[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen Hacksaw Ridge yet? How does it hold up as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: Hacksaw_Ridge_poster.png (156KB, 254x392px) Image search: [Google]
Hacksaw_Ridge_poster.png
156KB, 254x392px
Has anyone seen Hacksaw Ridge yet?

How does it hold up as a /k/-approved war movie. The trailer makes it seem too Hollywood-y.
>>
>>31870743

It's Gibson's son, and he's directing, so it will def be wildly inaccurate and hollywoody, but if it's anything like We Were Soliders, then I'll probably still enjoy it.
>>
>>31870767

i rewatched we-were soldiers a while ago and it was pretty okay until the retarded USA USA ending where they just charge and win out of sheer luck.
>>
>>31870767
We were soldeirs was extrenely accurate though.
>>
>>31870743
I still think the story is stupid. Why the fuck didnt he just be a medic? I think that guy was a fucking idiot.
>>
>>31871138
He was a medic.
>>
>>31870776
Just re-watched this recently after many years, and I was struck by this point.
>Opening scene MAS-36 vs. SKS combat
>US forces use XM16E1 lookalikes
>F-100 air support, etc.
I was hard pressed to find any inaccuracies, final battle notwithstanding.
>>
>>31871138
He was a medic.
>>
>>31871138
He was a medic though.
>>
>>31870775
It's still actually somewhat accurate though.
In fact the officer that ordered the charge was a British citizen that served in Rhodesia, and after retirement went on to be a security officer for a company in the WTC. On the day they fell he emptied his companies floors and was last seen heading back up to look for more people.
>>
>>31871473
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla?wprov=sfla1
>>
Why doesn't he want to carry a gun? Just a faggot or is he mentally ill or something and knows he wouldn't be able to keep himself from gunning down any and every thing he sees if someone puts a gun in his hand?
Like liberals all seem to think.
>>
File: QiFaZpO.jpg (72KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
QiFaZpO.jpg
72KB, 400x226px
Who run Barter town?
>>
>>31871509
>Seventh day Adventist

Literally 10 seconds on google
>>
>>31871138
The only thing that is stupid is you for not taking 5 seconds to google the plot of the movie or learn who it is based off of
>>31870743
According to the critics who have seen it, the combat scenes are brutal as fuck and makes the Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan look tame by comparison

This is the Mel Gibson who brought us Apocalypto after all
>>
>>31871512

The Jews.

(((Angelo Rositto))))

Italian and Jewish with Dwarfism.
>>
>>31871700
>Apocalypto
Worth seeiing? I'm literally watching We Were Soldiers as we speak because of this thread, Hacksaw Ridge comes out Friday where I live. If you say it makes SPR look tame I'm definitely watching it. any gore?
>>
>>31871138
You're angry at something based on your own ignorance
>>
>>31870767
>so it will def
>def
Anti-Mel Gibson people, everybody. "Def" indeed.
>>
>>31871138
>Why the fuck didnt he just be
>he just be
Who fucking talks like this?
>>
>>31871756
Just saying "it has gore" would be an understatement
>>
>>31871778
>Anti-melgibsonmite
So jews.
>>
File: indo41.jpg (40KB, 425x600px)
indo41.jpg
40KB, 425x600px
>>31871316
>I was hard pressed to find any inaccuracies, final battle notwithstanding.
The opening scene was full of it.
From memory:
>"legion officer" with white kepi when it's only worn by rank and file
>wearing kepi at all
>commanding colonial paratroopers
>with their berets on the wrong fucking side
>wearing their red berets at all
>fucking clairon
Legionnaires, and generally French troops in Indochina looked like pic related, with a mix of US and French gear, not a mish-mash of walking inaccurate clichés.
>>
>>31871844
On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is Saving private Ryan and 5 is A Serbian Film, how would you rate it?
>>
>>31871756
Apacalypto is actually pretty damn good. Innajungle Aztec era operating
>>
>>31871913
>Aztec
They were a tribe enslaved by the mayans.
>>
>>31871890
I like Saving Private Ryan.
>>
>>31871756
>Worth seeing?

Yes.

>We Were Soldiers

Less so.
>>
>>31872022
Talking gore levels here
>>
>>31872034
Apocalypto in gore terms is like Last of the Mohicans. It is historical gore, not exploitative gore.
>>
>>31872034
I know, I was just saying I like the freaking movie.
>>
>>31871579

I'm a very busy shitposter.
>>
>>31871778
Gibson makes entertaining movies, but they just blatantly don't give a fuck about the actual history

Watch history buffs, dude just tears Gibson apart
>>
>>31870743
>not carrying a weapon
>"he a hero"

It's saving private ryan for numale faggots who want to be heroes

Dude's a massive faggot, and is just endangering the men he goes to war with. However, this one incident almost redeems his whole character

Tl;dr- in this one instance, he's a hero. All others, he's effectively a terrible person
>>
>>31870743
Movies about conscientious objectors

Sargent York>Hacksaw Ridge
>>
>>31870775
>Not liking the awesome ending
>Confirmed for faggot communist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuaSi-H0oGY
>>
>>31872772
>>31872028
Just seen it and it dragged on for half an hour too long. Also:

>no unfortunate son in the helicopter scenes
1 STAR
>>
>>31872799
>not saying "it ain't me"
>>
>>31872832
I typed silver spoon first but thought it went too far, so I just went with unfortunate sun
>>
>Some special snowflake POG can't shoot people because of autism

>Goes Forrest Gump mode instead

Am I missing anything
>>
>/k/
>movies
After that John Wick thread a couple days ago, I'm convinced this board is quite literally retarded when discussing anything that doesn't pertain to weapons.

Oh wait, /k/'s pretty much retarded there too. It's nothing but retarded.
>>
File: 1367656755360.jpg (56KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
1367656755360.jpg
56KB, 479x359px
>>31872921
>Oh wait, /k/'s pretty much retarded there too. It's nothing but retarded.
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>31872921
first week?
>>
Fucking hell this board is shit sometimes.

>mega faggots can't understand the guy the still served his country despite this.
>>
>>31873201
Conscripts get a choice now?
>>
>>31873218
Yes.
>>
>>31872453
Yes, tell us of your many feats of heroism since you seem so qualified to talk about them
>>
>>31871473
>>31871494
What a man.
>>
>Why would a board that is pro-gun be interested in a film that is anti-gun? The thread

FTFY op
>>
>>31870775
Confirmed communist
>>
>>31874416
The film is only anti-gun on a skin-deep level.
>captcha: perra calle
Shut up mexican captcha.
>>
File: alvin york.gif (64KB, 305x400px) Image search: [Google]
alvin york.gif
64KB, 305x400px
>being a CO and religiously against taking life is anti-gun

nigga please.
>>
>>31874116
He's not wrong tho. The guys actions are not to be emulated under any circumstances, and anyone who would opt to face the imperial Japanese army unarmed because of "muh religious feels", is an idiot. Guy wanted to serve his country but on his own terms.

That being said, he saved the lives of 75 or so soldiers and did so valiantly. That doesn't change the fact that he was a self righteous pacifist in a war zone.
>>
>>31872840
>>31872799
it's fortunate son dumb faggot
>>
>>31871888
I think that was probably done on purpose though just to make it abundantly clear to the people watching "Hey, look this is in the 50's when the French were fighting here, not the Americans."
If you had them kitted out the right way, the idiots that make up 60% of movie viewers would get too confused.
>>
>>31874627
>anti-gun on a skin deep level

Look... The film is about a religious, pacifist-medic who refuses to pick up a firearm because it's against his morals.

Yes, he did save lives and did so with honor - despite everything going against him
>being in war
>others using guns
>not shooting a gun
>being discriminated against by his fellow soldiers (whom will learn a valuable lesson about the merits of pacifism)

This film couldn't be any more anti-gun if it tried
>>
File: canttouchthatgungimmepurplesoda.jpg (148KB, 1298x540px) Image search: [Google]
canttouchthatgungimmepurplesoda.jpg
148KB, 1298x540px
>I'm sorry sergeant, I can't touch a gun

FUCKIN' DROPPED

what happens when he's carrying someone back, potentially saving their life and Tojo pops out of the ground with a rifle? A pistol could have saved both his and the wounded man's life, but instead they would have both been shot to death.
While the man did extraordinary things, objectively, he put men's lives at risk.
>>
>>31874820
It's not antigun, Mel is pretty pro fucking gun. Like his other films it's about faith, and aboutique a man who rather than fight he spent his entire time going through no man's land to save the would be dead.
>>
>>31874698
It's "I ain't no senators son" you uncultured swine.
>>
>>31875218
This Anon gets it

>>31876491
This one does not
>nor can they construct a sentence correctly
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>31876491
And pic related isn't antigun either. Its about a strong, independent woman doing what she has to break glass ceilings in the never ending fight for equality.
>>
>>31874820
Where is the 'guns r bad m'kay' message, exactly?
>>
>>31874752
You'd think them speaking French would've been enough to get the point across
>>
How come /k/ doesn't fucking hate guns the same way /v/ hates videogames?
>>
>Has anyone seen Hacksaw Ridge yet?
Caught an advanced screening. Good movie. The basic training scene was tops. Not quite as good as Full Metal Jacket, but better than Jarhead.
>>
>>31870743
I don't care how many people he saved. A soldier refusing to follow the basic doctrine and given a special snowflake exception undermines the very essence of the chain of command and the structure of the military. He should have been sent to the rear echelon or exempted from service. Whatever dipshit allowed him to serve on the frontline didn't deserve his commission.
>>
>>31877523
because liberals stay away from guns
>>
>>31878473
I'm pretty sure /v/ is nationalist-homosexual like a lot of /k/ and most of 4chin.
>>
>>31872480
*turkey call*
>>
>>31877279
idk.... there are some true blooded dumb fucks around these days.
>>
>>31878482
yea it was kinda like walking on the moon when i first came here... only with more looking away while fast scrolling and quick checking for adams apples. but i started on /b/
>>
>>31874687
I think it'd be pretty funny if numale legions joined the modern army and demanded that because of "muh religion" they couldn't carry on the front lines.

Can you imagine the purge by ISIS? They'd be doing us a favor, holy shit I just solved our liberal problem
>>
>>31872402
(((History buffs)))
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.