUT you will get tolerant fast. BCA works great if you are fat on the inside and on the outside.
>>
>>31871981
shut the fuck up
>>
>>31871988
>wahhh muh "healthy plus size"
>muh fit privilege tumblr quote
>>
>>31871845
>I'm training like mad every day
>my stamina is shit

Those facts are probably linked. Rest.
>>
Well I have mandatory pt tests every quarter so last quarter I did a 10min and I was ashamed so I ran at least a 5k 5 days a week for about a month or so and my pt test last week I ran a 9min. So just run alot and eat healthy and cut soda.
>>
>>31871981
What the shit is a BCA Stax?
>>
File: mi.jpg (64KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
mi.jpg
64KB, 640x449px
>I'm training like mad every day

Well there's your problem. You need to follow a specific training program to drop your time. This includes rest and nutrition. There are tons of programs around that can get you four minutes faster.

If you have problems with pacing you can try using a smartyphone GPS application. I used the Adidas micoach app for a while, it has nice prebuilt training programs and it yells at you if you go too fast or too slow and it doesn't require anything other than the phone.
>>
>>31872150
Ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin. Not really legal or recommended.
>>
>>31871845
Run more, farther and faster. Push yourself till 1.5 miles is a warmup

Other than that, devote a day a week to sprints and hill repeats each. Don't skimp out on distance though, you should be running almost as far as your indurance run, just way faster and with breaks
>>
Do 100 pushups, 100 sit ups, 100 bodyweight squats, and run 10 km per day.

Also, be sure not to run the air conditioning, even in the summer.
>>
>>31871845
Read the fucking sticky
>>
buy a gun and point it at yourself
threaten yourself to go faster or shoot
>>
>>31871845
I was a lazy fuck and I had a 14 minute 2 mile by the end of basic. It's all mental dude. It's about keeping tough and not slowing down because it sucks
>>
>>31871845
Apply for what? What requires a 10 min 1.5 mile?
>>
>>31871845
You need to push yourself as hard as you can for the 1.5mi and do this every other day until you reach your goal. You will see improvement. Also for stamina, sounds silly but work on "not thinking" about it. The more you shut your mind down and let your body work the more improvement you will make.
>>
File: RIPT_FOOL.jpg (72KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
RIPT_FOOL.jpg
72KB, 500x251px
>>31871981
>>
you'll be amazed how much faster you'll be on the day mate

I'd been running pr's of 12 minutes in training, smashed out 9:39 on the day

>>31872438
paras requires 9:40, I assume the sas probably does too
>>
>>31873328
Oh, OK. In the muhreens I ran a 20 minute 3 mile. I never know what's a good time on 1.5 or 2 mile runs.

When you run 3 you always gotta pace it so there's some gas in the tank for that last mile.
>>
bruh, get an assload of pre workout and chug a couple of ripits. A)you'll have all the energy you need B) anf the thought of ripit shits willhave you running for the john
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.