[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you the battle of Berlin happened 69 years before you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: communistreevar.png (192KB, 509x753px) Image search: [Google]
communistreevar.png
192KB, 509x753px
>tfw you the battle of Berlin happened 69 years before you were eligible to serve
what battles or campaigns do you wish you could've seen first hand?
>>
File: battle-of-waterloo-2015-hero-H.jpg (740KB, 1389x454px) Image search: [Google]
battle-of-waterloo-2015-hero-H.jpg
740KB, 1389x454px
>>31861701
Would have loved to see the battle of Waterloo from a safe distance away.

Could you imagine witnessing a key battle in the last great forceful expansion of an empire? Gets me hard just thinking about it.
>>
File: Warrior Base.jpg (282KB, 994x694px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior Base.jpg
282KB, 994x694px
>>31861701
I missed Vietnam by 13 years. In perspective, the GWOT has been going on for 15 years.
>>
>>31861701
Why would you want to fight in a battle you know you're going to lose?
>>
File: 1476034490255.jpg (241KB, 900x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1476034490255.jpg
241KB, 900x1349px
>>31861701
Vietnam most likely, i feel like a weird loser for some much nostalgia for a time ive never experienced and i feel like a even weirder loser for romanticizing a terrible war.

I think its because there was a lack of formalities and the military was rather lax compared to what its like now.
>They allow women in combat, muslims to dress in something other than regs, and they are paying for sex changes but im not allowed to take a gun home with me or burn down a village.(these are jokes just in case some alphabet soup organization is lurking).
On the other hand maybe hillary will win and we will have another total war where the rules and regulations are waved.

also i really dont like to many of the people who join the military. I find them to be really annoying for the most part.(at least the guys from my town).
I think the whole anemoia feeling is lame but i feel alot.
>>
>>31861701
>tfw Desert Shield starts 2 days after turning 18
>tfw immediately enlisted
>tfw still in OSUT when Desert Storm ended thanks to a fucking 5-week admin hold at reception
Thanks a fucking lot Benning.
>>
>>31862214
>tent on a gravelled hill
>chain link fence separating it from a fucking parking lot visible less than 50m behind it
God I miss TRADOC
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.