[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why the blowback mechanism of a modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cutout.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cutout.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
Can someone explain to me why the blowback mechanism of a modern semi-automatic pistol only starts after the bullet has exited the barrel.
>>
>>31871035
The pressure behind the bullet that forces it out of the barrel pushes the slide back, ejecting the spent casing and chambering a new round from the magazine.
>>
File: IMG_1035.jpg (17KB, 396x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1035.jpg
17KB, 396x304px
It doesn't. As soon as the round goes off, the gases push the slide backwards (I'm really over-simplifying this) which ejects the spent cartridge and allows a new round to slide into the chamber.
>>
>>31871035
The bullet travels so fast, it leave before the cartridge has time to move back
>>
>>31871035
You're a "special" underage kind of noguns, aren'cha Champ
>>
>>31871035
You may be getting confused by had animations, but like >>31871083
said the action starts moving immediately.
>>
>>31871246
Even if he is, you don't have to be such a condescending asshole. Teach him or at least point him in the right direction.

OP, the blowback mechanism unlocks and opens only after the bullet has exited the barrel because if it opens while the bullet is still in the barrel, the expanding gasses will go the easy way out, backwards, which means bursting the thin brass casing wall and in worst case scenarios render the gun inoperable.
>>
Inertia, nigger.
>>
>>31871035
... because it's really really fast.
>>
>>31871307
TL;DR: Glocknade
>>
>>31871370
No that's because Glock decided it was a great idea to bore out 9mm chambers to .40 because "cheap lmao" and not reinforce them at all.
>>
The weight of the slide plus the spring retards the slide. So the bullet leaves the barrel faster than the momentum that pushes the slide back. After thst barrel and slide travel back because they have overcome said retarding momentum and the reloading show beguns
>>
>>31871035
it doesn't

bullets are fast
>>
>>31871432
/thread
>>
>>31871035
Mass. The ratio of the slide velocity and its mass is equivalent to the ratio of the bullets velocity and mass. Newtons 1st law of motion.

Bullet has low mass, goes fast as hell. Slide has relatively huge mass, goes much slower.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.