[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best gun to keep on person nearly at all times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pocketholster.gif (154KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
pocketholster.gif
154KB, 500x694px
What would be the best gun to keep on person nearly at all times when in public in a country that doesn't have a gun culture and might not be friendly to people who carry guns?

Ignore that technically it's illegal to own handguns designed after 1945; the law is volatile, so I'm hoping MAYBE it'll stop being autistic at some time in the future.

Changing post a little because I accidentally posted in a thread...
>>
>designed afer 1945 limitation
>>
File: EDC.jpg (578KB, 1414x1016px) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
578KB, 1414x1016px
>>31871658

Doesn't matter, just wear it so you don't print/expose or don't wear it at all.
I live in Euroland and carry when I can conceal a G19. That means being uncomfortable 1-2 months in a year, or not carrying at that time.
Of course you can just pick a super compact gun like an LCP or Kevin (Micro Eagle) for when it's really hot, but I'm not a fan of these.
>>
>>31871758
Hi-power would be another. Or he could go old-school with a ruby of some type.
>>
>>31871891

HPs are a safe bet, you can get lots of clones in Europe for relatively cheap.
Otherwise you could buy an Enfield/Webley revolver, one of the compact ones preferably. Not sure about other countries but they're plentiful in Czechland.
>>
An old .38 special would probably be fairly effective and concealable. Something along the lines of a S&W Model 10.
>>
>>31871658

I'm an American but sometimes I go to third world countries for work for months. Namely Mexico.

After much searching through contacts I bought me a Glock 26. 10+1 round of 9mm for 6,000.00 pesos. Kind of expensive but a good investment in that country.

If I think I'll have to go through metal detectors I don't carry that day. But for the most part I tend to go to an office building and take taxis.

My biggest fear is being kidnapped so I'd rather go down in a gun fight right then and there than to be taken and savagely mutilated by some Aztec animals.

I carry with a very good DeSantis holster I had some friend mail me and some Bianchi mag holsters as well and a nice black 1 1/2 inch gun belt.

When it's too hot, I will carry a messenger bag, and the gun in the messenger bag with a holster sowed inside so I know where it is and it's position so I could draw quickly.

I used to carry a full size Browning Hi-Power in 9mm which was the first gun I acquired in Mexico and that's how I found out about the awesomeness of carrying in a messenger bag.

Works for very hot weather where all you have is shorts and a muscle shirt.

If I'm not mistaken that is how Brazilian motorcycle robbers carry their weapons.
>>
>>31871758
>>31871856
>>31871961
That's all well and good when in thicker clothes, but I'd prefer an all-year solution

>>31871929
>>31871961
I was going to say revolvers would be bulky, but then I checked the actual size of the S&W Model 10. Sounds like the best thus far, and it's an 1899 design.

>>31872009
Carrying the gun in a bag sounds a bit risky, considering that afaik (I haven't been robbed this way yet, but I know relatives who have) gypsies tend to steal the whole bag, so that would otherwise be an issue.
>>
>>31872187

Yeah and you can be held up at gun point from by someone 5 yards behind you with no place to run forcing you to keep your hands high in the air and then he'll search you and find your gun on your body anyways.

Anything can happen. That's why situational awareness is the most important thing.
>>
I'd carry an LCP because of how easily concealable it is.
>>
>>31871658
A compact gun of course:
Ruger LC9
Glock 43
Walther PPS
SIG SAUER P290
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.