[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the deal with Massachusetts and ARs? Everywhere I read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1449428312404.jpg (156KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1449428312404.jpg
156KB, 708x1000px
What is the deal with Massachusetts and ARs?

Everywhere I read it was 'ARs are BANNED in MA none at all!'

I recently moved here, and went to my closest FLGS. Tons of ARs. I asked the owner about the ban and he just laughs and goes 'Yeah, well, you know its fine.'

Okay maybe its a hardcore 2nd Amendment gun store. I can respect that.

A few weeks later I check out my local outdoor gun club/shooting range. They give me a tour on a Saturday, tons of shooters from all around the area.

ARs. Left and right.

Again, I mention the ban and ask "Aren't ARs specifically banned in MA?"

Range guy kinda laughs and goes "Yeah.... not really."

What am I missing here?
>>
>>31856507
Are you actually autistic?
>>
>>31856507
How else do you get people to buy a certain gun? You scare them with ban. How many people bought Catcher in the Rye because it 'was' a banned book? If you scare people with the idea that it will be taken away later they will buy Now. Welcome to America my friend, enjoy capitalism
>>
>>31856569

I hope not. What are you implying?
>>
>>31856583
If you couldn't get what they were telling you, you are actually an autist.
>>
>>31856569
>>31856575

This is what I found when I was looking up MA gun laws before moving here:

>Assault weapons are defined (with no exceptions, except pre 1994 models) as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models), Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil, Beretta Ar70 (SC-70), Colt AR-15, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC, SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12, Steyr AUG, INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22, revolving cylinder shotguns, Street Sweeper, and the Striker 12.
>>
>>31856600
you're an idiot.
>>
>>31856598
>>31856636

Goddamnit guys I might be an autistic retard but help me out
>>
>>31856666
such quads are wasted on you.
MAAAAAAYYYBEEEEEEEE SOME PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT THE LAW

AND MAAAAAAYYBEEE SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE MAJORITY OF COPS IN MASSACHUSETTS
>>
File: 1469142767861.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1469142767861.png
37KB, 1127x685px
>>31856685

I can't believe that was my fucking quads post.

Alright well still, this happened in Mass and it got me all spooked about anything gun-related.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/massachusetts-college-student-faces-prison-for-owning-gun-magazines/
>>
File: pepemaybe.png (54KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pepemaybe.png
54KB, 657x527px
>>31856600

idk about your gun laws, but I'm a Californian and we have ARs everywhere with similar laws. Seems like your laws are stating that those specific weapons are banned by name. But if you have, like, an Aeroprecision AP-15 or a Colt LE6920, you're not breaking any laws.
>>
>>31858074

Canadian here. Our laws state "all AR-15 and variants" fall into the restricted class of firearms which even covers .22LR rifles that can't share any upper or lower components with an AR but still use the AR design.

All gun laws are written by retards.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.