[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all know that Commiefornia is trying to get rid of the ar-15.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

We all know that Commiefornia is trying to get rid of the ar-15. This might be a retarded question but I'll give it a shot. If I don't have enough $$$ to get a full ar right now, should I just walk into a gun store and get a receiver? I would still be able to buy the rest of the parts after the ban is enacted, right?
>>
>>31861625
Not a bad idea all in all. If youre gonna do it, do it today before the prices get inflated even more.
>>
>>31861625

The lower is actually the part that is technically "the gun".

But in California it does not matter. If you have a weapon that has too many "assault features" it's illegal. Full stop, no grandfathering, fuck you, it's illegal. So it doesn't matter how many lowers you buy you can't put them together with an upper if you have a baby killing pistol grip and a woman raping detachable magazine.
>>
>>31861650

I'll have to go for a featureless build, but I'm hoping the rest of the parts stay in the market.
>>
>>31861625
If you buy a receiver before 2017, it can be registered as an "assault weapon". You can do a normal build with that, albeit with all the restrictions that come with having a RAW.
>>
>>31861650
This is disinformation, you can register your new weapon between 2017 and 2018 as an assault weapon as long as you had it before December 29th 2016
>>
>>31861645
I agree I've seen people paying 200 dollars for anderson lower.
>>
>>31862058
>registering
>ever
>>
>>31862058
>registering
>laughingJewYorkers.png
>>
>>31862058
DONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLYDONOTCOMPLY
>>
OP here. If I go through with this, what receiver should I get?
>>
>>31861625

if it is a stripped reciver it wont have that evil pistol grip on it.

check out monsterman grips for a replacement grip. then get a muzzlebreak instead of flash hider and a fixed stock and you are good.

shitty bit is most uppers come with a flash hider, so i duno about that. easy to switch though
>>
>>31862766

doesnt matter. ive gotten a few blemmed psa lowers where i couldnt find the blem.
>>
>>31862058
I'm pretty sure this means you can then take the bullet button off since it's a registered "assault weapon" now. I'm registering mine just to do that. I'll be leaving CA within three years anyways
>>
>>31862058

so how does this work anyways? does this mean I can build an "assault weapon" so long as I register it or it has to be registered in a non-assault weapon form and I can uncuck it after the deadline?
>>
>>31864515

bump for answers
>>
>>31864412
I would hold off your decision to register pending election results, there is no telling if there will be a nationwide registration within the next couple years in which case the California records will be transferred and included
>>
>>31861650
Just go fin wrap or a weird pistol grip alt. Put on a comp or brake. Put on a fixed stock.
Keep regular parts.
Moment you leave this shithole state, you screw on everything and make it normal again.
>>
>>31864515

bump
>>
>>31864602
Trump's gonna win :^)
>>
>>31862766
I always fire my M16/M4/AR-15 with my nose touching the charging handle and I look down the sites. Am I the only one that still does it like the military taught?
>>
>>31864602
they still haven't even put a form up on their website yet to register all these new "assault weapons" so gonna have to wait either way.
>>
>>31862058
>>31861625 (OP)
fellow Californian. Anon is correct, you can buy a stripped lower receiver before Jan 1st, you then register that receiver as an assault weapon before 2018.

**a stripped receiver is technical not an assault weapon yet. I seriously doubt they will do a visual check to see that it is one, but to make it one you will need to add a pistol grip to the receiver and a bullet button/mag release. This will make it technically an assault weapon under California law.

***I am not sure what will be in the assault weapon registration form, but they could ask for barrel length.
>>
File: 1475050268241.jpg (73KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475050268241.jpg
73KB, 852x960px
>but I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>31861729
just get a bullet button you dunce.

You can put all the features you want with one & I believe they sell a magnetic bullet button if you want to go 0-felon real quick.
>>
>>31862766
Get one from 80 percent arms.

It includes a serial number & manufacturer (YOU) to let you legally keep it after 2018.

you should really be asking Cal Guns you scrub.
>>
>>31866479

so are you saying the registry is currently open and it is legal to make an assault weapon now so long as I register it or it has to conform to current laws and it will be an assault weapon later anyways?
>>
File: 1477767198977.jpg (77KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477767198977.jpg
77KB, 960x640px
>>
>>31866531

hello?
>>
>>31866531
That's part of what's causing the confusion. The law has specifically targeted the current incarnation of the bullet button starting 1/1/17. On that date, no new guns can be registered with that configuration. We already technically have an AW registry on the books since the early 2000s, the bullet button currently was our way around it.

So, this legislation has retroactively turned all of our guns with bullet buttons into assault weapons. So we have until the end of 2017 to either register them as AWs, or convert them to featureless.

There is a new bullet button on the market that "technically" meets the new requirements of the new legislation (ie you have to pop the action open in order to drop the mag) but no one's willing to be the lamb to test the theory.

>>31866479
This. You can buy the lower receiver and hold on to it during the entire year of 2017. By the end of 2017 however, you have to decide how you want to configure it. If you make it featureless, you don't have to do diddly registration wise and just make the featureless rifle. If you want to go the AW route, then yes you'll have to register that lower and then you can build accordingly.
>>
>>31866842
Bullet buttons are going away as a "loophole" end of this year.

For this reason, they are reopening the Cali assault weapon registry again. (Previous times are 1989 & 2000)
Anyone with a bullet button "evil gun" can resister. Otherwise your only legal option is featureless.

I'm planning to do both. Register some and keep others of the radar (featureless pre 2013)
>>
>>31866566
that will still be an "assault weapon" under California law: ie the thumbhole stock and/or forward grip
>>
>>31867008
Things to note if you do decide to go AW for california:

-You can only take it to and from the range or (a location intended and designed for recreational shooting). you cannot stop for say, lunch after shooting and leave the gun in your car in the parking lot while you go eat. (I don't know how they'll prove it, but it'll give cops a reason to search and possibly cite you)

-You must carry the registration paperwork with you at all times while transporting the weapon.

-You cannot loan it to anyone.

-While using it, non-registrants of that weapon (read: everyone who's not you) CANNOT touch it or handle it.

-You can't pass it on to your kids.

-You can't sell it to anyone

-If you have to send it in for repairs (say like a mfger defect etc) you have to ship it through an FFL that has an AW class (forget whether it's a class 7 or 3)

And those are the things off the top of my head. A lot of shit is up in the air right now so finding concrete info is extremely hard to come by.
>>
>>31866531
the website is not online yet.

just buy a stripped lower (they are around $150). Then sometime in 2017 register it as an assault weapon, or leave it alone and be stuck with it featureless or with a fixed magazine
>>
>>31867036
they're making a removable fill in to make a California compliant version
>>
>>31867062
Yup, pre-orders for the cal-compliant stock should be available in about 1-2 weeks according to their facebook page.

Specs revealed so far are that they use carbine buffer tubes, AR15s only (no 308 version yet), they'll be available in OD Green, Black and FDE, and I think that's it.

The thumbhole insert will be removeable as well if you end up going to a non ban state.
>>
>>31867038
most are true. But they have the option of deregistering it, and then you can pass it or sell it. But the new owner has to leave it featureless.

Also not sure about the use/touching. If memory serves me, you cannot loan it to anyone, or have it be in their possession. I am not sure how this applies to "touching" it.
>>
>>31867081
Aye I forgot to mention that. They'll let you "de-register" it. However the wording seems to point that you can only de-register it once. So no AW-Featureless-Back to AW route it seems.
>>
>>31867062
oh ya i remember that. although that forward hand grip would have to go
>>
>>31867080
thats fucking perfect, cant wait to order mine they look cool as fuck
>>
>>31867095
yup you can only dereister it once, because after Jan 1st 2018 you cannot register
>>
>>31867103
Same, I've got 3 ARs to convert and I'm seriously considering doing at least 1-2 with that setup.
>>
does anyone know if they put up a new flow chart for next years assault weapon definition?
>>
>>31866566
That looks pretty sweet, but to seperate receiver it looks like you will have to pull both pins for easiest method?
>>
just remember, you might as well register AT LEAST one lower receiver. You will never agin be able to register one, so you might as well. You can always buy more featureless.

Also expect in X years, they will change the law to ban the featureless loophole, somthing like "all centerfire rifles with a magazine". Then you be left with your limp dick of a featureless asking /k/ if you should register it or make it even more limp
>>
>>31867038
They can shoot it, but you must be present.
>>
>>31867216
does it really matter to register because all guns will be confiscated and illegal in California. then all you can buy is the smart pistol to express your 2nd amendment right.
>>
>>31862058

>register

Fuck that and fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_5031.jpg (3MB, 2838x2180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5031.jpg
3MB, 2838x2180px
>>31861625
Buy a stripped lower and a psa (NOT PTAC) complete rifle kit.

After that you need a rear sight, mags and ammo as well as things like a vice, vice block, etc etc.

You can further not comply by doing an 79.99999% lower and telling California to FUCK right off.

760 checking in
>>
>>31867367
Also, if you comply with any of this shit you're a cuck.

Civil disobedience is the way to go
>>
>>31867343
hey we are on the front lines, be glad we are trying to make a stand. Your state is next desu
>>
>>31867367
all "ghost guns" will either have to be featureless or you will need to register them. It's part of the new law. So you are not immune anymore
>>
>>31867114
i feel that going featureless is the best option in a bad situation, fuck registration and fuck bullet buttons
>>
>>31867400
good luck with the felony weapons charge tripfag
>>
>>31867421
ghost guns need to be serialized to stay legal regardless of features
its part of the new laws
>>
>>31867421
well they haven't really made clear the manufacturing part. they say if you make a firearm you have to serialize but they don't describe the process.
>>
>>31867449
they do describe it. they saw it has to be unique alphanumerics. You contact DOJ with the serial you have and they approve it (or not). The characters have to be a certain size and depth (i forget the exact mm)
>>
File: 1474626011618.jpg (126KB, 1238x652px) Image search: [Google]
1474626011618.jpg
126KB, 1238x652px
>>31861625
ITT: FAGGOTS AND KEKS

What happened to the American patriots, what happened faggots.
>>
>>31867008
>>31867038

so after it becomes an AW I can convert it to have a standard mag release?
>>
>>31867432
And good luck to the officers who come to essentially end someones life with a massive prison sentence.
>>
>>31867604
Yes?
>>
>>31867604
theoretically yes
you could with the old RAWs
no clue about the newones since information is very limited
>>
>>31865666
Satan has his fundementals down... Or is really short.
>>
File: 20161013_164839.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_164839.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>31862766
Wood guns need durr
>>
>>31867754

>patrolling the Mojave....
>>
>>31866507

No, the new laws specifically made bullet buttons illegal.
>>
>>31867775
one of the reasons I want a wood AR
>>
>>31867870
now heres a question they say next year you have to make it complaint. did they specify that you couldn't weld up all the openings on a bullet button making it a mag lock on other firearms and leave a mag in technically making the mag permanent
>>
>>31867971
That's fine, before bullet buttons were a thing people just riveted mags in, and reloaded by rotating the upper and using a mag charger.
>>
>>31867134
Not yet. Places like calguns aren't posting anything because the wording of these new laws haven't been fully implemented yet. We're kinda in a "wait and see" at the moment.

>>31867142
If you're referring how to dissassemble it, it should use the standard 2 takedown pins like any other AR. The only limitation would be if you want to use the fancy foregrip, you'd have to either register it as an assault weapon, or use the new Bullet Button 2.0 (or "Reloaded" as it's also known) in order to make it compliant.

>>31867604
Correct, once you register it, it's basically an unneutered weapon like non-ban states. Fully functional, all the bells and whistles, just have to comply with the more onerous rules here:>>31867038

>>31867870
Correct, there is that new bullet button 2.0 that requires you to pop open the action by removing the rear takedown pin. This "in theory" satisfies the new requirement that the "action must be dissassembled in order to drop the mag" requirement, but once again, no one has come out and said 100% that it should meet the requirements of this new law.

http://www.guns.com/2016/07/06/new-bullet-button-is-compliant-with-fresh-ban-on-old-bullet-buttons-video/
>>
>>31866517
Do not ask Cal Guns. It's a shill site these days.
>>
>Live in the Peoples' Republic of Maryland
>See this thread
>Look at my "Heavy Barrel" AR
>Remember I got off easy

Godspeed California Anons. Godspeed.
>>
>>31867623
This

Why is it that every operator level person I've ever experienced is FROM California

It's like we're the only ones sick enough of them fucking with our guns to actually try and do something about it

Even Texas is like "ehhh maybe we'll give up our guns, civil war? I don't really feel like it"

Like. Really. Logically. Who in their right mind is going to go to any self respecting gun owner's house, and try to just straight up take their guns?
A couple dumb cops?
There's only so many of them
I'm a great shot
I have a plate carrier
Eventually they'll realize they're wrong and they'll stop. Either that or we're gunna have to cull the stupid.

Don't be a gun cuck
Defend your weapons with your other weapons.
>>
>>31868359
Another crabnigger here.
Where did you get it? How much was it?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.