[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you carry with a +1 round. Please don't misunderstand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 6

File: one round.jpg (6KB, 385x256px) Image search: [Google]
one round.jpg
6KB, 385x256px
Do you carry with a +1 round. Please don't misunderstand me. I am not asking if you carry with a round chambered. I am asking if you chamber a round, then remove the mag, then add one more round to the mag to top it off before reinserting it into the gun.
>>
>>31856467
Yes.
>>
>>31856467
Yes.
>>
>>31856467
Yes.
>>
Yes but I'm a not a fucking faggot like that. I lock my slide back, put a round in, send it home, and throw the mag in
>>
>>31856467
Should i carry with a round in the chamber?
>>
>>31856467
Yes.
>>
Yeah
>>
>>31856497
Yes.
>>
>>31856467
yes
>>
Yes, because 20+1 with a Five-seveN was too good to pass up.
>>
Of course! Why would i deliberately limit my ammo count? But if you are in the practice of clearing your firearm when you return home, thun i think it is good to rotate the chambered round. After a while you might experience bullet setback and that is not good! I dont clear but right now it is just me and the wife here.
>>
>>31856563
>clearing your firearm when you return home
Why would you do that?
>>
>>31856493
>Yes but I'm a not a fucking faggot like that. I lock my slide back, put a round in, send it home, and throw the mag in

Oh, you're the kind of faggot that likes to needlessly damage their firearm for no reason other than getting a smidge of lead on their thumb when topping off their gun.

Gocha.
>>
>>31856493
This^
Stripping a round then capping the mag is retarded
>>
>>31856563
>Why would i deliberately limit my ammo count?
I do it because I don't like having that extra loose round rolling around.
>>
>>31856586
>>31856589
Not sure about other guns, but I have heard that 1911 extractors should pick up a round from the magazine only.
>>
>>31856467
Just make sure your gun is drop safe.
>>
>>31856577
Some of us carry different guns between work and home. I Just keep mine chambered and in a holster on my dresser, but I could see someone with kids unloading and storing their work gun when they get home.
>>
>>31856577
some people do, i never have. if it is going in the safe for long term storage then i do. My brother cleared but i think that was just so that he could show ppl that he was carrying. then again this was the guy that carried a full frame .45 under a tshirt. not that it was ever that "concealed" lol
>>
>>31856608
Is it proven, or did you just hear about it?
>>
>>31856617
So do I, but that's no reason to unload my other gun.
>>
>>31856631
The 1911 extractor is meant for controlled feed, not push feed. Damage may result from closing the slide on a chambered round.
>>
>>31856467

Yeap. I have a shit mag that fucks up alot. So it became my +1 loader.
>>
>>31856594
oh i acknowledge that it is inconvenient to have that loose round rolling around....
>>
>>31856493
Thats a good way to destroy your extractor you mong.
>>
why not just carry a second mag
>>
>>31856467
1911fag here. So of course
>>
>>31856577
I don't keep a round chambered when my gun is sitting on my nightstand. I don't want to ever wake up to loud banging, grab for my pistol, and end up ND'ing into my neighbor's wife's son because I was fumbling in the dark for a firearm.
>>
>>31856467
I drop one in the chamber then rack it closed, then insert full magazine.
>>
>>31856745
How's that damage the gun? Especially if you're gun locks the slide back when the mag is empty?
>>
>>31856789
how does the extractor not punch the shell case when it closes?
>>
No. I dont see the need to be a safety hazard when literally nothing will happen 99.99999% of the time i cc.

I don't live in a shit state with any amount of gang activity, so racking the slide should i need to is a non issue
>>
>>31856819
I'll learn you because you don't know.
the extractor grabs the cartridge just behind the rim where it is supposed to when a new magazine is inserted. When you close the slide on a round already seated in the chamber, you are forcing the extractor over the rim of the casing, and THEN it grabs onto the rim of the cartridge.
people break extractors like this ALL the time.
>>
>>31856882
Thanks for explaining. I don't practice doing it anyway. But now I know for sure not to.
>>
>>31856467
Yep. I cc a glock 19 with 15 rounds, but I like having that extra. You never know, the +1 could save your life.
>>
I carry with the +1 because i think that if ever -lets hope not- i have to draw, then i will probably have waited till i am fending him off with the other hand. It is possible to belt rack your slide but not some thing i would want to reliy on in the crazy stress of the moment.
>>
>>31856851
Why bother carrying a gun if you're not going to have it ready.

Nothings going to happen 99.99999% of the time anyway, right?
>>
>>31856918
most extractors are beefy enough to make it a non-issue, especially if you only do it a few times.
>>
>>31856589

>implying that extractor's are hard to replace
>>
>>31857023
I don't like to practice bad habits though. I'm a fag anyway, I don't +1 and I carry condition 3.

Like other anon said I live in a safe rural area, racking a round is a non issue for me.
>>
>>31857060
>implying it's easier to change an extractor than it is to just chamber the round properly
>>
>>31857060
It would still suck if you broke one and didn't notice it until you went to use your weapon.
>>
Yes. Mine can't be loaded from the barrel so I have to load from the magazine and top off. I don't unload enough that it's a problem.
>>
>>31856967
That's different, you're talking about having a round chambered, which you could have any number of cartridges in the mag and still have one chambered. What OP is talking about is having a full mag AND having a round chambered, instead of full mag, rack slide and have round chambered, so that mag is full minus one.
>>
>>31857060
Where do i imply that?

>>31856641
Looking at the 1911 extractor, i see why thats needed, i own a 92fs so i can load directly into the chamber
>>
friendly reminder that you shouldn't press check ever, just always have a round chambered and KNOW you have a round chambered
>>
I'm not op but I haven't carried with one in the chamber.
I want to but am nervous only carried for 2 months now
>g43 no safety dat feel
>>
>>31857186
there's nothing wrong with Israeli carry if you're good at it. just practice a lot.
>>
>>31856467
Yes.
>>
>>31856577

Kek, you just reminded me of the recent thread where the anon was asking if he should be wearing earpro when using his clearing bucket before going to bed. I wish I'd remembered to cap that whole thing.
>>
>>31856467

Yeah, I usually just drop the slide on a single round rather than topping off the magazine though. It doesn't make sense to me not to carry that +1.
>>
>>31856783
Keep it in your holster dumb fuck.
>>
>>31856783
Speaking of which, don't ever talk to me or my neighbors wife's son again
>>
File: DSCF0551.jpg (635KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0551.jpg
635KB, 1600x1200px
I might if I carried little 9mm's.
>>
I carry plus 1, but I take an extra round out of the magazine.

Guess it all evens out.
>>
File: 1456347809812.png (134KB, 500x500px)
1456347809812.png
134KB, 500x500px
>>31857480
what
what exactly do you mean by that
>>
>>31856586
If your gun breaks from that maybe you should invest in a gun that's not made of pot metal.

That being said, just lock it back and slip a round behind the claw if it's going to booty blast you. Only retards strip and then reload the mag.
>>
>>31856467
yes
>>
>>31857152
>that you shouldn't press check ever
Does it damage the gun in any way or are you just being retarded?
>>
>>31856467
>primary carry gun doesn't have a safety
I-I don't want to put a round in my leg baka desu senpaitachi
>>
>not having four less rounds in your magazine, then topping it off with a five round clip
Do you people even FIX BAYONETS?
>>
>>31856882
Haven't heard of a single person ever breaking an extractor this way. Link please
>>
>>31856467
No. I carry with a round in the chamber, but I like having the option of putting the round back in the mag. Not that I ever have. I can't even think of a good reason to. Fuck you, that's why.
>>
File: Colt6920flashlight.png (1MB, 1053x585px) Image search: [Google]
Colt6920flashlight.png
1MB, 1053x585px
>>31856467
I carry single stack pistols +1 and double stack magazines 1 in the chamber 1 missing from the magazine. I do this because there has been multiple instances where carrying a double stack magazine to full capacity as well as 1 in the chamber can cause a malfunction. Load your double stack magazine to full capacity than insert it into the firearm. You will notice ALOT of resistance when you seat the magazine all the way in. This is not a problem on single stack magazines tho. Something about springs and stuff yadda yadda yadda just don't do it on double stacks. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>31856467
Yes
>>
>>31856467
Yes
>>
>>31857753
That's not how guns/magazines work. Not even close.

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>31857865
I like to think that this posts like that are bait and nobody is actually that stupid.

Sometimes it helps.
>>
>>31856586
>I've only ever owned a 1911, the post.
>>
>>31856467
Nigga is you retarded? You are describing one in the same damn thing. You best be trolling.
>>
>>31858727
I can't think of any other pistol that doesn't load from the mag but I don't think it would really cause any undue wear or problems swapping the claw on the rim either
>>
>>31857677
1911s break extractors like this all the time.
>>
>>31858962
It does, for 1911s, because of the internal extractor.
>>
>>31859066
Well luckily I don't have a cuckteeneleven
>>
>>31856467

Yes
>>
I load 1 round into the magazine, put that one into the chamber, and then load magazine to capacity.
>>
>>31856493
Why the fuck would you not rack and strip a round from the magazine? Maybe I'm retarded but isn't that how firearms operate? How does that make people fags. One of the best troll posts I've ever seen.
>>
>>31862143
Then insert round into magazine to full capacity then reinsert magazine.
>>
>>31857146

The 92FS extractor isn't intended to work this way either, it just takes the abuse better. It's still abuse.
>>
>>31862175
This is from a 92fs manual
>>
>>31856534
toppest of Keks
>>
>>31862313
>possible

Almost every handgun ever made is designed so that direct chamber loading is possible in case of a lost or damaged magazine. The army actually listed it as a condition in the handgun trials that the 92 won. That doesn't mean that you should batter the face of your extractor every day as part of your routine, not when you can load the gun without battering the extractor at all.

You're not supposed to slam the slide closed on an empty gun either, because it's unnecessary wear. Just because you can do a thing, does not necessarily mean you should.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>31862456
Ehh, well i train by dry fire every day with spent casings, sadly those don't feed from a magazine. Usually pull the trigger 20 times before the primer is spent (yeah, double action every time) then i pop the primer out and pop in a new (fired once) primer and proceed with dry fire training.

And i never slam the slide closed on an empty chamber either, i'm crude but i'm no barbarian.
>>
>>31857300
That thread thoroughly fucked my mind
>>
>>31856467
90% of the time when I'm just edcing to work or going to the grocery store or meeting someone for a meal etc... IN MY TOWN, I carry un-chambered.

But like when I go down town or something, I do carry +1 and generally bring a spare mag, and have that half cocked.

The reason I don't ALWAYS carry chambered or +1 is that I have a really crappy old soft IWB that has a tendency to toggle the safety; but it's super comfortable and therefore great for day to day.

cocking on draw isn't all that hard to do either. But for goin anywhere potentially more dangerous, I'd rather just thumb the hammer back to full cock before I even draw it.

>inb4 defective holster get a new one

this system has worked for years, if it aint broke, don't mess with it. Not telling anyone else to go out and do this; just sayin how I do it.
>>
>>31862143
Because these people want some operator way to +1 load their guns even though no one gives three fucks how you do it.
>>
>>31856467

holy shit yes, who doesn't do this?

why wouldn't you do this?
>>
>>31856467
Yes.
>>
>>31864010
Not loading one round into a mag, chambering, swap to a fresh mag.....
>>
>>31864010
It can be awkward and time consuming to either drop a round in the tube or reload the magazine.
>>
>>31856882
That's only external extractors my dude
>>
>>31864067
Its an extra couple of seconds before you holster it. That's like saying seat belts are awkward and time consuming
>>
>>31864261
>That's like saying seat belts are awkward and time consuming
They totally are though, fuck seat belts they're uncomfortable as shit.
>>
>>31856497
Yup
>>
>>31865484

Not as uncomfortable as getting ejected from your car and ending up as a vegetable for the rest of your life
>>
>>31857562
Please tell me what makes someone a faggot if they chamber then top off their mags? That's how it's done by pretty much everyone. Call someone a faggot for doing something stupid, like getting assmad at people wheb they do things differently from them.

Faggot.
>>
I dont carry a round in the chamber
but I also have a death wish, I'm just to afraid to do it myself
>>
>>31857095
But what if it's chambered and no one can tell even if it was?
>>
>>31866147
>Not as uncomfortable as getting ejected from your car and ending up as a vegetable for the rest of your life

The chances that I will get in a crash and not die but become disabled to the point that I will be unable to commit suicide are slim enough that I'm willing to take the risk to not have to have a fucking strap around me for an 8 hour car trip. Also it's not like I'm going to get hurt at anything other than highway speeds.
>>
>>31866205
I guess people in my neck of the woods managed to get out of the womb with all thier chromosomes because it is literaly the most retarded shit to
>insert magazine
>chamber round
>take out magazine
>load one more round
>reinsert magazine
When you could
>lock back slide
>slip bullet rim behind extractor
>chamber
>insert magazine

There, it's simple, doesn't mess with the extractor and doesn't require you playing the hokey pokey with the magazine
>>
>>31856467
yes.
>>
>>31862105
This guy gets it. Who wants to add the last round to a full mag twice?
>>
>>31866205
You seem triggered. Do you want a hug you faggot
>>
My sig p320 does not have a safety. Not sure about how I feel about having a round chambered with no safety. How do you guys handle that? No worries?

It was my first pistol purchase and I should have done more research. Saving to replace it with a G43.
>>
>>31867202
How the fuck is this ever a problem unless you Mexican carry the gun can't go off unless you pull the trigger, if you are scared it's going to happen practice more. Having a gun without a round in the chamber is near the dumbest thing you can do.
>>
>>31857631
he saw the Yeager video about press checking being bad because it's an amateur move.

But then again, this guy did jump into a ditch and survived while his buddies didn't and got shot to shit. Yeager maybe on to something.
>>
>>31856467
My general rule with my P99 (.40S&W) is that I have to shoot something 13 fucking times to make it stay down, I need to leave it the hell alone.
>>
>>31857677
Where I work people have broken extractors on Remington 870s by putting a round into the barrel instead of just placing it on the elevator.
>>
>>31856467
I carry a revolver.
>>
>>31868364
>implying you're shooting one thing
>>
>>31856493
>>31856589
You are forcing the extractor. Don't blame your firearm when you find it has cracked, worn, or chipped.
>>
>>31857020
This. You having to chamber a round could escalate a situation putting you in the wrong, whereas waiting till the point where you need your firearm might not afford you enough time to chamber that round. In short it you're scared of carrying a charged automatic, carry a revolver instead.
>>
>>31856467
Sure, but like my pocket J-frame in the heat
>>
Yes

If I ever have to use it I want everything I can.
I cannot see a situation where one more round would hurt but the other way is potentially bad.
>>
>>31866312
You're retarded.
>>
>>31866312
Oddly I saw lot of folks with head/neck injuries in ER from sub 30 mph impacts. And folks most city streets are 35mph. I think it would be cool if you have a forward thinking Living Will and be on the organ donors list. No one can make you wear a seat belt but if you ever have worked in a ER you would buckle up all the time.

Though you gotta watch where your CCP is while in a car, a fender bender can be exciting to objects in the car.
>>
>>31856493
>>31856745
>>31856882
>>31868454
You do know the extractor on some pistols only snaps over the rim after the case is in the chamber even when feeding from the magazine, don't you? The Makarov being a major example. Not every pistol is controlled feed.
>>
>>31856467
How could anyone not understand? it's not +1 unless you replace the one you chamber.
>>
I lock the slide back then I put one loose round in the chamber next I put a full mag in and pull down on the slide lock to release it. This is called +2
>>
>>31869973
Does anyone know if the 92FS is push or control fed? *basically is the 92fs like the makarov?

Or do you know how to tell?
>>
>>31871664
Wut, read it like 7 times before I realized. Top kek.
>>
>>31866320
>Push one button
>Playing hokey pokey
>>
>>31871733
>>31869973
>>31856493
Wait I just realized. 92fs 1911s and even all the sigs I've handled have to be control fed. The ejector isn't depressed by the round when the bolt forces the extractor over the rim like in an AR. The bullet is slid up into the extractor on most pistols and the ejector is only protruding when the slide comes back.

So yeah its fair to say slamming the slide forward over the round isn't how the ejector was intended to be used. Definitely prolly not a good idea.

So it would also be true that close to all the pistols (at least the ones I've handled) are control fed.
>>
>>31871813
You still haven't answered why your way is any better or faster.
>>
Depends, if you're expecting to shoot it - top it off.
>>
>lock slide back
>insert mag
>send slide forward
>drop mag
>+1
>insert mag
>decock gun to 1/2 cock with decocker
>put on safety
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.