[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$650 >full auto belt feed .22 pellet gun Tell me why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

>$650
>full auto belt feed .22 pellet gun

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this
>>
File: yivbib.png (85KB, 883x780px) Image search: [Google]
yivbib.png
85KB, 883x780px
Because for that money you could buy an actual gun?
>>
>>31866704
you SHOULD buy this
>>
>>31866729
Already have plenty
>>
only if it could be made to work by diesel and have .22lr muzzle velocity/energy.
>>
>>31866704
if it has around the velocity of a break barrel you should get one.
>>
>>31866771
600 fps with regular lead pellets

It's about the speed of your typical cheap chinese break barrel

>>31866754
That would be fantastical
>>
>>31866704
That's.... A Tippmann 98 paintball gun. Interesting, cause those things used to go for 200 bucks about. And now they've been pretty much phased out with a new rental gun. Though they are still abundant, and everyone has used one at some time.
>>
>>31866704
because here's whats going to happen...
>blow money on it
>buy a bunch of ammo
>hardly shoot it
>toss it in the closet for it to get knocked around while looking for other shit
>remember you put it away because it performed like shit or it broke due to being cheap shit
>scramble to get it working long enough to sell it to some scrub online as you realize the money could have been spent on several thousands of rounds of ammo or a new gun when you should be buying ammo.
>>
>>31866736
then buy more ammo. And dont give me that bullshit about you having enough to try to justify your silly desire for a child's plaything. You don't have enough ammo and you know it.
>>
>>31866826

Is it a 98 with the response trigger kit? The piston is visible behind the trigger I think.

Should have an E-grip instead for programmable fire modes lol.
>>
You clearly seem intent on wasting money on a silly child's toy, so go ahead and do it. More ammo for me with elections right around the corner. Idiot.
>>
>>31866844
I think I'd use it a lot, more than my other guns I get to shoot maybe 3 times a month at most. And pellets are cheap, like $5 for 250
>>
>>31866881
You think but you will get bored. You will end up with plenty of cheap ammo for a child's play thing when you should use that money to buy real ammo.
>>
Loading belts sucks.

Like, it really sucks.

Pellets aren't even pointed like rifle cartridges so I bet it sucks more.
>>
You can put more rounds into a larger bird, or any small game for that matter quicker than most other air-guns or actual firearms for that matter with this anyway
>>
>>31866858
You might be right. Fuckin hard to tell, but I think I see the response bits. I guess this way, you don't need batteries. And if it doesn't take as much air as a normal 98, shouldn't be a problem. If it does' somehow, that's fucked though. Apparently an A5 with Cyclone, and response trigger still takes less air than a regular 98.
Or so I've heard.... Though I believe it with what I've seen.
>>
>>31866908
I already use break actions air rifles in my yard to target shoot. I've got a 60yrd line. I shoot my airguns every single day

>>31866938
It comes with a speed loader thing, it's pretty neat
>>
>>31866979
sure you do. Enjoy your buyer's remorse.
>>
>>31866979
i think everyone pissing on your parade is poor.
>>
Do it.

Fuck the haters in this thread.
>>
>>31866704
It's literally a fucking Tippmann 98 Custom modified to fire .22

It's a fucking paintball gun.
>>
We have no right to tell how to spend your money.

That being said, I think you should get it and report back to us. I'm curious, yet poor
>>
>>31866736
>Has enough guns already
Impossible.
>>
>>31866736
>enough dakka
>>
File: imwithher.jpg (41KB, 565x320px) Image search: [Google]
imwithher.jpg
41KB, 565x320px
>>31866704
>>
>>31866944
>sitting in back yard trench at night
>hear rustling in the washing line
>shoot flare up
>squirrels in the wire
>begin to tactically full auto squirrel
>screaming for more belts as squirrel begins to flank
>abandon trench
>call in quad copter airstikes

Such is life in the yard.
>>
>>31868953
never forgive, never forget... yard 2016. anon was there.
>>
Get it and remove can. Thats what i use it for. I dont drink enough cans to shoot so its like 1 minute of fun
>>
>>31866704
>>31866736
Get training, faggot.
>>31866793
...so it's a $650 airsoft gun.
wow.
>>
>>31866704
In terms of rodent removal, what does an 800 fps pellet get you? 1000'll do a chipmunk or squirrel just fine, but is marginal with a woodchuck. Does the full auto negate that?

Really, what I want to know is whether or not I can keep one by the kitchen window in a compact urban area for woodchuck removal.
>>
File: rap4a5.jpg (58KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
rap4a5.jpg
58KB, 500x332px
Paintball to airsoft conversion kits got me thinking recently. Paintball to auto big bore airgun conversion, wearing a 13lbs HPA charging station like a scuba tank...
>>
>>31869209
>airsoft
>.22 pellet
How have you not accidentally murdered yourself yet? And you own real firearms? We're fucked.
>>
>>31869229
Imagine being hose down with .22 short.
>>
>>31869450
Except it's literally less than a quarter the power of a .22short
>600fps MV with 12gr pellets (10 FPE/13Joules)
vs
>1100fps with 20gr bullets (54FPE/73Joules)
>>
>>31869484
Oh, also:
>only achieves 600fps with PBA ammo
>PBA .22cal pellet is 9.8gr, so shave 2 FPE off the pellets for a massive...
>8 foot pounds of muzzle energy
>literally a seventh of .22short
>>
>>31869209
>...so it's a $650 airsoft gun.
>wow.
You fail at maths. Go calculate the energy difference.
>>
>>31866704
I'm tempted to buy one too.
It just looks like the most fun way imaginable to remove skunk/coons from sheds or the yard other than turning them inside out with the vz or ak.
And it's just another niche toy for the gun collection.
>>
>>31869209
>tiny bb pellets of doom
>lel, just airsoft
>>
>>31869545
lol, even assuming 600fps with the .25g you're at 3FPE for an airsoft pellet.

Granted that isn't HORRIBLY behind the 8FPE for a 9.8gr PBA .22cal pellet, but still.
>>
>>31866704
Get a Drozd instead. 1200rpm cheaper and like a 300rnd mag
>>
>>31866754
If it used diesel it would be a firearm
>>
>>31866754
Propane would also be a potential fuel source. I've already got a few ideas for if too...
Proposal #1: Diesel piston
>basically sealed open-bolt system
>fuel/air mixture injected like standard diesel engine
>bolt slams closed and increases pressure to ignite
>ignition produces pressure to blow bolt back, preparing for next shot
Potential issues involve the strength of any spring needed to increase pressure significantly; however, this could be assisted by a gas system pulling exhaust gas from the barrel into a pressure chamber behind the bolt. Of course, this wouldn't work for the first shot and another method would be necessary for that. In general, it's a fucking stupid design.
Proposal #2
>same as #1 but with a recessed spark plug in the bolt that triggers once a certain pressure is reached
>theoretically could work with either liquid or gaseous fuel
>could sacrifice a low-pressure weak first shot to avoid needing retard strong spring, would need gas pressure chamber as suggested above
>would need serious venting, a short barrel, or a bore evacuator to avoid flooding the combustion chamber with exhaust and overpressurizing/flooding the system
>without these features either you get a gun that blows itself apart after brief firing or a dismal rate of fire
Maintenance would probably be a massive pain in the ass, liquid fueling wouldn't work well in cold weather and would need a separate fuel pump. Overall, building a full-auto liquid-fueled gun would take far more trouble than it could possibly be worth
>>
>>31866704
Someonwle really hates birds in his yard.
>>
>>31869440
I was referring to the fps
Retard.
>>31869589
Yes.
>>
File: 2016_09_04_20.20.06.jpg (1MB, 2492x1438px) Image search: [Google]
2016_09_04_20.20.06.jpg
1MB, 2492x1438px
>>31866736
>Already have plenty
Do you know where you are anon?
>>
are there any cheaper/higher quality options out there? whenever I try to find one I just get airshit
>>
>>31866729
Easily the most stupid post on this thread. Really, think about it. It's a fully automatic .22 pellet gun.
It's fully automatic and only $650.
>>
>>31866704
I would be interested in this if it was 200$ cheaper. That way I could buy a few HPA tanks and a good manual air pump for it. Otherwise (to me) this thing will never be used because having to go out and have others refill tanks takes more time and hassel than to use it.
>>
>>31866704
Seams neat. It reminds me of the full auto BB guns at the fair when I was little.
>>
>>31866704
i want to put it on a drone and full auto sky hunt
>>
>>31866754
>>31869941
Just do it however Tippmann did it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippmann_C-3
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.