[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK overnight security worker here, in a bit of a situation and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: _20161023_080610.jpg (109KB, 675x1067px) Image search: [Google]
_20161023_080610.jpg
109KB, 675x1067px
UK overnight security worker here, in a bit of a situation and I need a /k/ommandos advice.

Basically I work in a large building surrounded by open land, with some wooded areas, around 60 acres. I work alone and am solely responsible for the entire area and building (dumb as fuck).

We had 2 break-ins last week.
Also I have found threatening notes on the ground presumably left by disgruntled ex employees. Telling me to come find them, watch my back ect, they have seen me ect.

Is it too far to buy a concealed NIJ level 2 vest?
What weapons can I arm myself with?
All I have right now is a heavy torch.
The thing that gets me is I am in near total darkness and there are so many blind spots both inside the building and outside.
>>
>>31862261
AR style rifle with decent scope, body armor, 2 or 3 mags should suffice, and zip tie cuffs. And a fucking security system
>>
>>31862278
He said "UK".
>>
Honestly first thing I'd do is ask your boss to hire additional guards. As far as guns go anything from 9mm to .45 is alright for serious self defense. I'd go with sig, they're high quality imo
>>
>>31862297
and do it the British way - "by the book". The more paperwork, the cleaner is your ass.

Though, it looks like a lose/lose situation - either you'll get hurt by those who want to hurt you, or fired by those whose goals you will no longer be fulfilling. They might call you a pussy - but that'll be desperation speaking, it's your ass on the line, not theirs.
>>
>>31862261
lights with movement detectors on the perimeter, a dog and ask for a baton. Provide all the info you collected to your boss. If he don't give you anything then do absolutely nothing next time someone enters, anyway you can't do anything to them apart telling them you are calling the police.
>>
>>31862291
a cellphone
>>
>>31862261
rape whistle
>>
>>31862261
Well, i would like to break in to that girl, op.
>>
>>31862261
Had a friend in a similar situation. He didn't do patrols and just locked himself in an office and called police when guys eventually did turn up to steal/potentially murder him.

Get a better job would be my advice.
>>
>>31862261

Unlikely they will have a gun and stab proof vests can be brought easily online in the UK. A big D cell maglite torch is must as it can be explained away as being part of your job. If you are on private property and it's outside public hours then there is no reason you can not carry a good fixed blade knife. The law on carrying a knife does not apply on private property. Other than that, just keep your eyes peeled and report anything you see to the police, also ask work to hire extra guards.
>>
>>31862261
Maybe consider not working for the EU/UN.

Also get a condom, preventing your brutal and devastating rape is a hate crime according to the people you work for.
>>
>>31862261
Convert to Islam. Muzzies have more rights than everyone else over there and you'll basically be allowed to kill people.
>>
>>31862395
Assault-style high capacity rape whistle.
>>
File: 1473354007485.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1473354007485.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>>31862382
>>
Not sure on the laws regarding antique firearms in the UK, but maybe you can get a black powder pistol? Anyone not used to guns will probably shit themselves even if a flintlock is being fired at them.
>>
>>31862261

Post more slave girls.
>>
>>31862261
I also work nighttime security. While break-ins are not an issue where I work, you gotta get some cameras set up. Convince your boss to set up as many as possible, set up to monitor in an office. No amount of patrols are as good as a good camera system. I have about 25 cameras where I work, both interior and exterior. I know if a fucking squirrel is approaching the building. Nothing gets by me.

Also, make sure every possible entry point is locked down.
>>
>>31863608
even better; overload that thing with blackpowder and load gravel from the ground. Sets em on fire and you escape in the smokecloud, call police about some "explosion"
>>
>>31863689

My boss refuses to pay for or fix any of the broken cameras, also there are several doors open all night that cannot be locked. He refuses to fix these too, he's all comy in his bed at night so he doesn't care whereas I am in there waiting for anything to happen.
>>
File: dsal-2.jpg (96KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
dsal-2.jpg
96KB, 580x580px
>>31864212
Might be worth the expense
>>
>>31862261
Why would ex-employees have a grudge against you?
>>
>>31864252

Not me personally, but the company is very shitty and has fucked over a lot of people.
>>
>>31862261
Stab vest
High lumen and throw flashlight.
Wouldnt hurt to have a butt buddy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.